• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Fjordson

On the real though, glad Green held Curry back. Don't want him trying to go at Ariza :lol I love Steph, but I don't like that matchup.

What happened to Howard?
Hurts to watch your favorite player suck so much.

Did someone cast some voodoo on him? He should be banging out 25 a game...

overcast

When is Terrence Jones coming back? Think he would actually be an upgrade over J-Smoove for Houston.
Supposedly after the All Star break? It was a nerve injury and I guess he like couldn't move his leg. I hope he comes back okay, because I agree.

Might as well get rid of this clown.

Fjordson

Supposedly after the All Star break? It was a nerve injury and I guess he like couldn't move his leg. I hope he comes back okay, because I agree.

Might as well get rid of this clown.
Oh shit, sounds rough.

I remember Jones playing really well with the starters. Great rebounder, good finisher.. Never played beyond himself like Smith does, launching jumpers and trying to handle.

Soonri

Hypothetically, this could have been T.Jones' year to become the 3rd option behind Harden and Dwight. Jones is actually kind of a younger version of Josh Smith at the moment but since he's only 22 he could probably be better than Josh Smith was in his prime. Unfortunately the leg injury has pretty much wiped out that hope for this year, and his starting spot seems to be taken by Motiejunas since Motiejunas can hit 3s occasionally. I'm a little curious to see what Houston does with Jones now though.

Also since Josh Smith got ejected the Rockets are coming back, LOL!

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Bench made us look better lmfao.

Should have just put Harden in there when down 9 honestly.

Maybe 12+ times or so the warriors have been up 25+ in the third and other team narrows it to 10-15 in the extended garbage time. Dubs +11.7 could be much higher.

LOL... I get home just in time to see the rocket bench make a run against our 2nd unit...

That was a throwback mark jackson tribute right there

Draymond: "I'm sure they were a little frustrated, cuz we're not that good"

RBK

Banned
I don't think it will be complete domination like the season series(and more so these last 2 games) have been.

Just sucks how much better they have been against us so far.

Soonri

The ACTUAL dream scenario is:
1. Russ gets left off All-Star team cuz injury
2. Steph wins MVP
3. Dubs-Thunder first round

You'd have Steph against Angry Russ for at least 6 games. I want that SO bad.

as a heat fan, it would be nice to see a healthy starting lineup for more than a game. Shit sucks, man, because there's a decent team hiding behind all of those injuries.

RBH

usa-today-8326409.0.jpg

The Atlanta Hawks franchise is for sale, and while a price tag hasn’t been revealed, a new Forbes report suggests what may be a starting point for negotiations.

According to the magazine’s latest NBA Team Values report, the Hawks franchise is now worth $825 million, double its value in Forbes’ 2014 report, when the figure was $425 million. The latest figures are for the 2013-14 season.

The team, which is on a winning roll, now ranks 22nd on Forbes’ NBA Team Values list, moving up five notches from No. 27 on the previous list.. Revenue was also up and the team was no longer operating in the red.

The Hawks’ value has been on the rise in recent years. Forbes ranked the team No. 28 both in 2012 and 2013, with values of $270 million and $316 million, respectively; and No. 27 in 2014 with a value of $425 million.

The Forbes report says the team generated $133 million in annual revenue and had operating income of $15 million. In the 2014 report, Hawks revenue was put at $119 million and it had an operating loss of $3.6 million.

By comparison, the most valuable NBA team, the Los Angeles Lakers, is worth $2.6 billion. The Lakers generated $293 million in revenue and had operating income of $104 million.

Here’s Forbes list of the Top 10 NBA teams based on value:

1. Los Angeles Lakers ($2.6 billion)

2. New York Knicks ($2.5 billion)

3. Chicago Bulls ($2 billion

4. Boston Celtics ($1.7 billion)

5. Los Angeles Clippers ($1.6 billion)

6. Brooklyn Nets ($1.5 billion)

7. Golden State Warriors ($1.3 billion)

8. Houston Rockets ($1.25 billion)

9. Miami Heat ($1.175 billion)

10. Dallas Mavericks ($1.15 billion)
http://business.blog.ajc.com/2015/01/21/hawks-also-on-winning-streak-when-it-comes-to-teams-value/

RBH

The Atlanta Hawks says their attendance and viewership is flying high. They sent out the following release on Wednesday:

"The Eastern Conference-leading Atlanta Hawks are off to the best start in franchise history and have become appointment viewing in-person and on television. Attendance at Philips Arena is up by over 2,200 fans per game from last season, while viewership of Hawks contests is up 61% through 39 broadcasts on SportSouth in the Atlanta market.

