• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Getting closer and closer to having the first 50 win season for the Raps.

It's what I wanted to see the Raps do this year. Before the season started I had them at 44-48 wins this season.

Barring any injuries looks like we have a damn good shot at winning 50.

I'm excite!

rinse82

Getting closer and closer to having the first 50 win season for the Raps.

It's what I wanted to see the Raps do this year. Before the season started I had them at 44-48 wins this season.

Barring any injuries looks like we have a damn good shot at winning 50.

I'm excite!

All it will take is virtual .500 ball rest of the way and we still have a ton of games vs the Titanic division.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
All it will take is virtual .500 ball rest of the way and we still have a ton of games vs the Titanic division.

Yup I've been keeping track.

26-25 the rest of the season to just hit 50 wins. If the number starts become we would have to be under .500 to hit 50 wins it might be time to raise the expectation.

zroid

Banned
I got excited when the Jays just needed to go .500 to hit 90 wins........ugh

:lol

yeah but the Jays were always predicted to regress... if maybe not quite that much. Like the Leafs :|

Actually I don't know anything about basketball statistics, what do they say about the Raps?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
:lol

yeah but the Jays were always predicted to regress... if maybe not quite that much. Like the Leafs :|

Actually I don't know anything about basketball statistics, what do they say about the Raps?

Offensive rating #2 in the league.

Defensive rating was top 10 but has slipped since Demar went down.

Near the top in the league in fewest turnovers per game

Top 5 in the league in free throws attempted before Demar went down.

Top 5 in free throw percentage.

Below average rebounding

If you're expecting a regression anywhere it's probably in offensive rating, hence why Casey is always harping on playing strong defense so when it does happen we have something to still fall back on.

overcast

Didn't get to watch the Rockets game but I followed on my phone a bit. Looked so ugly. All those TO's spoiled a great Brewer/Howard game.

Tough game against the Wizards tomorrow too. Hopefully we can rebound.

maladroid

I don't get this. You're the Spurs. We just struggled with a ZBo-less Memphis. In the space of about a week, we've brought in three new guys (one today). McHale doesn't know their rotations, and these line-ups don't know how to play with each other. This would be the best time to play against the Rockets.
If Kawhii and Tony aren't playing, the Spurs are gonna get thumped
Oh hey, whaddya know, season high in turnovers and a loss. Don't expect much'll change against the Wiz.

Fjordson

Doesn't surprise me. I mean this team sort of fell into Blatt's lap. He was there before they got Lebron or Love if I'm remembering correctly. Went from rookie NBA coach bringing along a young and mediocre team to trying to foster multiple all-stars on a team with title aspirations almost overnight.

Even if it's not his fault, I can see him gone this summer if they have a disappointing year (or if Lebron really wants him gone).

The article makes it appear they're listening to Tyronn Lue more than Blatt in the huddle. I don't know if they just make a switch to him, but I seem to recall him being a finalist for either this job or others before they hired Blatt, which was indeed before LeBron or Love joined the team.

Lue has never been a head coach in the NBA, of course, but other recent former players being successful would probably work in his favor. Marc Jackson and now Steve Kerr in Golden State, in particular.

Then again, they could just break the bank with another run at Calipari.

And now for the other side:

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 46m
LeBron James' full response when told an endorsement of coach David Blatt would carry a lot of weight:

B6DBW6HCEAAiYrS.jpg

Transcribed, if you can't see the image:

"Well, listen man, I don't pay no bills around here. Listen man, I play. I'm happy with who we have at our helm. He's our coach. But for it to make a feud between me and Blatt or the team and Blatt is just to sell. It's just to sell and get people to read it and put something on the bottom of the ticker. That's all it is. It's funny, you could write those same things when we win, too. They just write 'em when we lose because it looks better."

Fjordson

Yeah, I don't know what they expect to get out Lebron or any other player with that sort of question :lol

"Now that you guys mention it, I do think firing coach would do us some good. He sucks."

PBY

Banned
Yeah, I don't know what they expect to get out Lebron or any other player with that sort of question :lol

"Now that you guys mention it, I do think firing coach would do us some good. He sucks."
I mean. It's not really a ringing endorsement.

But who knows. Media gonna media.

I was watching a movie and ended up being 20 minutes late for the rockets game expecting it to be well into the first quarter, but then I saw the game hadnt started yet and that they were wheeling in a new basktball goal since the rim was bent. Now there's some sort of water leak and theyre inspecting stuff.

Messi

I was watching a movie and ended up being 20 minutes late for the rockets game expecting it to be well into the first quarter, but then I saw the game hadnt started yet and that they were wheeling in a new basktball goal since the rim was bent. Now there's some sort of water leak and theyre inspecting stuff.

The water leak was footage from last season in Washington.

Utter incompetence by the rockets. Sloppy play, waaay too many turnovers, and doing dumb stuff like stepping out of bounds when it counts.

What a sucky home stand. Other than the win against Cleveland it was an utter failure. Mediocre clearly describes this Heat team. Chalmers can go fuck himself hard btw

What a sucky home stand. Other than the win against Cleveland it was an utter failure. Mediocre clearly describes this Heat team. Chalmers can go fuck himself hard btw

Don't worry, Lebron will come back to South Beach when Love goes to the Lakers this offseason after the Cavs lose in the 1st round.

Top Bottom