• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Gigglepoo

a sunk cost is hard to swallow just one year in, when you are trying to convince your fanbase and most importantly LeBron that you are not an inept franchise run by monkeys. It's also far too small of a sample size to simply write off Love completely. The narrative will be that Cleveland fucked up and couldn't properly figure out how to use him and hire right coaches, not that Love is a bad player.

You're obviously right, I just have no idea what the solution is. It was a bad trade that never made sense for this team but unless they can get back legit pieces, everyone is going to skewer their decision. Really lousy situation.

And I don't see Love turning it around. He's not a "little things" player, and that's what they need from him. Who knows, though. Stranger things have happened.

You're obviously right, I just have no idea what the solution is. It was a bad trade that never made sense for this team but unless they can get back legit pieces, everyone is going to skewer their decision. Really lousy situation.

And I don't see Love turning it around. He's not a "little things" player, and that's what they need from him. Who knows, though. Stranger things have happened.

I think they have to try and extend Love and try and figure it out. Bring in a new coach and system and try to figure it out. Love is still a talented albeit flawed player and if he leaves it's unlikely they will be able to get anything in return, or in his place, as good. Not ideal, probably not what they envisioned.

Gigglepoo

I think they have to try and extend Love and try and figure it out. Bring in a new coach and system and try to figure it out. Love is still a talented albeit flawed player and if he leaves it's unlikely they will be able to get anything in return, or in his place, as good. Not ideal, probably not what they envisioned.

I wonder if Bosh is available...

It's not like Lebron can blame management, he's the GM. Gilbert also has no issue spending.

Why are people acting like this wasn't going to be a multi-year building project, though? We'll be around in May, at least getting to the conference semifinals. But we'll need an upgrade at center and backup point guard. As I've said many times, when someone like Dellavabooboo is getting 20 minutes a game, there's something fundamentally wrong with the roster. And while Marion tries hard, his shooting % has to be awful. He misses so many chip shots it hurts. We'll be a problem next year...and a tough out even this year. But we'll need help and however much time it requires for players to figure out how to share the ball effectively.

Gigglepoo

Why are people acting like this wasn't going to be a multi-year building project, though?

The problem lies in Kevin Love. He isn't working out and that could derail their entire plan. If he leaves (which is a very real possibility) it's going to be that much harder for the Cavs to contend. That's the risk of trading for a free agent: that multi-year plan is reduced to one season.

Fatalah

MOOOSSGOVVV!

jzktdjV.jpg

When the Knicks gave Mozgov up for Melo, that's when the deal became too costly.

I miss my Mosgov Monster.

Pimpwerx

Is Mozgov that good? Man, he's not like some dominant rim protector or anything, and the weak link in the Cavs defense is still going to be the guards. That's if Iman isn't 100% when he returns. I'll still peg the team's problems as defense, but we'll see. I also think it's worth noting that he played on a team that is top5 in pace the last two seasons and bottom10 in DRTG. That's a warning sign of stat inflation. In addition to that, his rebounding numbers went up this year, but that's not impressive considering his minutes went up ~25% while his team's fg% went from 15th to 25th this year. More minutes and more rebounding opportunities, but not a proportional increase in rebounds. Red flags on this dude.

I said something similar about Kevin Love before he was traded. You have to be wary of the kind of guys who fill up numbers on uptempo teams. I don't think he was worth 2 first rounders, and I really don't see this making s great difference to that team other than rebounding. I think the Shump trade was much more useful for them. They need a big to keep Love from sucking ass at the 5, but Mozgov isn't going to be a difference maker on defense. Not if the perimeter defense remains porous. Mozgov ain't scaring nobody from the paint. PEACE.

Soonri

Greg Monroe is killing us.

And Rose has been terrible but is getting less heat than Josh Smith is.
Frankly, the Mavs should have expected to lose on the glass tonight - Monroe and Drummond are rebounding monsters. What I didn't expect was that they would turnover it over a TON more than usual and shoot like ass from 3... Someone tell Rondo that the Mavs take first place in the division if they win so he stops trying to make highlight assists.

I don't know why the Bulls like losing to shit teams at home. Pacers, Celtics, Nets, and now the Jazz have it done it to them this year. Dreadful.

Soonri

Mavs are at the end of a 3 games in 4 nights stint so it's not exactly like they're well rested either.

No excuse for the Mavs, they just played awful tonight. In the end they're still 4th in the West, but this makes Saturday's game against the Clips even more important than it already was.

"Story going online now: ESPN sources say Grizzlies, looking to bolster wing rotation, are pursuing trade for either Luol Deng or Jeff Green" - @ESPNSteinLine

Start James Young!

AcridMeat

Banned
So is Josh Smith officially the biggest NBA cancer of all time?

If the Pistons keep this up and make the playoffs (shouldn't be hard in the east) SVG deserves executive of the year solely for having the balls to cut his sorry ass.

Apath

Greg Monroe is killing us.

And Rose has been terrible but is getting less heat than Josh Smith is.
Every time Rose is in I cringe. The dude misses easy shots and makes some horrible fucking turn overs.

Still hoping it's rust, but after waiting two years for this dude I'm finding myself very impatient.

Top Bottom