• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

tmdorsey

Nope, Bay Area is bigger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Statistical_Area

Top 20:

1 New York-Newark
2 Los Angeles-Long Beach
3 Chicago-Naperville
4 Washington-Baltimore-Arlington
5 San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland
6 Boston-Worcester-Providence
7 Dallas-Fort Worth
8 Philadelphia-Reading-Camden
9 Houston-The Woodlands
10 Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Port St. Lucie
11 Atlanta–Athens-Clarke County–Sandy Springs
12 Detroit-Warren-Ann Arbor
13 Seattle-Tacoma
14 Minneapolis-St. Paul
15 Cleveland-Akron-Canton
16 Denver-Aurora
17 Portland-Vancouver-Salem
18 Orlando-Deltona-Daytona Beach
19 St. Louis-St. Charles-Farmington
20 Pittsburgh-New Castle-Weirton

I know that the Atlanta market isn't bigger than the Bay Area market, but that census is a couple of years old. I just heard recently that Atlanta is #9.

San Phoenix, Portland, and maybe the Clippers...think every other potential playoff team(including OKC)can beat them in a series.

TBH I haven't paid attention to the Spurs this year ...but they're the one team that's hard to gauge until about March/April every year.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nope, Bay Area is bigger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Statistical_Area

Top 20:

1 New York-Newark
2 Los Angeles-Long Beach
3 Chicago-Naperville
4 Washington-Baltimore-Arlington
5 San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland
6 Boston-Worcester-Providence
7 Dallas-Fort Worth
8 Philadelphia-Reading-Camden
9 Houston-The Woodlands
10 Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Port St. Lucie
11 Atlanta–Athens-Clarke County–Sandy Springs
12 Detroit-Warren-Ann Arbor
13 Seattle-Tacoma
14 Minneapolis-St. Paul
15 Cleveland-Akron-Canton
16 Denver-Aurora
17 Portland-Vancouver-Salem
18 Orlando-Deltona-Daytona Beach
19 St. Louis-St. Charles-Farmington
20 Pittsburgh-New Castle-Weirton

I went by this

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

Obviously it depends on what is the 'Metro"

EDIT: LMFAO Holy shit that's taking liberties if Daytona is included in Orlando Metro.

zychi

Banned
heat fans had to deal with that dumb bullshit for years

Embrace the hate that being elite brings

You mean the same Heat fans who left the Finals early?
The same Heat fans who had to "Fan Up"

The same Heat fans that didn't sell out the opener this year because Bron was gone?

K.

You mean the same Heat fans who left the Finals early?
The same Heat fans who had to "Fan Up"

The same Heat fans that didn't sell out the opener this year because Bron was gone?

K.
And what's your point? You sound like just like every moron who dropped the same repeated joke because Of your obvious jealousy

Cloudy

Banned
Jeff Green will be starting soon. He is exactly what the Grizz needed. Athletic wing who can score and shoot that won't hurt you on defense while also helping on the boards

Tony Allen will go back to the 6th man role

Jeff Green will be starting soon. He is exactly what the Grizz needed. Athletic wing who can score and shoot that won't hurt you on defense while also helping on the boards

Tony Allen will go back to the 6th man role
I don't think they will go that direction though. They need some bench Wing depth and their starting lineup wants to get it in marc and zbo hands anyways even if tony allen is one of the worst spacing guards in the league

Cloudy

Banned
I don't think they will go that direction though. They need some bench Wing depth and their starting lineup wants to get it in marc and zbo hands anyways even if tony allen is one of the worst spacing guards in the league

I think they will. They were starting Prince over Allen for a reason lol

ps: Udrih is amazing

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 28m28 minutes ago
According to STATS, the 151 combined points by the Hornets and Pacers were the fewest in an NBA overtime game in the shot clock era.

Meanwhile, Golden State went for 131 in regulation by themselves.

Cloudy

Banned
As of now, Lakers are listing both Kobe Bryant (rest) & Ronnie Price (right elbow) as doubtful for Monday's game in Phoenix.

The Lakers blatant tanking is pretty insulting to fans IMO. Kobe sitting on B2Bs is one thing (still BS) but being unable to play after resting since Thursday is a slap in the face to anyone who bought tickets to that game. It's pretty shameful and Adam Silver has to step in here.

Before anyone brings up the Spurs precedent, no one cares if Duncan doesn't play cos no one goes to games just to watch him...

The Lakers blatant tanking is pretty insulting to fans IMO. Kobe sitting on B2Bs is one thing (still BS) but being unable to play after resting since Thursday is a slap in the face to anyone who bought tickets to that game. It's pretty shameful and Adam Silver has to step in here.

Before anyone brings up the Spurs precedent, no one cares if Duncan doesn't play cos no one goes to games just to watch him...
It's a game in Phoenix. the Lakers organization couldn't care less

Soonri

LMAO! If Adam Silver doesn't look towards the direction of Philly/Boston why should he look at the Lakers?

