• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

I have bee hearing rumblings of a separate wing in the HOF for Kobe to be the first of its kind.

I have also heard some talk about changing the NBA logo to a silhouette of Kobe similar to his 1st gen Adidas logo. I support all of this, and think its well deserved..

Kids, when he is gone, you will not see another like him. Enjoy it. These Millenials don't care like Kobe's generation.

No doubt...there'll never be another Michael Jordan cover act quite like Kobe.

Didn't the Kings change ownership? New boss, same as the old boss I guess.

The Maloof's didn't care or just wanted to cash out at the end. This guy seems like he's batshit crazy.

George Karl is Pete D'Alessandro's old coach with the Denver Nuggets, and the clear frontrunner to become the Sacramento Kings' next head coach.

Karl has tried to get multiple head coaching positions since leaving the Nuggets.

Karl wants to break Don Nelson's record for career victories, and needs to be back on a bench soon to have a chance.

Howard Beck of Bleacher Reports that Alvin Gentry and Mark Jackson are also prime targets.

Kings can have Mark Jackson. Leave Alvin Gentry alone.

Bowser

The Maloof's didn't care or just wanted to cash out at the end. This guy seems like he's batshit crazy.

Given how well the Dubs are doing this season and Lowe's anecdote about the Kings interest in Gentry in the above piece, I can't see Gentry leaving for the Kings.

Jonm1010

Banned

Dont do it Karl! Don't waste your last chance at a chip on the crazy Kings! Wait til Monty Williams gets fired and come help the Pelicans!

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago
Sacramento owner Vivek Ranadive is very intrigued with coaching candidacy of Chris Mullin, league sources tell Yahoo. Mullin's a factor.

mj-laughing.gif

I think Vivek probably has unrealistically high expectations but the track record for Malone wasn't great. Coaches with his W/L numbers get fired all the time, fair or not when it comes to things like injuries.

20 games into the season where their only All Star caliber player (no, Rudy isn't anymore) misses half the games?

They were 9-6 in the western conference. Super unrealistic expectations by a heavy handed owner.

This move is good for the Lakers, Warriors and Suns.

NOT for Sacramento. I'm happy.

Sanjuro

Jared Sullinger’s not ignoring your calls. He’s just frustrated with his recent play.

"I turned my phone off," Sullinger said Sunday after averaging 3.3 points over his last three games. "I don’t like talking. Honestly, the past four or five days, my phone has been completely off. Powered down. Don’t check it. Don't do anything. It’s just who I’ve been."

You sure it wasn't when you smashed your girlfriend's phone when she tried to call the police, Jared?

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago
Sacramento owner Vivek Ranadive is very intrigued with coaching candidacy of Chris Mullin, league sources tell Yahoo. Mullin's a factor.

mj-laughing.gif

Mullie was one of my favorite players growing up but seriously now...maybe he'll bring in Nellie to be assistant coach

The San Antonio spurs are playing the Portland trailblazers tonight but instead the horrible Lakers get the national television spot just to get blown out by 30 to the Indiana pacers. Ugh.

The San Antonio spurs are playing the Portland trailblazers tonight but instead the horrible Lakers get the national television spot just to get blown out by 30 to the Indiana pacers. Ugh.

That was a late switch, too. The national game was originally going to be Hornets at Cavs, which is at least competitive despite Charlotte's terrible start.

Soonri

LMAO Lakers. Back to reality.

In fairness, Pop also rested the usual suspects so it's not super compelling imo.

Steve Kerr?

Alvin Gentry...the other assistant coach, and Luke Walton working with Speights.

Add in Shawn Livingston...tough team to beat when healthy.

Plus, Klay and Steph have overall better games this year than they did last year.

Klay tries to get to the rack more and Steph is an OK on the ball defender for

Bowser

Suns fans! Would you guys do any of:

Stephenson/Vonleh for Dragic/Tolliver
Stephenson/Vonleh for Thomas/Tolliver
Stephenson for Green/Tolliver

???

iamblades

While I view Karl as an upgrade from Malone if they can get him(I second the sentiment that he should hold on for the Pelicans job to open up), that was a total bush league move from the Kings.

Firing your coach because your star player gets sick?

They were on pace to be a borderline playoff team before Cousins goes down, and a 8th seed is about all you can legitimately expect from that roster.

Then you let Cousins find out about it on twitter? Complete amateur hour over there.

Kronotech

C'mon Suns, seriously??? We can't even win against the Bucks now?

