• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Jon

Sixers loss sent Cavs into full Derp Mode. Two firsts for Mosgov is insanity. If things don't go right in Cleveland, the franchise will be set back another 10 years by the time this is all said and done (presuming they follow in history's footsteps.)

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Sixers loss sent Cavs into full Derp Mode. Two firsts for Mosgov is insanity. If things don't go right in Cleveland, the franchise will be set back another 10 years by the time this is all said and done (presuming they follow in history's footsteps.)

They traded an okc first a heavily protected Memphis first

Apath

Cavs traded Dion and a Memphis pick for Shumpert, Smith, and Mozgov. Honestly this sounds like a great move for them; they get their rim protector and they fill out their bench better.

Fjordson

Cavs traded Dion and a Memphis pick for Shumpert, Smith, and Mozgov. Honestly this sounds like a great move for them; they get their rim protector and they fill out their bench better.
Yeah when it's laid out like that that''s not bad.

Like I said, Cavs are trying to win instantly. Mozgov isn't great, but he's decent and fills a gap.

Yeah, these last two moves have been really good for them. They got rid of Dion who was a problem child and picked up a rim protector, wing defender, and more reliable bench scorer. Things could easily fall apart this off-season, but for now they're in much better shape.

Furyous

Those were two late first-round draft picks. Late first-round draft picks are glorified second round draft picks aka bench players aka FOH hating on this trade.

I want Dalembert on a discount next. We could've scooped up Tarik Black but oh well you can't get them all.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Start James Young!

They really should though. At least work him in smart in for more than they have, I mean god damn they're clearly is talent there, Smart is already our best defensive player, and Youngs stroke is gorgeous. Don't burn em out and kill their confidence, but what's the use of rolling out turner, bass, and green anymore?

They really should though. At least work him in smart in for more than they have, I mean god damn they're clearly is talent there, Smart is already our best defensive player, and Youngs stroke is gorgeous. Don't burn em out and kill their confidence, but what's the use of rolling out turner, bass, and green anymore?

I have no clue what the C's plans with Turner are but I assume they're going to keep on playing Bass and Green until they can build their value enough for a decent trade.

Tom Penny

Start James Young!

It's hilarious. Some people say no because he doesn't know how to play D yet when the C'z are basically the worst defensive team I've watched other than the Lakers this year.

On a side note I'm not sure I'm going to get over that garbage ass signing of Avery Bradley. Overpay an undersized guard that can't create his own shot, rebound, pass, finish at the rim and who's favorite shot is 1 ft in from the 3 point line SMH. Maybe they are banking on Smart / Bradley but Smart is not really a PG.

Cavs still suck. They exchanged one headcase for bigger one who can't shoot like he used to and added a backup center. Only Chandler is a real upgrade. They are so desperate that they gave up all cap flexibility for the forseeable future. This is their team going forward. No money to add more pieces. Bulls will steamroll them in the playoffs.

Does Lebron leave if the Cavs stay mediocre all season? Or is he in it for the long haul?

I think he has to. It will destroy his reputation and become the main point of his legacy if he leaves town again. He was dumb for buying into the "i'm going home" dream and ignore the fact that Dan Gilbert is a dumbass. That said, maybe he knew this would happen to some extent. Maybe he knew he was entering the twilight of his career and went to the place where expectations would be lowest. All he has to do is win one championship. One title in Cleve will do as much for his legacy as 3 or 4 more anywhere else.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I have no clue what the C's plans with Turner are but I assume they're going to keep on playing Bass and Green until they can build their value enough for a decent trade.

At this point bass is what he is and everybody in the league knows that... and playing jeff too much right now is hurting his value. His stats have suffered since the Rondo trade. Hopefully the rumors of the clips grabbing him are true, I don't care what we get just get rid of them. I actually like bass too, just useless for this team and their future, he only hurts KOs development and nets us unnecessary wins ;). They should go for a top 5 pick, and trade out for next years.