Lakers have the perfect stealth tank - play Kobe for some minutes for the fans, have Byron Scott continually do dumb rotations and have terrible offense and defensive schemes, and have a couple of decent players that might be able to get them another first rounder. Oh and put out the typical "We're the Lakers" PR. Lakers fans better be ready for another year of suckage and hopefully another lottery pick before they become decent.

zychi

Banned
And what's your point? You sound like just like every moron who dropped the same repeated joke because Of your obvious jealousy

Just that you think your "fans" didn't deserve the criticism. Yet they are the prime example of what not to do as a fanbase.

I hope the lakers do actually shutdown Kobe. I'd love to see Lin get more minutes. I don't think any team will sign him at this point or if they do... He won't get much play time

I want to say that he was put in unfavorable positions or just utilized wrong but TBH he peaked as a knick..as much as I'd like him to encore Linsanity, given the talent level of the PG position across the league and his limitations as a player... It just ain't happening...

I mean getting demoted twice for Beverley and now Price is telling

Soonri

I don't think Jeremy is good enough to start, but he can be a good backup. I'd certainly take him over JJ Barea (as well as JJ Barea as played). But I don't think him being demoted for Ronnie Price is an indication of his ability - this pretty much all but confirmed it to me. Like who, aside from Byron Scott, believes that Ronnie Price is better than Jeremy Lin?

Additionally, Lin very rarely has any spacing when he tries to run the pick and roll with the lineup he's in (which is what he's best at). Meanwhile Byron Scott runs this bizarre mix of Princeton and triangle - it's only because the team has pretty decent shot makers that they have a decent offensive ranking.

I don't think Jeremy is good enough to start, but he can be a good backup. I'd certainly take him over JJ Barea (as well as JJ Barea as played). But I don't think him being demoted for Ronnie Price is an indication of his ability - this pretty much all but confirmed it to me. Like who, aside from Byron Scott, believes that Ronnie Price is better than Jeremy Lin?

Additionally, Lin very rarely has any spacing when he tries to run the pick and roll with the lineup he's in (which is what he's best at). Meanwhile Byron Scott runs this bizarre mix of Princeton and triangle - it's only because the team has pretty decent shot makers that they have a decent offensive ranking.

Yeah I always thought it was weird how quickly Scott demoted Lin. I mean even during preseason, Price seemed like frontrunner for starting PG and I got the impression Byron Scott begrudgingly demoted him..

Soonri

Well Byron Scott is also a shitty coach so there's that.

No disagreements about that.

Like check out his comparisons:

B7feFhDIcAASkE8.jpg

Obviously Pop is an exception, but it's amazing how many more losing months Byron Scott has in comparison to Doc and Flip Saunders. When was the last time he coached a winning team?

That list splits off the South Bay/Silicon Valley and San Jose as separate, who are big enough to rank as 34th by themselves. They're a signficant portion of the sports demographic here and definitely should be included as part of the Bay Area metro area.

Dude, the list you posted combined markets that spanned across 4-5 different states. That's ridiculous

Metro stat > encompassing combined

zychi

Banned
B7q1SxICMAE_BZu.jpg

BUT I THOUGHT REAL FANS WOULD NEVER LEAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME EARLY

The fact that you have to post this shows how much it hurt you when people point out the shittiness of "Heat fans."

This isn't video of people walking out of the stadium, this isn't "fans" desperately trying to get back in and pounding on the door. Its like 8 people standing outside a window watching a tv.

The fact that you have to post this shows how much it hurt you when people point out the shittiness of "Heat fans."

This isn't video of people walking out of the stadium, this isn't "fans" desperately trying to get back in and pounding on the door. Its like 8 people standing outside a window watching a tv.

No it's more proof that you are a waste of space.

8 people lol

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
There's some ESPN Insider article up about how the Cavs should trade Kevin Love.

That's some funny shit. You won't get equal value.. especially when you take into account what you gave up to get him.

Nobody with a great PF is trading that PF for a rental of K-Love at this point.. nobody.

tmdorsey

A team fanbase that can't outdraw a Sacramento team that has been on its way out of the city forever or a Pacers team in a city that doesn't care about pro basketball doesn't deserve a trip to the finals.

Bad opinion is bad. Yeah just forget about the fans that do support the team or the fans that can't afford to the go to games. And let's also ignore the fact that Atlanta is probably the biggest transit city in the entire country.

Lubricus

Some afternoon games today. Pistons @ Hawks @ 2:30pm ET today on ESPN.
Bulls @ Cavaliers @ 7:30pm ET on TNT will be interesting.
Best game is the Warriors @Trailblazers @ 10PM ET (local TV).

If they want people to stop tanking they need to do something about the draft rules. In the meantime enjoy knowing our pick is likely not going to Phoenix for that bum Nash.

And honestly, even without Kobe we're still 10x more entertaining to watch tank than the Knicks.

Top Bottom