• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

zroid

Banned
Just send the Hawks directly to the championship series. Other teams in the East can take the rest of the year off.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That Blatt quote is amazing. What did JR say?

JR Smith being an idiot. Whoda thunk it?

ZMOOaez.png

dream

For legacy reasons, I'm not sure if All Star Kevin Love can afford to leave the Cavs. Despite all empirical evidence to the contrary, he still somehow manages to convince people that he's a great player who's being held back by unfortunate circumstances. Failing to make a third team better, which he undoubtedly will because he's a selfish, stat padding ballhog, would destroy whatever's left of the All Star Kevin Love is a Max Player myth.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
For legacy reasons, I'm not sure if All Star Kevin Love can afford to leave the Cavs. Despite all empirical evidence to the contrary, he still somehow manages to convince people that he's a great player who's being held back by unfortunate circumstances. Failing to make a third team better, which he undoubtedly will because he's a selfish, stat padding ballhog, would destroy whatever's left of the All Star Kevin Love is a Max Player myth.

I thought the Blatt quote was him saying that Love isn't playing like a max player. Which he isn't. Love watching this Cavs team just crash and burn.

dream

I think that's because All Star Kevin Love is ultimately a cancer who destroys team chemistry. David Kahn knew it, Flip Saunders knew it, and now Coach Blatt knows it.

dream

You just made me realize that All Star Kevin Love is a perfect fit for New York. He's the natural successor to Francis, Zbo, and Marbury.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
i've always held the impression that K. Love has an understated attitude problem.

this was made apparent to my during the olympic run.

I was thinking this was a problem back when he was calling out the talent level around him on a regular basis.

As usual the media picks a quote out of context and the NBA fans fall for it, hook, like and sinker.

Q: "People look at this team and say 'Lebron is out' but Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, I mean they're two max players... they're here..."

Blatt: "Kevin's not a max player yet, is he? What? I mean, what does that mean?"

Q: "...Well it means that they're some of the top players in the league. So I mean, is there too much talent on this team to have nights like this?"

Blatt: "No. No. It could happen to any team. It could happen to any team in the NBA and we've seen it happen. Atlanta's the best team right now on paper in the East, and you saw us beat them by 40 points. So it could happen to any team, certainly."

Fjordson

As usual the media picks a quote out of context and the NBA fans fall for it, hook, like and sinker.

Q: "People look at this team and say 'Lebron is out' but Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, I mean they're two max players... they're here..."

Blatt: "Kevin's not a max player yet, is he? What? I mean, what does that mean?"

Q: "...Well it means that they're some of the top players in the league. So I mean, is there too much talent on this team to have nights like this?"

Blatt: "No. No. It could happen to any team. It could happen to any team in the NBA and we've seen it happen. Atlanta's the best team right now on paper in the East, and you saw us beat them by 40 points. So it could happen to any team, certainly."
Ah damn. That initial report made it look way way worse :lol

Pimpwerx

The interpretation of the quote is still correct. The second quote doesn't really add additional context to the Love max thing. In the end, it's not a bit deal, but it's funny seeing the Cavs struggle with only half the media scrutiny the Heat had. They've been treated with kid gloves, and they're already shook. PEACE.

I would appreciate it if the Cavs continue this trend and become more and more awful until at least the end of next season when the C's have their first round pick.

The interpretation of the quote is still correct. The second quote doesn't really add additional context to the Love max thing. In the end, it's not a bit deal, but it's funny seeing the Cavs struggle with only half the media scrutiny the Heat had. They've been treated with kid gloves, and they're already shook. PEACE.
How is the first interpretation correct? People thought that quote was questioning Kevin's value as a player.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Going to the game tonight! Anybody else there? Really hoping to see lots of marcus and hopefully some James Young.

Soonri

I think that's because All Star Kevin Love is ultimately a cancer who destroys team chemistry. David Kahn knew it, Flip Saunders knew it, and now Coach Blatt knows it.
The same David Kahn who offered him a 4 year deal instead of a 5 and gave it to him in the training room?
I'm not sold on Kevin Love being a "selfish ballhog" as you put it - I don't think he's being used as well as he could and it's still his first year in a completely new system. They also just traded for more pieces so I'm not surprised at the collective team struggles either (although getting bullied around by the KAAAAAAAAAANGS is a bad loss). I do want to see if LeBron will play defense at close to his peak level when he comes back though... maybe that inspires Kyrie?

gonna be crying about how good a kyrie/wiggins duo would have been for the next decade

your front office learned nothing from letting Lebron run the show the first time. He doesn't bring good talent to Cleveland, he brings mediocre talent and good friends. Then, when you give away your future again to placate him, he'll leave again because he's surrounded by a turd army he assembled.

Come join the whiteside, where promise and potential will fill you in a more meaningful way.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Gonna take a lot less time than that for people to realize that Kyrie is Stevie Franchise Jr. and he takes his special brand of fuckball to like 5 different teams before his career ends.

I agree that his career won't be anything special, he's injury prone, and he's a bit of a diva. Just don't see it happening.

Fjordson

Yeah they were certainly amped to do something, especially KG, but there's too many big people on a basketball court to separate for an actual fight to break out I think. Unless we're talking some crazy free for all like the infamous Pacers / Pistons brawl.

Jonm1010

Banned
KG showing once again(with Howard) why I just can't respect him. Not because he likes to get physical with other players, but because he only gets physical with weak guys.

Top Bottom