Does Lebron leave if the Cavs stay mediocre all season? Or is he in it for the long haul?

He can't leave. Can you imagine Cavs fan going through this a second time? They already burned his jersey the first time. They would kill him if he jumps ship and leaves them with the mediocre team he created.

Fjordson

I think he has to. It will destroy his reputation and become the main point of his legacy if he leaves town again. He was dumb for buying into the "i'm going home" dream and ignore the fact that Dan Gilbert is a dumbass. That said, maybe he knew this would happen to some extent. Maybe he knew he was entering the twilight of his career and went to the place where expectations would be lowest. All he has to do is win one championship. One title in Cleve will do as much for his legacy as 3 or 4 more anywhere else.
Yeah, will be really interesting to see what happens in the off season.

I think he'll stay. The media hyped up the Cavs big time once they got Love, but the pieces there just don't fit together quite right. I bet Lebron knew this could happen deep down all along.

Tom Penny

Lebron went there to mentor Kyrie and Waiters. He will now aspire to mentor J.R Smith.

He can't leave. Can you imagine Cavs fan going through this a second time? They already burned his jersey the first time. They would kill him if he jumps ship and leaves them with the mediocre team he created.

I feel like this is a good reason for him to leave, it'd be the ultimate Cleveland sports moment.

Cavs better hope Mozgov fits and helps bridge the gap with Blatt since he's played with him before.

It's a lot of assets to give up, but, he's young, and now on a contender and will be better just by playing with LeBron.

Hope it works out.

Cavs better hope Mozgov fits and helps bridge the gap with Blatt since he's played with him before.

It's a lot of assets to give up, but, he's young, and now on a contender and will be better just by playing with LeBron.

Hope it works out.

28 is not young.

He is 7'1 tall and averages 1.2 blocks per game...what a great rim protector.

He's been a back up for a reason though. Giving up two 1sts for him is dumb as hell.

I honestly agree it's a lot to give up, it's why it's a big risk. Could have waited til the trade deadline to find another desperate team looking for cap space or whatever.

Still, new scenery, a coach he's familiar with and playing with much better talent could be enough to get him some decent numbers.

Apath

No, but Love leaving is a real possibility. That's why it's so important the Cavs do something now to turn things around. Even if they don't have a deep playoff run, LeBron + Kyrie returning to this more fleshed out roster will do wonders for the Cavs' confidence for the season.

Gigglepoo

Going to my first (only?) game tonight: my annual trek to Oracle to see the Pacers play the Warriors. My prediction? Pacers hang with them until deep into the fourth quarter. I really don't want to watch a blowout.

No, but Love leaving is a real possibility.

That could be a blessing in disguise, especially if they can get a piece or two in a sign and trade.

Going to my first (only?) game tonight: my annual trek to Oracle to see the Pacers play the Warriors. My prediction? Pacers hang with them until deep into the fourth quarter. I really don't want to watch a blowout.

That could be a blessing in disguise, especially if they can get a piece or two in a sign and trade.

Giving away two number 1 overall picks in a row and getting nothing back in return is never a blessing in disguise. Losing Love after one season would be catastrophic considering what they gave up for him.

Gigglepoo

Giving away two number 1 overall picks in a row and getting nothing back in return is never a blessing in disguise. Losing Love after one season would be catastrophic considering what they gave up for him.

Sunk cost. They made a mistake trading for him, they shouldn't compound that problem by maxing him out.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the last CBA got rid of any advantages players and teams used to get from signing and trading players.

Sunk cost. They made a mistake trading for him, they shouldn't compound that problem by maxing him out.

They'd be better off maxing him out and then eventually trading him than they would be if they just let him walk.

a sunk cost is hard to swallow just one year in, when you are trying to convince your fanbase and most importantly LeBron that you are not an inept franchise run by monkeys. It's also far too small of a sample size to simply write off Love completely. The narrative will be that Cleveland fucked up and couldn't properly figure out how to use him and hire right coaches, not that Love is a bad player.

Top Bottom