• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Soonri

He's on the Cavs, so probably not.

He joined the Cavs so he could basically play 10-15 minutes of perimeter D off the bench and hit floaters. Unfortunately he's already been extended past that for a lot of games and his decline has just continued after losing a step defensively last year. I still want him on the Mavs :(

Ehh, he gets a bad rep for no reason even though we did choke to Portland last season.

Not like Steve Kerr is Popovich Jr. and a massive improvement over Jackson.

Kerr might not be Popovich Jr. but he's been a massive improvement over Jackson

Hire the best assistant coaches in the league, Ron Adams and Alvin Gentry
-Jackson was intimidated by his assistants (Banished Assistant Coach Scalabrine)

Created a pass friendly offense stressing ball movement
-Jackson played iso ball resulting in a lot of offensive stagnation (we were a middle of the road offensive team despite having talented offensive players up and down the roster)

Moved Draymond to the starting lineup
-Jackson played Lee and Bogut together despite it not making sense

Recognized Bogut as an initiator which free up Klay and Steph to score easier
-Bogut was relegated to low post/pick and roll cutter/ not effective offensively

Recognized Barnes' role on the team/develop him into an off the ball player
-Jackson benched Barnes and made him play iso ball to little success

Mixes and matches lineups based on matchups
-Jackson stuck with Lee for better or worse

Even defensively, Warriors' defensive scheme was created by Mike Malone. Not to say Jackson didn't accomplish anything (instilled confidence and motivated our star players like no other) but Kerr thus far has been a tremendous upgrade.

Finally a quality win for the Cavs.

Something to build on going back home and with getting Shump back,can definitely build something better.

Kyrie: "We wanted to come out with defensive intensity, defensive mindset."

Clippers: 121 points

defense too hard right now man. I keep saying it, but when a guy like Dellavabooboo gets 20-25 minutes *every game*, you're going to have chronic defensive issues.

When we get Shumpert in the lineup, there will be very real changes in our points allowed/game. We'll be longer, taller and more effective as a defensive unit.

defense too hard right now man. I keep saying it, but when a guy like Dellavabooboo gets 20-25 minutes *every game*, you're going to have chronic defensive issues.

When we get Shumpert in the lineup, there will be very real changes in our points allowed/game. We'll be longer, taller and more effective as a defensive unit.

Shump can't get back soon enough

lol Blatt with an "I told you so" sort of press comment.

Also, damn, 76ers win again!

All valid points. Gentry definitely deserves a ton of praise as well.

On Kevin Love, what's Cleveland going to do once he leave this offseason? Can't be too happy not being on the floor in the closing minutes.

Gentry was my first choice for head coach shortly after Jackson was fired (I got shitted on for not wanting Stan Van Gundy). Was ecstatic when we got both Kerr and him...

maladroid

My my, Dubs fans have gotten such large heads since the start of the season. Got beat down by the Spurs. Got beat down by the Grizz. Go up against a finally healthy Thunder team, and get beat down by them, too. How quick they are to say they already claimed the series (despite it being against Durant and Westbrook-less sides), and how quick they are to reference their own omissions when they lose. I really, really hope OKC manages to get the 8th seed. It'll be fun to see how close this 'Dubs in 5' nonsense comes to fruition.

Fjordson

My my, Dubs fans have gotten such large heads since the start of the season. Got beat down by the Spurs. Got beat down by the Grizz. Go up against a finally healthy Thunder team, and get beat down by them, too. How quick they are to say they already claimed the series (despite it being against Durant and Westbrook-less sides), and how quick they are to reference their own omissions when they lose. I really, really hope OKC manages to get the 8th seed. It'll be fun to see how close this 'Dubs in 5' nonsense comes to fruition.
Oh come on, both Durant and Westbrook played last game and did nothing. Got blown out. Durant had the single best half of his entire career the game before that and OKC was still losing at halftime.

Always seems like there's a bizarre desperation to discredit good teams on GAF (seen it in other sports threads over the years). I don't get it.

Edit: and I'm not guaranteeing the Warriors would win in 5 or even win a series, the West is tougher than maybe it's ever been. Simply questioning the idea that the Warriors aren't a good team and would be easy to play in the playoffs.

maladroid

Basically of all of this is nonsense, but I'll take the easy one: both Durant and Westbrook played last game and did nothing. Got blown out. Durant had the single best half of his entire career the game before that and OKC was still losing at halftime.

Always seems like there's a bizarre desperation to discredit good teams on GAF (seen it in other sports threads over the years). I don't get it.

Edit: and I'm not guaranteeing the Warriors would win in 5 or even win a series, the West is tougher than maybe it's ever been. Simply questioning the idea that the Warriors aren't a good team and would be easy to play in the playoffs.
How is this nonsense? Have you heard the crap spewing out of the mouths of your fellow fans? Did you lose to the Spurs or Grizz, or did you not? Durant got injured in that game and missed an entire half. You were leading by only 2 at the half, and yet you act like you had already blown them out, even with Durant's performance. And that's the only one you can refute?

Look, Fjord, I actually think you're one of the reasonable ones, but do you know why people 'discredit' good teams? There are others in here who make this place insufferable. "Oh, we were just resting our players" "Oh, we had already won the series" "This game didn't really mean anything." The pomp and the arrogance is nauseating, and the rest of us in here just balance it out.

