• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

I don't think there's any team in the league this year that just heads and shoulder above anyone. Rather a cluster of teams that can beat each other on any given night. Going to make an interesting playoffs.

The playoffs will be interesting, yeah. I do like seeing some fresh faces leading the standings. Especially in the East. Pacers have a throwaway season, hope the lottery ball popper is kind to us. :)

Noooo the Knicks won and ended the losing streak damn you Melo why. Fuck Pelicans you guys lost the Knicks no wonder they probably won't make playoffs.

The playoffs will be interesting, yeah. I do like seeing some fresh faces leading the standings. Especially in the East. Pacers have a throwaway season, hope the lottery ball popper is kind to us. :)

Right? Last few years it's been pretty much.. so who's going to play the Heat? And the "who" was most likely Spurs, Thunders, or Clippers.

J2 Cool

Bulls are losing me. Not liking how theyre coached, the minutes, the pecking order is in complete confusion. No idea how or when this works itself out.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Even with their record the one team I wouldn't want the Hawks to have to face in the playoffs is the Cavs with LeBron.

Playoffs are a diff deal, and that would be the one match where I'd be worried. Then again maybe DeMarre really is Kawhi from the finals defensively this year.

Raptors barely escaped with a win tonight against the Kidd Bucks.

Kyle couldnt find the basket. I hope he doesn't make the all star game so he gets some rest.

Suddenly looks like the Cavs have a pulse again. Mozgov has clearly made a difference, and of course that guy named LeBron being healthy.

Oh, and Shump's coming back soon. Amazing how things can change in just a couple weeks.

I know it's sort of a casual atmosphere, but Bill Simmons should be ashamed by how he looks on this Grantland Basketball show

I don't recall how he looked, though I assume he wasn't wearing a hoodie.

I say anything goes, be comfortable in your everyday appearance. Why should everyone be clean-shaven and in a suit to talk about such trivial pursuits as sports.

I don't recall how he looked, though I assume he wasn't wearing a hoodie.

I say anything goes, be comfortable in your everyday appearance. Why should everyone be clean-shaven and in a suit to talk about such trivial pursuits as sports.

lol I'm mostly bullshitting, it just looks like he woke up 10 minutes ago and is on his way to get coffee. Doesn't help that Zach Lowe and Jalen are wearing blazers

He was wide open, though. Have to stroke that 3.

(I believe it was Snell, by the way.)

Edit: Here's a vine. https://vine.co/v/OjLehEAYzYH

Really? It's a freaking basketball ffs, Blatt always looks like such a freaking pushover. Especially after this and the clip I saw of him during a Lakers game talking to Jack Nicholson last week. From that and some of the other clips I've seen I just don't think the guy has the right personality to coach in the NBA.

That's why I love Pops even though I don't like the Spurs, Pops is still able to scare the shit out of players when they screw up.

Dallas and San Antonio are two fairly recent champions that are primarily jump shooting teams.

Which is why what he's saying is dumb

You can be a jump shooting team if they're good shots and you have, you know, good shooters

I think the point he really wants to make is he thinks jump shooting teams don't get easy buckets which isn't necessarily true if you're a good passing team

I still do think you have to have some kind of interior scorer though. dirk can control the floor with his presence and same with duncan

potam

Banned
EIvJ3mC.png

Hawks feel like paper tigers, like they're the Pacers of last year. Congrats to them and nice to see their fanbase have a legit reason to be excited, but i don't know if i should be excited or sad to see a ECF consisting of the Raptors and Hawks since neither team is going to beat whatever comes out of the west.

fertygo

Hawks feel like paper tigers, like they're the Pacers of last year. Congrats to them and nice to see their fanbase have a legit reason to be excited, but i don't know if i should be excited or sad to see a ECF consisting of the Raptors and Hawks since neither team is going to be whatever comes out of the west.

Don't know man, last year Pacers had George play that lead us he as good as KD or someshit early in the season, he don't manage to hold on.. and they crashing.