Trade Plumlee and Bledsoe or Thomas for someone who can score and NOT turn over the ball every 2 possessions.

...I still love you Suns... but seriously?

Pimpwerx

Fuck me. I'm just learning McBobs is out for the season.

Wow! Fuck that's brutal. Bosh out. Deng inconsistent. Granger permascrub. Cole net negative. Wade giving no fucks. Birdman hobbled. The rookie wall crushing Shabazz dreams. Wow! We're...we're totally the 2010 Cavs.

Chalmers might just be the best guy on the floor until Bosh returns. Wow!

Wow. PEACE.

Fuck me. I'm just learning McBobs is out for the season.

Wow! Fuck that's brutal. Bosh out. Deng inconsistent. Granger permascrub. Cole net negative. Wade giving no fucks. Birdman hobbled. The rookie wall crushing Shabazz dreams. Wow! We're...we're totally the 2010 Cavs.

Chalmers might just be the best guy on the floor until Bosh returns. Wow!

Wow. PEACE.
If you think this season is bad next season is going to be 07-08 levels of frustration

Spurs-GAF! I have three tickets and a parking pass that I won't be able to use this upcoming Friday, the 19th, for a game against the Trailblazers. If you are interested, first to PM get them. Seats are row 12 adjacent to backboard.

KidJr

Spurs-GAF! I have three tickets and a parking pass that I won't be able to use this upcoming Friday, the 19th, for a game against the Trailblazers. If you are interested, first to PM get them. Seats are row 12 adjacent to backboard.

WHY DO I HAVE TO LIVE IN THE UK ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were never going to beat Portland last night, the win against nuggets show we lack so much fluidity without parker or mills.

I'm very confident we will be making the finals this year, its just a matter of keeping the big three rested and everyone healthy.

Pimpwerx

If you think this season is bad next season is going to be 07-08 levels of frustration
Brethren...Mario motherfucking Chalmers is legit going to be the best guy we put on the floor the next few games. My head is swirling. I honestly wasn't prepared for this season to turn out this way. I didn't think we'd be Cleveland good, but I didn't think we'd be traditional Cleveland bad either. Getting blown out at home by scrub teams and losing everyone to injury? Is a meteorite going to hit the AAA next? Damn. At least there's the hope of s Durant or *sigh* Melo at the end of the tunnel. Wade's body language has sucked the past week. Too soon to roll out the tank? PEACE.

Brethren...Mario motherfucking Chalmers is legit going to be the best guy we put on the floor the next few games. My head is swirling. I honestly wasn't prepared for this season to turn out this way. I didn't think we'd be Cleveland good, but I didn't think we'd be traditional Cleveland bad either. Getting blown out at home by scrub teams and losing everyone to injury? Is a meteorite going to hit the AAA next? Damn. At least there's the hope of s Durant or *sigh* Melo at the end of the tunnel. Wade's body language has sucked the past week. Too soon to roll out the tank? PEACE.

We aren't going to be Cleveland-bad this year, but next year that's what I'm expecting. Better start finding out 2016 draft prospects! We're going to trade our #1 overall pick for KD AND Westbrook!

We're still a .500 team and possibly right above it but if Bosh and Wade keep playing more games without each other then we're a 30 win team

We aren't going to be Cleveland-bad this year, but next year that's what I'm expecting. Better start finding out 2016 draft prospects! We're going to trade our #1 overall pick for KD AND Westbrook!

We're still a .500 team and possibly right above it but if Bosh and Wade keep playing more games without each other then we're a 30 win team

Miami starting the tank for Thon Maker...

C'mon Suns, seriously??? We can't even win against the Bucks now?

Trade Plumlee and Bledsoe or Thomas for someone who can score and NOT turn over the ball every 2 possessions.

...I still love you Suns... but seriously?

Can't believe how many people overrated the Suns "small" backcourt. Isaiah, Bledsoe, Dragic...all good players. Not game changers though.

Bowser

PROPOSAL!

Brooklyn/Charlotte/Philly 3-team deal: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=na9pfe6

Nets and/or Hornets throw in picks to make it worth Philly's time

Hornets starting 5: Kemba/JJ/MKG/Zeller/Big Al
Bench: Roberts/Neal/PJ/Vonleh/Biyombo
Deep Reserves: Pargo/Taylor/Maxiell

Can even do some small ball lineups with MKG at PF, such as Kemba/Neal/JJ/MKG/Zeller or Kemba/Neal/JJ/MKG/Big Al

Get it done Cho

Top Bottom