I like the way the Dubs play. I spent a good half hour on a lazy Saturday afternoon convincing my friend to see them play when she's in New York. I just don't like the way they're talked about. The Dubs are the best team in the NBA at the moment, and even last season showed they weren't a pushover in the playoffs (even without Bogut), but there's a big difference between saying "I think we've finally got a good chance of making it far this year" and "We'd undoubtedly beat the Thunder in 5 or 6 games max".

Maladroid.... Durant played the whole game last time Warriors and Thunder met and the final score was Ws 117 and OKC 91, so obviously you havnt been paying a lot of attention. That game was also warriors without Bogut .

Soonri

Only a couple of people hating on the Dubs in here. LOL!

Ws are the legit No.1 seed and they have gotten worlds better from last year, especially on offense.
Only 3 matchups should scare them:
- Memphis (Z-Bo can and will try to push around Draymond Green which could tire him out on 3s)
- Spurs (they have the personnel to matchup with everything the Dubs can do)
- OKC (KD and Westbrook and Ibaka's 3 point shot although Scott Brooks could scuttle this)

In summary, Golden State fans should be cheering on the Suns every day.

xHiryu

Warriors are the best team in the league, and its crazy how good they've become since last season, with all that offensive firepower. I was surprised they weren't top 10 in offense last season. Their chemistry is insane, they seem to have so much fun when playing that its infectious and everyone seems benefits from that. I cant see them making it past the second round though, they don't have much playoff experience and Bogut is far too unreliable, although he is their defensive anchor. But that's just my opinion.

On another note, good game from the Bulls last night, Rose with 29 points and 10 assists, hes looking more and more comfortable out there. Its nice to see him coming back to form. Pau and Jimmy had very solid games, as of now Pau and Jimmy are definitely the backbone of the team, well until Rose comes into form and Jo is fully healthy. Moore on the other hand is surprising and looks like a promising 3 and D player. He and Snell should get more playing time in order to build their confidence for the playoffs. Its nice to have a good win since these past few losses have gotten me super salty. Although the Bulls haven't been fully healthy, I still pick them to come out the east, but at this point the Wizards are definitely our rivals. I hope we get matched with them in the playoffs and avoid the Hawks.

A Bulls - Grizzlies or a Bulls - Blazers finals would be dope as fuck.

I'm a Spurs fan, but I have nothing but respect in the world for the Dubs. There are a low of Western teams I don't like, they aren't one. That whole crew is legit. Kerr has done a heck of a job turning them around.

How is this nonsense? Have you heard the crap spewing out of the mouths of your fellow fans? Did you lose to the Spurs or Grizz, or did you not? Durant got injured in that game and missed an entire half. You were leading by only 2 at the half, and yet you act like you had already blown them out, even with Durant's performance. And that's the only one you can refute?

Look, Fjord, I actually think you're one of the reasonable ones, but do you know why people 'discredit' good teams? There are others in here who make this place insufferable. "Oh, we were just resting our players" "Oh, we had already won the series" "This game didn't really mean anything." The pomp and the arrogance is nauseating, and the rest of us in here just balance it out.

I like the way the Dubs play. I spent a good half hour on a lazy Saturday afternoon convincing my friend to see them play when she's in New York. I just don't like the way they're talked about. The Dubs are the best team in the NBA at the moment, and even last season showed they weren't a pushover in the playoffs (even without Bogut), but there's a big difference between saying "I think we've finally got a good chance of making it far this year" and "We'd undoubtedly beat the Thunder in 5 or 6 games max".

Uh...since you're fixated on my quote

Thunder may get hot by June and put it together but based on what they've put out thus far...GS with homecourt would take OKC in 5, 6 max..

I'll bold it since you didn't see my qualifier nor the fact I was responding to a poster that said the Thunder would demolish the W's. Even last year, when the Thunder were better put together compared to now, the series was close with two of them decided by buzzer beaters. It wasn't a one sided series last year. This year the Thunder haven't played well period. There's a still a ton of basketball left to be played and it's not a given that the team will suddenly develop cohesion and get hot. So based on what the Thunder are right now + W's with homecourt advantage...dubs have the upper hand. Also since when was 5-6 games not semi close series?

I haven't claimed any championship guarantees other than the team as is right now has the ability to contend for one. I've also said in a previous post that Memphis and SA are unfavorable matchups that I really wouldn't want to see in the 1st round for the dubs (in fact the lack of wins against SA the past two seasons worries me a great deal). I also said that no first round matchup is favorable period. So I dunno where you're getting all this arrogance from. My optimism in the team doesn't automatically mean I'm proclaiming them NBA champs in January. There's still more than half a season to go and our best players have a history of injury. All I can say is that after 23 or so years of being a W's fan, these past few seasons are the first time since Run TMC that I'm super optimistic about our chances [2007 squad was broken up way too soon imo- not that they would've chipped but that's another story].

Cannot wait for tonight's game.

My (entirely unsubstantiated and incredibly optimistic) hope is Bulls-Rockets in the Finals just because it would be fun to watch.

-_- I know...

Soonri

Houston broadcast says Pat Beverly has a chip on his shoulder because he's not mentioned among the best PGs. WTF????? I have never heard ANYONE say this...

Top Bottom