• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

zychi

Banned
Wade makes Whiteside look like Baby Shaq whenever they're on the floor together. I'm loving this. It also highlights how much we need a PG. Wade is easily our best PG.

Hurhurhur. So stupid. PEACE.
You sure do whiteknight the idea that Miami has terrible fans. Must be some sort of trigger for you. Every comment about Miami Heat fans usually has a response from you directly after.

Pimpwerx

Relax, I actually commend folks for exercising the good sense to watch from the comfort of their own homes.

And at least it's better than. Hurricanes or Marlins crowd.
Sorry. It bugs me when legit superfans like in Seattle do the same things and don't get flack for it. Agreed on the Canes and Marlins crowds though. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

You sure do whiteknight the idea that Miami has terrible fans. Must be some sort of trigger for you. Every comment about Miami Heat fans usually has a response from you directly after.
Every jackass comment in this thread also has your username attached to it. What conclusion does that lead you to? I'm a Miami fan. I speak positively about my team and my city? And what?

And the season is over. Whiteside with the ankle roll. FML. PEACE.

It's crazy how little amount of votes KD and Westbrook have for the all-star game but I'm glad. Neither of them deserve to be all-stars as of right now

Pimpwerx

Without Whiteside, we look so bad. Its crazy how dependent on him we've become. I hope he's back soon.

Ballgame. This is a lot more like the Heat I knew before LeBron. I'm used to these disappointments. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Fun heat game. Heal up Hassan.
Funny that you and I can say this after a loss. But on the realgm Heat board, it's like the sky is falling. After 4 years of insane highs, the team is back to playing like I remember. Before the LeBron safety valve, I ferment a lot of games ending like this one. I also remember losing winnable games and winning impossible games. I kinda missed it, but I'm also ready for the return of insanity in 2016. PEACE.

maladroid

Maladroid.... Durant played the whole game last time Warriors and Thunder met and the final score was Ws 117 and OKC 91, so obviously you havnt been paying a lot of attention. That game was also warriors without Bogut.
He was just coming back from his ankle. I'd let him off for that.

I'll bold it since you didn't see my qualifier nor the fact I was responding to a poster that said the Thunder would demolish the W's. Even last year, when the Thunder were better put together compared to now, the series was close with two of them decided by buzzer beaters. It wasn't a one sided series last year. This year the Thunder haven't played well period. There's a still a ton of basketball left to be played and it's not a given that the team will suddenly develop cohesion and get hot. So based on what the Thunder are right now + W's with homecourt advantage...dubs have the upper hand. Also since when was 5-6 games not semi close series?

I haven't claimed any championship guarantees other than the team as is right now has the ability to contend for one. I've also said in a previous post that Memphis and SA are unfavorable matchups that I really wouldn't want to see in the 1st round for the dubs (in fact the lack of wins against SA the past two seasons worries me a great deal). I also said that no first round matchup is favorable period. So I dunno where you're getting all this arrogance from. My optimism in the team doesn't automatically mean I'm proclaiming them NBA champs in January. There's still more than half a season to go and our best players have a history of injury. All I can say is that after 23 or so years of being a W's fan, these past few seasons are the first time since Run TMC that I'm super optimistic about our chances [2007 squad was broken up way too soon imo- not that they would've chipped but that's another story].
I didn't fully appreciate the context of that post and mistook the defense of your team for arrogance. I still don't think that win was meaningless to the Thunder, but I get why you said it now.

Forgive the recency and primacy effect, but what stayed with me from that post was your dismissal of an opponent win and your prediction against a Thunder team I don't really think can be fairly judged on their production up to this point in the season. OKC doesn't need to get 'hot', they just need to play together. At this point, Durant's still missed more games than he's played this season.

Last season in the West, every first round match up went to 7 games, except an inept Houston against Portland that only went to 6. So yeah, a 6 game series doesn't seem as close as the 'norm' going by last year. And I don't know how a 4-1 series could be considered semi-close, either.

In the regular season, Houston won the series against Portland, but lost in the playoffs. Memphis lost the regular season series against the Thunder, but still took them to 7. Dallas got swept by the Spurs in the season, but still managed the same. The Clips-Dubs matchup was the only one that seemed to reflect regular season form, and even then, the Warriors weren't meant to get that close without Bogut.

As shaky as the Mavs and Grizz looked last season, and the Spurs (not really) and Thunder look this season, I can't discount their past playoff experience. Come playoff time, I think those teams are hardened in a way that'll make them competitive, regardless of regular season form or home court advantage.

Jag

Miami Heat Tops Forbes 2015 List Of The NBA's Best Fans

The Miami Heat fans took the top spot to little surprise and a tad bit of disgust. But then we looked pre-LeBron and realized there was no need to jump on the Heat-hater bandwagon. Fact is the team has ranked in the top 5 in the league in attendance and/or filled their arena to capacity since the 2004-05 season.

Top 10 Best NBA Fans:

1. Miami Heat
2. Oklahoma City Thunder
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Los Angeles Lakers
6. Boston Celtics
7. (tie) Dallas Mavericks
7. (tie) Indiana Pacers
9. Portland Trail Blazers
10. Los Angeles Clippers

Just wanted to pop in to gloat about being the best fans in the NBA. Truth hurts NBA GAF don't it.

Even I don't believe we are the best :p but we do have great heat fans despite what you may believe.

The old man says there's no way Houston will let GS win tonight, says there's no way they'd beat us after that ass-whipping we got.

I don't know what to believe. Either way, can't wait to see what Houston brings tonight.

The old man says there's no way Houston will let GS win tonight, says there's no way they'd beat us after that ass-whipping we got.

I don't know what to believe. Either way, can't wait to see what Houston brings tonight.

How the hell do you two play 4 times before the god damn all-star break? LoL fucking schedule makers...

Top Bottom