• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

overcast

So it seems that they won't leave Atlanta. Didn't know about the racist comments somehow.
Come to HOUSTON Ray.
We don't need that clown.
Fantasy saying he could be back for Mavericks game.
Oh damn. Though I looked it up, I don't think he'll play then. It says he has traveled with the team, but he's yet to practice with the team. He's close to returning. Hopefully he comes back healthy and well. Feel like he will be great for depth.

Fjordson

I heard "scrappy" defender Patrick Beverly tried to play some "tough defense" against Curry last night?

#SwagChamps
Rockets got clownish and tried to bait the refs to eject Curry. Mainly Beverly and Ariza.

The whole sequence was bizarre. Have a hard time believing McHale would bother asking for that in a regular season game down 30. Think Bev and Trev went rogue for a bit there.

Though Curry was surprisingly pissed over a small shoulder bump by Ariza. Guys are going to come after him more and more and try to fuck with him like that now that his profile is so high. Needs to stay calmer I think.

RBK

Banned
I really hate that Beverley dude. Hes a dirty player.
camron.gif

Fjordson

Yeah just saw the footage. I really hate that Beverly dude. Hes a dirty player.
Yep. Beverly is a douche.

Ariza's bump wasn't nearly as bad as I originally thought after seeing the replay. Still kinda lame, but it was one of those veteran things, like he knew Curry was going to fly off the handle over anything. It all reminded me of when Curry was torching the Nuggets two years ago in the playoffs so Kenneth Faried started elbowing Curry every time he came into the lane.

Though of course 20 years ago none of this contact would even be given a second thought :lol

If Atlanta was sold to the right person is it conceivable that they move to Seattle?

0% chance. Atlanta is going nowhere.

Seriously, the likelihood of a team moving to Seattle is small, but the team to continue to watch is Milwaukee. There's a provision that accompanied the last ownership change, a deal has to be in place to build a new arena by 2017 (or thereabouts) or the league can exercise a clause to buy the team for a small amount of money, at least compared to present franchise values. Whether or not the league buys the team, Milwaukee's ownership group is not going to foot the entire bill (or even half the bill) for the arena. If they don't get that deal, the Bucks can leave.

Fjordson

Ray can come to Golden State and back up Klay some. Also tutor Curry on his way to supplanting Ray as the greatest 3-point shooter in NBA history.

Soonri

Only team that should let RayRay play crunch time minutes is OKC, unless Scott Brooks believes in the power of Dion over Ray AND Reggie Jackson (which he might).

RBK

Banned
Even if you did get a serviceable PG, can he play next to Harden? Or would he be more of a backup? I don't think I've ever seen Harden play off the ball..

Lin/Harden worked well at times.

Dare I say if Houston adds Allen, he's our 2nd option offensively. Howard can't be trusted with how many touches he gets in the post.

RBK

Banned
If D12 doesn't want to play and roll offense, his primary duty should be cleaning up the boards for easy buckets. Some matchups just are not going to work for him.

Lin/Harden worked well at times.

Dare I say if Houston adds Allen, he's our 2nd option offensively. Howard can't be trusted with how many touches he gets in the post.

Rush hour didn't work...neither could play off the ball well. I watched enough rockets games last two season to know that much. Having Harden pound the ball while Lin parked at the 3 point line was hideous iso ball.

And as much of a threat as Allen is as a 3 point shooter, it's crazy to make him the 2nd scoring option (he hasn't played half a season..isn't exactly a young player.). You don't even know how many minutes he's capable of playing at this point.

RBK

Banned
First season with the Rockets, I'll give you that. He played a lot better, especially when given chances to start in the 2nd.

I'll just make rather Ray Allen take a good bulk of shots than a low percentage hook from Howard. Don't care if it's a 3 or mid-range.

What? Dude ended up injuring Westbrook and then got into it with Lilliard too. He plays like an asshole.

Yep. Beverly is a douche.

Ariza's bump wasn't nearly as bad as I originally thought after seeing the replay. Still kinda lame, but it was one of those veteran things, like he knew Curry was going to fly off the handle over anything. It all reminded me of when Curry was torching the Nuggets two years ago in the playoffs so Kenneth Faried started elbowing Curry every time he came into the lane.

Though of course 20 years ago none of this contact would even be given a second thought :lol

Yeah it wasnt bad but totally unnecessary as well. Green did a good job grabbing Curry so he wouldnt get thrown out lol.

RBK

Banned
What? Dude ended up injuring Westbrook and then got into it with Lilliard too. He plays like an asshole.

There's a difference from a dirty player and just being a nuisance. Beverley was just at the end of Westbrook's misfortune.

KG or Perkins are players I would classify as dirty. Maybe even Chris Paul.

Kobe just retire

Now is when he goes into Kobidextrous mode, his final special move.He'l now go full gohan-at-the-end-of-the-cell-series nuts and scores 50 points per game on 5 attempts with no misses (naturally) and 0 assists because he's been waiting to lull the league into a false sense of security over what his true shooting arm is.

Cloudy

Banned
Kobe tanking hard. A tear in the rotator cuff is not the same thing as a torn rotator cuff. The plan was always to shut him down and get that pick. Kind of disgusting behavior by the Lakers but Kobe took the money and can't complain

Fjordson

Kobe tanking hard. A tear in the rotator cuff is not the same thing as a torn rotator cuff. The plan was always to shut him down and get that pick. Kind of disgusting behavior by the Lakers but Kobe took the money and can't complain
Don't you want LA to tank for a draft pick? No reason for Kobe and co. to prop up the record into no man's land (low lottery chance, but out of the playoffs).

