• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

LV0LEhV.png

Hawks trying to figure out what the username limit on a twitter handle is.

RBK

Banned
LOL! I guess it's true that Houston fans have an irrational dislike for Dallas. Can a H-town fan tell me where this comes from?

Just as BlackFlip stated, San Antonio gets their fair share of hate as well.

Dallas is the worst Texas team though.

Soonri

Texas rivalry.

Fuck the Rockets.
Dude keeps taking jumpshots so early in the shot clock when he never makes any, it's terrible.

It's not a rivalry... it hasn't been since 2005.

For the Mavs to have success in the postseason, Rondo needs to be a threat to score. Against a smart defense like the Bulls, they won't respect his J until he hits them consistently. That's why I can ride with Carlisle going with Harris down the stretch at times - his J and driving has to be respected. That's why he needs to try some even if they don't go in.

Rebounding and the Bulls hitting bunches of 3s early beat the Mavs - but had missed chances early and late in the game. Just a close one in the end.

Never been one.
Does it matter? People overpay all the time, that's just the nature of the biz.

Texas rivalry.

Fuck the Rockets.
Dude keeps taking jumpshots so early in the shot clock when he never makes any, it's terrible.

There was a few plays as well where Monta passed the ball to Rondo for a jumper that had me scratching my head. You know if it was just Rondo's shitty jumpers than it wouldn't be that bad, but it's Rondo's and Parsons shitty jumpers combined that really hurts.

Obviously the mavs need a backup center, but I think what the mavs need just as much is a guy who can come off the bench and score 15-17 points like Vince did last year or Jason Terry late in his career when he won 6th moty. I mean yea JJ and Devin are good but...

RBK

Banned
It's not a rivalry... it hasn't been since 2005.

I don't think you honestly believe this. Every fanbase kind of makes a big deal of the intrastate competition.

Does it matter? People overpay all the time, that's just the nature of the biz.

Not at all, but he was paid accordingly for his first extension. He might get a contract similar to Rubio's, maybe a little more.

Soonri

I don't think you honestly believe this. Every fanbase kind of makes a big deal of the intrastate competition.

I suppose I should clarify: I don't see the Mavs/Rockets players go against each other playing and jawing at each other as if Mavs vs Rockets is more personal and matters more than other regular season games. That's a rivalry to me. Like Cowboys-Eagles, Spurs-Mavs, those are rivalries to me because the players on both sides know the history between the two franchises and the games ALWAYS decide postseason seeding/placement.
I don't get that with Mavs/Rockets - probably because both teams haven't been good/great at the same time and they've only faced each other once in the playoffs. Maybe it'll be different starting from this year.

Not at all, but he was paid accordingly for his first extension. He might get a contract similar to Rubio's, maybe a little more.
Rondo wants a max extension and the Mavs want to keep him, so they'll probably give him a max unless Cubes and Donnie work some magic.

Hawks and Cavs have both embarrassed the other once this season. Cavs weren't the same team either time they played, and the Hawks, are on that tear now.

It'd be a damn great playoff series, would be better as an ECF for sure.

Soonri

Clarkson should have been playing big minutes all year. He was really good in summer league...
Yep, playing Ronnie Price over any point guard on the roster was bizarre... As was playing Kobe huge minutes early in the season as well as keeping him in after he was clearly hurt. But I think most know Byron Scott is a moron by now.

Harden with the clutch game winning shot.

Still felt like a loss. We rely way too much on harden and dont have anyone else that can reliably get 20+ points. Heck, dwight howards struggling to get over 15. I'd be surprised if this team gets past the second round, if they even manage to get there. Probably will just lose out of the first round again.

Klay just told Harden to sit back down, he's taking Kobe's spot in the starting lineup.... Havnt seen someone go ham like that in a game for a while.

Top Bottom