Through 20 home games, the Hawks are drawing 16,328 fans per contest, marking one of the largest attendance percentage increases in the NBA when compared to the 2013-14 campaign. The team has sold out five-of-the-last-six games at Philips Arena and has won 12-of-the-last-13 home contests, leading the Eastern Conference with an .850 home winning percentage (17-3) this season.

The popularity of Hawks games among the millennial television audience is particularly high, as viewership among fans in the 18-34 year-old demographic has increased by 196% from last year. Earlier this season, the club drew its highest single-game television rating since 2011-12, generating a 2.78 rating in the Atlanta market during a Dec. 23 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers."
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/27906364/hawks-attendance-ratings-soar

Pimpwerx

You sure do whiteknight the idea that Miami has terrible fans. Must be some sort of trigger for you. Every comment about Miami Heat fans usually has a response from you directly after.
Remember this idiotic post? Remember me calling this a jackass comment? Huh? Remember that?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christinasettimi/2015/01/21/the-nbas-best-fans/

The Miami Heat fans took the top spot to little surprise, although with a tad bit of initial disgust. But then we looked at the team’s numbers pre-LeBron and realized there was no need to jump on the Heat-hater bandwagon. Fact is the team has ranked in the top 5 in the league in attendance and/or filled their arena to capacity since the 2004-05 season. Thanks to Shaquille O’Neal, Dwyane Wade and LeBron’s 4-year train stop, the team has had a player among those with the best selling jersey and/or the team’s merchandise has ranked among the league’s best-selling since 2004. The team ranks 3rd in the league in terms of its social media sheer volume of fans and its following as a percent of its population, a number that shows its reach extends beyond Miami-Dade County. To boot, LeBron’s exit didn’t lead to a mass exodus of fans. The Heat are still playing to a full capacity crowd and its merchandise remains among the top-selling in the league. There is enough momentum that the team signed an extension with Fox’s Sun Sports this past November that pays triple the current rights fee and keeps them on the network through the 2024/25 season.

Top 10 Best NBA Fans:

1. Miami Heat
2. Oklahoma City Thunder
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Los Angeles Lakers
6. Boston Celtics
7. (tie) Dallas Mavericks
7. (tie) Indiana Pacers
9. Portland Trail Blazers
10. Los Angeles Clippers

Yeah. There's a big bag of something around here for the haters to eat. Let the downplaying begin. Agree or not, she at least put some thought into this, unlike the countless douchebag trolls just having a laugh. Plus, shes even a little put off by the idea, but concedes to the facts. I can't wait to read the lazy efforts to discredit it. PEACE.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
The ACTUAL dream scenario is:
1. Russ gets left off All-Star team cuz injury
2. Steph wins MVP
3. Dubs-Thunder first round

You'd have Steph against Angry Russ for at least 6 games. I want that SO bad.

Yes, because we all need to see Russ just chucking up low percentage shots and repeatedly turning the ball over while Durant sits around and watches.

Pimpwerx

Ray Allen is demanding closer minutes? He must not have liked Spo sitting him a lot last season, but honestly his defense is so bad his closing had to become situational. To his credit, he somehow managed to shut down Paul George whenever he's on him, but that guy isn't even playing. PEACE.

Ray Allen is demanding closer minutes? He must not have liked Spo sitting him a lot last season, but honestly his defense is so bad his closing had to become situational. To his credit, he somehow managed to shut down Paul George whenever he's on him, but that guy isn't even playing. PEACE.
He can have whatever he wants if it means I don't have to see Dellavadova in 4th quarters ever again.

If Atlanta was sold to the right person is it conceivable that they move to Seattle?

Franchise just got in hot water b/c management/ownership's racially offensive comments- one of which being a complaint about too many black people going to games scaring off white fans.. There would be a PR disaster for the league if they approved relocating them away from Atlanta..

Top Bottom