First season with the Rockets, I'll give you that. He played a lot better, especially when given chances to start in the 2nd.

Lin was ok off the bench but that's because he and Harden's minutes got staggered. Playing them together in the 4th quarter was still problematic as Lin isn't that great of a spot up 3 point shooter and he isn't the defender that Beverly is. I always thought the one big mistake that the Rockets made was allowing Harden to dominate the ball in the 4th when paired with Lin. It would've such a better idea to have Lin trigger and Harden play wing. Get Harden closer to the basket to operate or set him up for an easier score. Having Harden pound the ball at the top of the key in the 4th while Lin was camping the wing made the offense stagnate.

I'll just make rather Ray Allen take a good bulk of shots than a low percentage hook from Howard. Don't care if it's a 3 or mid-range.
I just don't think Ray can stay on the court that long (as good as his conditioning has been- he's been out for half a season/you don't jump into the grind immediately plus I question his ability to recover). Don't forget he's probably a defensive liability at this point too.

pa22word

So is there a real possibility the Suns collapsing and let the thunder sneak into the playoffs? I thought we'd be okay but man as the season draws on I keep getting more worried :/

Honestly though, this has probably been my favorite season that the thunder has been here in okc. I know a lot of people that are still hopeful around here but are already starting to write them off, but man, the nba is just so much more exciting when every game starts to really matter vs previous years where the thunder have been running over everyone and the playoffs were a when and not an if. I know a lot of fans of other teams are probably shaking their heads at me right now, but this is really the first season I've been catching every game possible and biting my nails the whole way. It's just been so exciting to get to be part of all the fun of having an nba team :D

Also, fuck the Nba playoff system >.>

This shit where half the eastern teams get in at sub 500 is some bullshit. I mean yeah, end of the day we got dealt a bad hand and its on us to win the games, but it's going to really hurt if a shitty .450 team gets in and the thunder end at like .600, which seems reasonable all things considered.

Cloudy

Banned
So is there a real possibility the Suns collapsing and let the thunder sneak into the playoffs? I thought we'd be okay but man as the season draws on I keep getting more worried :/

Honestly though, this has probably been my favorite season that the thunder has been here in okc. I know a lot of people that are still hopeful around here but are already starting to write them off, but man, the nba is just so much more exciting when every game starts to really matter vs previous years where the thunder have been running over everyone and the playoffs were a when and not an if. I know a lot of fans of other teams are probably shaking their heads at me right now, but this is really the first season I've been catching every game possible and biting my nails the whole way. It's just been so exciting to get to be part of all the fun of having an nba team :D

Also, fuck the Nba playoff system >.>

This shit where half the eastern teams get in at sub 500 is some bullshit. I mean yeah, end of the day we got dealt a bad hand and its on us to win the games, but it's going to really hurt if a shitty .450 team gets in and the thunder end at like .600, which seems reasonable all things considered.

If the Suns are still leading OKC at the end of the season, Adam Silver himself will be blocking Suns players at the hoop lol

overcast

A lot can happen in the Western playoff situation. Very few games separating the teams. If somebody goes cold it can be very bad.

OKC was 11 games better than Phoenix last year. Phoenix is having the same kind of season this year, really, and they're 3 games up on OKC with half the season to go. Do the math. If not for setbacks in the form of additional missed time by Durant, OKC would probably be in the 8 slot right now, with eyes of moving up further. (I thought they had a chance to get to top 4, top 5, but that went out the window when Durant missed more games.)

OKC is 14-5 with KD in the lineup, which is a winning percentage of 0.737 and is consistent with last year's rate of 0.720. If we say Phoenix will keep winning at their present clip, which is 0.591, they'll finish 48-34. If we project OKC forward at 0.720 in their remaining games, they'll go 51-31. I don't know if the schedule is favorable for either one of those to happen, of course, but if I'm betting, I'm betting on OKC as long as YNB and KD stay healthy.

Then again, they did trade for Waiters. All in on the Suns.

tmdorsey

So the Bulls are on National TV back to back nights? Is this usually the case? And yes I'm asking cause I think the OKC/ATL matchup would be better tv.

So the Bulls are on National TV back to back nights? Is this usually the case? And yes I'm asking cause I think the OKC/ATL matchup would be better tv.

Does the NBA actually have flex scheduling outside of fan night on NBA TV? I could've sworn that these national TV schedules are set in stone before the start of the season..

Soonri

The scene of the crime where Kobe shot his arm off:

In relevant news, LaMarcus Aldridge has a cast on his thumb. Combined with injuries to their other bigs, Portland is going to have to play long stretches of small ball for their games - potentially opening the door for other teams to get higher seeds.

Does the NBA actually have flex scheduling outside of fan night on NBA TV? I could've sworn that these national TV schedules are set in stone before the start of the season..

ESPN has switched off of games (I think they recently announced a switch off an upcoming Knicks/Lakers game), but it's more difficult for TNT since the Thursday slate is typically light.

Fjordson

All-Star game starters for the West:

Curry
Kobe
Ant Davis
Blake
Marc Gasol

East:

Wall
Lowry
Lebron
Pau