• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Anthony Davis is a beast if his teammates were half-aware of how good he is he would 40 pts a game.

Bulls getting better and better. 6th straight.

Anthony Davis is a beast if his teammates were half-aware of how good he is he would 40 pts a game.

Can't say the Pelis have done a good job of putting a good team around him. Simmons and Lowe mentioned this on their last pod but it's very reminiscent of how Cleveland built around young LeBron.

iamblades

Oh look, this whole 'fast paced run and gun' Kings style has them losing to the fucking Knicks in OT.

/facepalm

Looks like they may pull it out, but there is no way this game should be close.

fertygo

Oh look, this whole 'fast paced run and gun' Kings style has them losing to the fucking Knicks in OT.

/facepalm

Looks like they may pull it out, but there is no way this game should be close.

Oh shit Kings already try up their bullshit 4 vs 5 nitpicking game?

Might need to catch their next game lols

Soonri

Can't say the Pelis have done a good job of putting a good team around him. Simmons and Lowe mentioned this on their last pod but it's very reminiscent of how Cleveland built around young LeBron.
Their biggest problem personnel-wise is that Eric Gordon is now useless and they have no bench besides Austin Rivers and Ryan Anderson. I also don't think that Monty Williams is the guy to take them to at least consistent playoff berths. I love Jrue Holiday though

iamblades

Oh shit Kings already try up their bullshit 4 vs 5 nitpicking game?

Might need to catch their next game lols

I dunno if they did that, wasn't watching the whole game though. The pace was certainly much higher and the defense much worse.

Their biggest problem personnel-wise is that Eric Gordon is now useless and they have no bench besides Austin Rivers and Ryan Anderson. I also don't think that Monty Williams is the guy to take them to at least consistent playoff berths. I love Jrue Holiday though

The Gordon signing was certainly NO's original sin. It was obvious from the time he was traded to NO that he did not want to be there, even discounting the injuries.

Just because you can sign a guy because you can pay him more money than anyone else, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Historically speaking, it is never a good sign when the only reason a guy will sign is because you can pay him more. Way too many examples of guys taking the money and then playing like shit because they don't actually want to be there/don't fit in.

Tyreke was probably an overpay and redundant, but I get it, they needed to do something if Gordon was constantly going to be out with injury. Jrue is a good young PG so I get why they wen't for him too, I just think they might have given up too much given the abundance of PGs in today's league.

Gordon is the main issue, you simply can't have a guy getting paid that much be a total non contributor and expect to field a decent team. It kills your bench, it kills your flexibility, and it's probably not good for team chemistry either.

Soonri

I dunno if they did that, wasn't watching the whole game though. The pace was certainly much higher and the defense much worse.

The Gordon signing was certainly NO's original sin. It was obvious from the time he was traded to NO that he did not want to be there, even discounting the injuries.

Just because you can sign a guy because you can pay him more money than anyone else, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Historically speaking, it is never a good sign when the only reason a guy will sign is because you can pay him more. Way too many examples of guys taking the money and then playing like shit because they don't actually want to be there/don't fit in.

Tyreke was probably an overpay and redundant, but I get it, they needed to do something if Gordon was constantly going to be out with injury. Jrue is a good young PG so I get why they wen't for him too, I just think they might have given up too much given the abundance of PGs in today's league.

Gordon is the main issue, you simply can't have a guy getting paid that much be a total non contributor and expect to field a decent team. It kills your bench, it kills your flexibility, and it's probably not good for team chemistry either.

I suppose the hypothetical solution is to move Eric Gordon to the bench. But who would you put in his place? Also I totally believe Jrue can get better. He's not top 10 PG but he's close - he already made an All-Star team and he's only 24. His defense is really really good.

Do the Pelicans still have their draft pick? I suppose they could look at Caris LeVert, but he didn't have a good game against Arizona's NBA-level prospects. Or maybe move Tyreke to shooting guard and look for a small forward. Then again, I don't think Tyreke has consistent defense to not get lit up at that position (I haven't watched him too much).

zychi

Banned

A bit late, literally this is quoted from Twitter. The downfall of GAF, people quoting Twitter as their own.

Either Fridell or Sam Smith said this. Too lazy to find out who

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
A bit late, literally this is quoted from Twitter. The downfall of GAF, people quoting Twitter as their own.

Either Fridell or Sam Smith said this. Too lazy to find out who

Really? I don't even follow Freidell or Smith on my twitter. Whoever said it, whatever, I didn't take it from any of them just posted what 90% of any sane basketball fan except Monty Williams would think if they had Anthony Davis on their team.

zychi

Banned
Really? I don't even follow Freidell or Smith on my twitter. Whoever said it, whatever, I didn't take it from any of them just posted what 90% of any sane basketball fan except Monty Williams would think if they had Anthony Davis on their team.

VsyYNac.png

zroid

Banned
I was just watching the truncated version of TORvsLAC.

:lol :lol Vasquez taking a shot after the whistle had blown and the rebound hit the ref from behind

Davis in NO is similar to LeBron on those early Cavs teams. Just wasting away years of his youth.

It was always a spectacle to watch him go to work though.

Butler is a lock for Most Improved Player I dunno about MVP

I'll give that shit to Steph Curry or Anthony Davis if the Pelicans somehow make the playoffs with that mess of a backcourt

Top Bottom