• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Granted GS isn't at full strength, this is potentially still a big win for the Thunder.

They have 2 of the best 5 players in the league and talent around them. I guarantee they would wreck GS in a series

No this was a meaningless game. Series has already been won by GS so we have advantage in any seeding. Maybe the Thunder got hyped from that win, but the dubs looked pretty lazy on D. As you said everyone's record is reset once playoffs start. And btw...that game this season where Durant scored 30 at the half and went down with injury? W's were up at halftime despite his hot shooting. Not only that, but they fought back from a 20 point deficit early on.
Thunder may get hot by June and put it together but based on what they've put out thus far...GS with homecourt would take OKC in 5, 6 max..

dream

Believing that OKC is a good team is only a marginal step above believing All Star Kevin Love is a good player.

Pimpwerx

There was no defense played in that game, unless you count lots of gambling in the passing lanes as defense. In a straight shootout, OKC probably carries more firepower. GSW needed to try playing defense if they wanted to win. PEACE.

Cloudy

Banned
No this was a meaningless game. Series has already been won by GS so we have advantage in any seeding.

Wut? Barring innuries on other teams, OKC will be the 7th seed at best if they even make the playoffs. GS will regret this loss if the Thunder sneak in to face them

RBK

Banned
Believing that OKC is a good team is only a marginal step above believing All Star Kevin Love is a good player.

Same could be said about the Warriors.

They are the best team by record, so they get the benefit of the doubt.

dream

Same could be said about the Warriors.

They are the best team by record, so they get the benefit of the doubt.

I think there's a good chance that GSW is very fools gold-sy, and will wilt under pressure. But we know for a fact that OKC chokes, just as we know that Memphis will always assfuck the Clips in the playoffs.

Anyway, the real point here is that All Star Kevin Love sucks.

Wut? Barring innuries on other teams, OKC will be the 7th seed at best if they even make the playoffs. GS will regret this loss if the Thunder sneak in to face them

Chances are that 1 game won't matter (the losses I'd say the dubs would regret are against the Lakers and Suns) ....If they were meant to face them they were meant to face them. Dubs match up just fine against OKC (played them close last year with Jackson iso ball..)..It's not as favorable as other lower tier teams like the Suns, Dallas or the Clippers.. But certainly not a Dallas-Dubs 2007 matchup ( Dubs had Dallas' number during the regular season- you could see that matchup being an issue by the way Dirk was countered- you don't see that kind of issue in this case).

Meaningless loss maybe, OKC needs every win they can get.

The bold is just laughable.

Based on how OKC has played thus far...it's valid. However, the season's long and OKC certainly can get hot...

31-6 and the W's still ain't shit apparently. Hard out here in the NBA man.

Whatever...I'm cool if the W's shut it down until after the all star break...They just need to start peaking in April and May. All I care right now is that the team stays rested and healthy...

Fjordson

Whatever...I'm cool if the W's shut it down until after the all star break...They just need to start peaking in April and May. All I care right now is that the team stays rested and healthy...
Agreed. I liked Bogut resting tonight. Wonder if anyone will rest tomorrow.

Cloudy

Banned
Chances are that 1 game won't matter (the losses I'd say the dubs would regret are against the Lakers and Suns) ....If they were meant to face them they were meant to face them. Dubs match up just fine against OKC (played them close last year with Jackson iso ball..)..It's not as favorable as other lower tier teams like the Suns, Dallas or the Clippers.. But certainly not a Dallas-Dubs 2007 matchup ( Dubs had Dallas' number during the regular season- you could see that matchup being an issue by the way Dirk was countered- you don't see that kind of issue in this case).

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't want to see OKC in rd 1. No matter what my record was...

Cloudy

Banned
CBS Sports analyst Greg Anthony has been arrested in a prostitution sting, according to a reporter with WJLA-TV in Washington, D.C.

Kind of NBA related. Poor guy will probably get canned from CBS

Fjordson

Can you at least give me a decent argument to why you disagree except we don't see eye to eye?
?? The Warriors have the best record in the NBA coming up on the halfway mark. The best scoring offense, the most efficient defense, the highest point differential...I'm not sure what else they have to do to be considered a good team :lol

The Rockets are great and could beat Golden State. Really every Western conference playoff team is legit and could beat basically anyone. Just think the Warriors deserve some credit for what they've done so far. That's all.

Soonri

Westbrook doing the Marshawn Lynch bit for interviews.

B7hoh6LCIAEzpBQ.png:large

Top Bottom