• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

AnAnole

I have no idea why the Cavs kept trying to set a screen for LeBron when Kobe was guarding LeBron since LeBron can just blow by Kobe whenever he wants like he did just there.

Highlight of the night was Reggie explaining who Jack Nicholson is.

also parroting a van gundy line that we only need to call him jack, what happened to basketball commentary? it use to be that the commentators taught you about the game, now they just jerk off superstars and talk about the past of lesser known players

zychi

Banned
What about all star LeBron James? He's been pretty awful this year.

No HGH means his body breaks down like the rest of us. I firmly believe that half the reason he left Miami was to space himself away from the place ARod got busted. The rumor was that Bron had been there before.

Also to fix his "reputation" in Cle. Notice how the narrative is that the front office is terrible and Blatt should be fired? Easy way for Bron to opt out.

And he's 6th all time in made shots (will pass Shaq in the next game). Your stat is incredibly dumb
You tried to prove that Kobe is a passer by saying he leads the team in assists a lot

Please don't tell me what stats are dumb

I mean you actually think Kobe is going to play a Jason kidd role ROFL

overcast

OKC will make the playoffs this year True or False.

I say false
Shit it's gonna be real close. OKC just doesn't look that good. They need to be better at this point in the season. Suns have improved since the beginning of the year. Still early to call and I feel like they'll have a good few weeks after the all star break. True.
I mean, Prestia wants to trade for a guy that makes more than Harden does on his current contract anyway. Might as well have just kept Harden, he's a top 10-15 player in the league. Ironic.
Harden is easily a top 5 player in the league atm. At the least top 10. 10-15 is basically a slap in the face.

Shit it's gonna be real close. OKC just doesn't look that good. They need to be better at this point in the season. Suns have improved since the beginning of the year. Still early to call and I feel like they'll have a good few weeks after the all star break. True.

Harden is easily a top 5 player in the league atm. At the least top 10. 10-15 is basically a slap in the face.

Harden deserves to be the starting guard on the West All-Star team.

Of course, the nod will probably go to Kobe or some other has been.

overcast

Splash bros should start for the west. It is known.
I like Klay, but Harden is probably 2nd place MVP right now. You gotta stan for your team though, I understand Fjord.

Instead of both we'll get Kobe starting though.
pO17fKK.gif

Fjordson

I like Klay, but Harden is probably 2nd place MVP right now. You gotta stan for your team though, I understand Fjord.

Instead of both we'll get Kobe starting though.
pO17fKK.gif
Lmao. Yeah it would be neat, but forreal objectively it should be Harden. Maybe Kobe will be shut down for the year before the all-star break and he'll get the nod.

Apparently, the Nets didn't want Stephenson.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1h1 hour ago
Nets unwillingness on Lance Stephenson has Brooklyn focused on dealing directly with Thunder for Brook Lopez, league sources tell Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 10m10 minutes ago
Oklahoma City, Brooklyn progressing on a Brook Lopez package that includes Jeremy Lamb and Kendrick Perkins, league sources tell Yahoo.

Shit, i would've given something of value to see how a locker room with KG and Lance would've been. I just imagine fist-sized holes in the walls and plenty of chair tossings.

Fjordson

Hmm. Bogut and Iguodala sitting tonight against OKC. I would have liked to go after the season sweep at full strength, but we need those guys healthy down the line so whatever.

Well, I guess hopefully they'll find somewhere else to trade him (though I doubt it'll be easy to find other team willing to take up on his contract)

The Rockets were reportedly interested in him although it's hard to see a trade working given the need to match up contracts.

RBK

Banned
In what way outside we just disagree? Could very well be a 1st round knockout depending the matchup, but you can make an argument for all the playoff teams out West.

Don't think he should even be considered a MVP candidate with how deep that team is as well. Much rather see the Brow wins if it comes down to it.

Fjordson

I mean the MVP is a regular season award. Even if the Warriors were to get swept in the first round and lose every game by 40+ points it wouldn't have any bearing on his candidacy for MVP.

I'm not saying he's the only one who deserves it. Other players, like Harden and Davis, have a great case as well. But voters tend to put a lot of weight into the team records of each candidate.

Top Bottom