• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Two Words

sexual harrassmant in the workplace is no laughing matter. Blake should be suspended.
Yeah that's pretty fucked up. He could easily get sued for that. People are laughing at it because of how absurd the gesture was, but it is pretty serious. I'm sure if the guy was a girl, people would see it more serious, but it should be serious for the guy too.

Blake just needs to grow up. I typically find him likable, but watching that vine again, it really looks like the trainer was more annoyed than anything, which would probably indicate this isn't the first time something like this has happened. He's too old to be acting like a drunk frat boy, especially in public.

Suspension may be too harsh but he should be publically reprimanded by the league and fined. Make him awknowledge it and feel embarrassed. It might seem like harmless fun and that's probably all it was in Blake's mind but you can't do shit like that it opens up teams and the league to all sorts of potential liabilities.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yeah, that's pretty stupid by Blake. This is a professional league, and I'm all for good fun.. but you don't do that shit to employees and especially in front of the public where others can see it.

Dude could legit file a sexual harassment claim.. and with video evidence.. he'd win.

NervousXtian

Honestly, Kobe should just call it quits at the end of the season.. take his checks being injured now.. but retire.

Sad watching him on a bad team and obviously just not right physically. Dude's put in one helluva career... but it's time to move on..

Fjordson

Honestly, Kobe should just call it quits at the end of the season.. take his checks being injured now.. but retire.

Sad watching him on a bad team and obviously just not right physically. Dude's put in one helluva career... but it's time to move on..
He's signed througg next season though, isn't he? He'll be back. Due to make like 24 million.

Suspension may be too harsh but he should be publically reprimanded by the league and fined. Make him awknowledge it and feel embarrassed. It might seem like harmless fun and that's probably all it was in Blake's mind but you can't do shit like that it opens up teams and the league to all sorts of potential liabilities.

I agree. I still would suspend him at least a game or 2, though. It's amazing that it's not even mentioned anywhere in the sports media that I've seen.

NervousXtian

He's signed througg next season though, isn't he? He'll be back. Due to make like 24 million.

I know he won't do it, but he should. Maybe they can buy him out.. I don't think he can ever make it through a full season.

I agree. I still would suspend him at least a game or 2, though. It's amazing that it's not even mentioned anywhere in the sports media that I've seen.

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised too. These kinds of things aren't a laughing matter to the people hit with lawsuits over harassment claims.

Besides, if he's doing so casually out there like that, you know it's probably worse in the locker room and at the team facilities.

Soonri

Kobe gonna keep gettin' dem checks. He needs the rest of that money to go all in for Kobe Inc.!
Besides, the Lakers need one salty vet who's actually done stuff in the league to call his young teammates soft like Charmin and why not the first ballot Hall of Famer?

Unless Kobe has surgery, I don't buy this for a second
Still waiting on the full extent of the rotator cuff tear but this is the 3rd significant injury in 3 years. Anybody know how rotator cuff rehab is?

NervousXtian

Kobe gonna keep gettin' dem checks. He needs the rest of that money to go all in for Kobe Inc.!
Besides, the Lakers need one salty vet who's actually done stuff in the league to call his young teammates soft like Charmin and why not the first ballot Hall of Famer?

Still waiting on the full extent of the rotator cuff tear but this is the 3rd significant injury in 3 years. Anybody know how rotator cuff rehab is?

In baseball it can be up to a year.. but he's not a pitcher.. so probably 3 or 4 months on the low estimate if he has surgery. I mean you can't do shit with it for quite a while after surgery and you'll have to rebuild all the muscle you lost.

just read, Patty Mills got injured back in July and is just coming back... so there's a timeline.. and not a good one.

zychi

Banned
Just like Nash, regardless if Kobe plays:
DUVxfvw.png

I'm sure he'll play next season, he's still a top 3 player on the Lakers.

Fjordson

I think the votes got it right starting Wall and Lowry.

Kyrie has as much talent as anyone, but I dunno. I don't put him on that top tier of point guards.

I think the votes got it right starting Wall and Lowry.

Kyrie has as much talent as anyone, but I dunno. I don't put him on that top tier of point guards.

No I agree that the body of work puts Wall and Lowry above Irving so far this year, but the constraints are pretty annoying. It should be 2 backcourt players, 2 frontcourt players, and 1 that could be either... unless that's how they do it already. I haven't voted a ton. Kyrie's had a MUCH better year than Carmelo.

Second Edit: That stipulation really should be ASG appearance rather than ASG starting since the latter is just a popularity contest.

Think it's 3 frontcourt players since they got rid of the Center position recently.

Then yeah, the 3 position should be open to backcourt or frontcourt. There should be at least 2 guards and 2 in the frontcourt, but in this age of wing players, there's no reason Kyrie couldn't start alongside Wall and Lowry.

Raziel

Durant

2014 - 1.5 million votes
2015 - 500k votes

Someone explain this crazy drop off, bearing in mind voters don't care about games missed.

Top Bottom