• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

xHiryu

The amount of open 3s the Hawks have is downright frustrating. Getting outmuscled hard in the paint, literally Gibson is the only man in the paint trying for rebounds but its a 1 on 3 situation, we def need Noah back soon.

Houston broadcast says Pat Beverly has a chip on his shoulder because he's not mentioned among the best PGs. WTF????? I have never heard ANYONE say this...

He's generally mentioned as being the dirtiest point guard in the league this side of flop-copter Chris Paul...so he's got that going.

Dumb basketball by the Rockets in the closing minutes. Giving Smith the ball too much (they should just bench him every time he shoots a stupid shot, there seems to be no other way to stop him from draining shot attempts), turning over the ball, and not even being aware of how much time is left on the clock. Wtf beverley.

RBK

Banned
Dumb basketball by the Rockets in the closing minutes. Giving Smith the ball too much (they should just bench him every time he shoots a stupid shot, there seems to be no other way to stop him from draining shot attempts), turning over the ball, and not even being aware of how much time is left on the clock. Wtf beverley.

Just not finishing around the rim, wouldn't say bad shots.

Sloppy play so far, lucky it's even this close.

xHiryu

Korver is just ridiculous with that three ball, Hawks are so good. Were getting beasted and feasted on, active hands, rebounding, ball movement, open 3s, great shots, what a team. Seeing them play, I am sold on the Hawks as legit.

The rockets are so sloppy and inconsistent. So many turnovers. Its really jarring whenever they go up against a great team like the warriors as it really shows.

Soonri

I'm in favor of Klay Thompson, Splash Bro, All-Star. 25-4-2 and 5 blocks and the 3rd isn't even over...
Too bad his spot has been taken by childhood idol Kobe.

RBK

Banned
Well not going to be able to talk any shit after how bad the Rockets played today.

A win on ESPN won't mean much since we're going to lose the season series.

Well, gonna go take a shower and do something else now. Might drop in late he fourth quarter to see if anything miraculous happens. Rockets aint coming back from this though, the warriors would have to play some really bad basketball for that to happen and judging from how great they've played I'm pretty sure there wont be some dramatic turnaround.

No excuses here, as much as I wish there were. GS shut Harden down. Sloppy play everywhere. Disappointing that Houston is still so sloppy.

Edit: Harden still MVP though :p

RBH

w8UDQLJh.jpg

:)

Fjordson

Golden State has sold out 100 straight games and Stephen Curry is the second most popular player in the NBA. GS vs. Atlanta wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

Warriors in the finals would get awesome ratings. Got the second highest all star vote getter and a style of play that is highly entertaining .

Rockets are pretenders

Ehhh while it may not generate the most views right now I don't know if the "league office" is sweating as much as many may make it out

It would certainly help erase the "no parity" bullshit

And i think true basketball fans would be geeked

Fjordson

Well this was a pretty great bounce back game after the OKC loss. Props to Klay for putting in 27 while bottling up Harden and Curry for coming alive in the 3rd.

Atlanta metro is a bigger market. Still isn't the league pillars LA, NY, Boston ect... nor is it LeBron.

Fjord said it better than I...Atlanta metro is a bigger market than San Francisco/San Jose/Oakland? I find that hard to believe..

Golden State has sold out 100 straight games and Stephen Curry is the second most popular player in the NBA. GS vs. Atlanta wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

Soonri

Ehhh while it may not generate the most views right now I don't know if the "league office" is sweating as much as many may make it out

It would certainly help erase the "no parity" bullshit

And i think true basketball fans would be geeked

Basketball fans are already geeked about this season. I'd be okay with pretty much any Western Conference playoff team in the Finals this year. Same for any of the top 4 of the East as well.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Atlanta metro is a bigger market.

Nope, Bay Area is bigger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Statistical_Area

Top 20:

1 New York-Newark
2 Los Angeles-Long Beach
3 Chicago-Naperville
4 Washington-Baltimore-Arlington
5 San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland
6 Boston-Worcester-Providence