• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

zychi

Banned
I do not think OKC can beat this GS team without HCA. Westbrook and KD will both have to play defense too.

GS should fear no one if healthy IMO
I think Portland is a bad matchup for GS, i think Rondo will be traded to Dallas, and that will make Dallas a problem for GS.

I cant wait for the west playoffs

They were 9-6 with cousins healthy and gay has missed time too.

Seriously, this is the biggest WTF move.

It's not that big of a WTF move. They were god awful last year. Most coaches don't survive that. Injuries or no, they are sub .500 again this year (with a team that, fair or not, must have higher expectations due to the contracts they gave to to Rudy Gay).

Fjordson

I think it's sort of a weird move. John Wooden ain't doing much better with their roster. And they weren't bad before Cousins got sick.

Jonm1010

Banned
It's not that big of a WTF move. They were god awful last year. Most coaches don't survive that. Injuries or no, they are sub .500 again this year (with a team that, fair or not, must have higher expectations due to the contracts they gave to to Rudy Gay).

Ok, so he does survive that, you give the guy another chance and when his superstar is healthy his team is 9-6 and between the 7th and 8th seed. On pace for nearly 50 wins. They lose their superstar and obviously struggle. Then you fire him? I mean we're they expecting miracles this season or something? They are young and don't have a ton of experience together yet.

It is a huge WTF move unless there is more to the story that no one knows about or they have some coach like George Karl lined up and ready to go.

Ok, so he does survive that, you give the guy another chance and when his superstar is healthy his team is 9-6. On pace for nearly 50 wins. They lose their superstar and obviously struggle. Then you fire him?

It is a huge WTF move unless there is more to the story that no one knows about or they have some coach like George Karl lined up and ready to go.

I think Vivek probably has unrealistically high expectations but the track record for Malone wasn't great. Coaches with his W/L numbers get fired all the time, fair or not when it comes to things like injuries.

Jonm1010

Banned
I think Vivek probably has unrealistically high expectations but the track record for Malone wasn't great. Coaches with his W/L numbers get fired all the time, fair or not when it comes to things like injuries.
I get that coaches that have bad seasons get fired. So you do it this off season. Not a quarter into the season when the guy has a solid record when healthy.

They pretty much just threw the season.

I mean are we really defending the Kings decision makers here? This may be the most boneheaded organization in basketball still and to me this just puts an exclamation point on it.

I get that coaches that have bad seasons get fired. So you do it this off season. Not a quarter into the season when the guy has a solid record when healthy.

They pretty much just threw the season.

I mean are we really defending the Kings decision makers here? This may be the most boneheaded organization in basketball still and to me this just puts an exclamation point on it.

I'm not defending the Kings I'm just not that shocked by it. I don't think Malone is all that great of a coach either.

Jonm1010

Banned
I'm not defending the Kings I'm just not that shocked by it. I don't think Malone is all that great of a coach either.
Unless you have a known quantity replacement lined up or a godawful start to the season with fans in an uproar i don't know how anyone can think firing a coach a quarter through the season makes sense. That's why I'm shaking my head in disbelief.

Expectations or not, let him finish it out and then fire him in the offseason.

I mean it kind of poisons the well for any really good candidates available because who wants to step into the coaching chair without any offseason time and in the season? And if you just go with an on-staff guy or interim fix then what is the point to begin with?

Edit: they were also 9-6 with 2nd toughest SOS in the league.

Jonm1010

Banned
@WojYahooNBA
Sacramento has no replacement lined up for Malone, and Corbin will be afforded chance to coach Kings this season, league sources tell Yahoo.
Another longterm candidate to monitor for Kings coaching job, league sources tell Yahoo: Vinny Del Negro.

Really kings?

Blearth

Banned
There's a pretty large gap between the 8 seed and the 7 seed in the west. I'm pretty sure OKC will take that 8 spot. I know its early, but if it should get to that point should Golden State tank just a tad to not face them first round?

I never understood this kind of thinking.

For the Dubs to get to the NBA Finals, they will have to do one of the following.

A. Beat OKC in a seven game series
B. Beat a team that was good enough to beat OKC in a seven game series in a seven game series
C. Beat a team that was good enough to beat a team that was good enough to beat OKC in a seven game series in a seven game series in a seven game series

overcast

tumblr_ngl2wa1lCz1qzaoamo1_1280.jpg
Lol.

The Kings firing is one of the worst moves of the year. 3rd coach in the last 4 years fired, and after a decent start riddled with injuries? Was this team supposed to be Mavericks-good this year?

Their plan B is Corbin or Del Negro? Who actively seeks these guys? How does this help Cousins' development, when he was finally looking like an All Star quality player this year? Just a clown organization.

Wow...Del Negro or Corbin to replace Mike Malone?

"(Vivek Ranadive) played the part of a fantasy league owner, treating the Kings like a science experiment. He shared tactical experiences with Malone about coaching his child's youth team, and pressed him to consider playing four-on-five defense, leaking out a defender for cherry-picking baskets."

Ranadive_Vivek_sac_130616.jpg

Holy shit...LOL @ Vivek..

Vivek's probably thinking about offering a golden retriever a 10 day contract or convincing Bow Wow to break out his old faded Jordans to solve their perimeter deficiencies...

Fjordson

Goddamnit, so Harrison Barnes did break his nose yesterday. Thanks Dante Cunningham. Fucking moron.

So Bogut and Lee out and Barnes nursing that. Could be a rough one in Memphis tomorrow.

Goddamnit, so Harrison Barnes did break his nose yesterday. Thanks Dante Cunningham. Fucking moron.

So Bogut and Lee out and Barnes nursing that. Could be a rough one in Memphis tomorrow.

It's ok..better now than later *knock on wood. Hopefully our top 7-8 players are healthy in May.

True. But the Barnes injury really annoys me. I know Cunningham didn't mean it, but it's so dumb when players just start throwing their elbows like that.

It happens. Just be glad it wasn't Steph...Barnes, despite playing well is interchangeable in our lineup. It just means more minutes of Iggy...

I have bee hearing rumblings of a separate wing in the HOF for Kobe to be the first of its kind.

I have also heard some talk about changing the NBA logo to a silhouette of Kobe similar to his 1st gen Adidas logo. I support all of this, and think its well deserved..

Kids, when he is gone, you will not see another like him. Enjoy it. These Millenials don't care like Kobe's generation.

Bowser

James Ham ‏@James_Ham 29m29 minutes ago
Cousins was clear that he found out about Malone firing through twitter.

lmao

Top Bottom