Hawks don't rely on someone like that, they playing really good tactic.. And they always filled with player that stat-geek love, combine that two factor, bam..
And they're like 10-2 against the west, so..

I do think they peaking too soon, they should "save" this run after all-star break lol

Wow, I just saw how enormous the Warriors' point differential is. +11.7 per game. For reference, the 72 win Bulls team had a +12.3 differential. If the Warriors keep their pace, they would have the highest differential since that Bulls team.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Wow, I just saw how enormous the Warriors' point differential is. +11.7 per game. For reference, the 72 win Bulls team had a +12.3 differential. If the Warriors keep their pace, they would have the highest differential since that Bulls team.

That +11.7 is a bit misleading as well. There have probably been 10-12 games this year where they've been up by mid-20s at some point in the 3rd quarter and the starters have just sat while teams narrowed that number slightly during the quarter+ extended garbage time. So sometimes when you see they won by 15 that could probably have been 35+ if the they kept the starters in and the intensity high. It has been insane.

That +11.7 is a bit misleading as well. There have probably been 10-12 games this year where they've been up by mid-20s at some point in the 3rd quarter and the starters have just sat while teams narrowed that number slightly during the quarter+ extended garbage time. So sometimes when you see they won by 15 that could probably have been 35+ if the they kept the starters in and the intensity high. It has been insane.

Sheesh. I haven't watched them that much, so it didn't really hit me how amazing they are until I checked out some numbers for them. I know stats aren't everything, but "good or great" teams just don't put up numbers like that. You have to be incredible to do that.

Yup...Steph Curry is averaging a shade under 33 minutes per game right now and he plays the most minutes on the team. If this trend continues, the dubs are going to be really fresh for the playoffs.

tmdorsey

Hawks feel like paper tigers, like they're the Pacers of last year. Congrats to them and nice to see their fanbase have a legit reason to be excited, but i don't know if i should be excited or sad to see a ECF consisting of the Raptors and Hawks since neither team is going to beat whatever comes out of the west.

Yeah, I'm obviously biased but I can see that point of view from the outside looking in. Only thing I can say is this team seems like a maturation from the team in the playoffs last year where they played the Pacers hard and took them 7 all without Horford. I also wouldn't be so quick to think the West would dominate the Hawks seeing as they have the best record so far against the West. I can't wait till Feb 6th.

Don't know man, last year Pacers had George play that lead us he as good as KD or someshit early in the season, he don't manage to hold on.. and they crashing.

Hawks don't rely on someone like that, they playing really good tactic.. And they always filled with player that stat-geek love, combine that two factor, bam..
And they're like 10-2 against the west, so..

I do think they peaking too soon, they should "save" this run after all-star break lol

Being an Atlanta fan, I can't help but anticipate the cliché other shoe to drop. I'm hoping that Coach Bud is breeding a habit of winning and playing and hard game in and game out that will carry over to the playoffs.

tmdorsey

Good god here comes chuck with his analysis based on basketball played in a different era

Man Chuck threw me off last night with his analysis of the East as well. He had the Hawks like 4th best in the East behind the Cavs, Wizards, and Bulls, seemingly forgetting we just beat the Bulls 2 nights ago in Chicago. Keep talking about how Drummond and Monroe was killing us inside totally disregarding the fact that we still won the game with off performances by 4 of our 5 starters. Kenny, Shaq and EJ looked dumbfounded. lol.

Man Chuck threw me off last night with his analysis of the East as well. He had the Hawks like 4th best in the East behind the Cavs, Wizards, and Bulls, seemingly forgetting we just beat the Bulls 2 nights ago in Chicago. Keep talking about how Drummond and Monroe was killing us inside totally disregarding the fact that we still won the game with off performances by 4 of our 5 starters. Kenny, Shaq and EJ looked dumbfounded. lol.

Yeah when he started saying shit like "they wouldn't beat Detroit" I was like uhhhh chuck are you even sure the Pistons will make the playoffs

joedan

This would have applied to the Bulls 72 win season as well.

Top Bottom