• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Yes Amir Johnson!! Please Raps just get the W. This team has so much issues with Derozan coming back, and questionable coaching decisions in terms of lineup changes and playing time for certain players. Boy the raps better secure a top 3 seed, if they drop 4 or 5, I could see them going one and out to those other elite EAST teams.

EDIT: HOW THE FUCK IS LOPEZ BEASTIN ON US LIKE THIS??!!

DEROZAN? What on Earth was that?!! Will take it though.

Questionable coaching re lineups? Really?
Demar was injured for really long time, and he's normally very reliable, I think the coaching staff did an amazing job of making adjustments during that time.now that he's back, they really need to integrate him into the lineup because that is what will win them games in the playoffs.

Soonri

lol. Their lack of size is going to destroy them in the playoffs

They've got size... their nightmare is against bigs that can tire out Draymond Green when he's defending. Basically, Memphis or Spurs are the worst scenario. Houston, Clippers and Portland can still give the Dubs problems but who knows how Dwight will be by then and the Clippers and Blazers have questionable bench depth. Mavs are the ideal matchup since Golden State can run Dirk off the floor while packing the paint and daring the guards to beat them from long range. Not really going to comment on Suns and OKC since that race still isn't settled at all yet...

maladroid

They've got size... their nightmare is against bigs that can tire out Draymond Green when he's defending. Basically, Memphis or Spurs are the worst scenario. Houston, Clippers and Portland can still give the Dubs problems but who knows how Dwight will be by then and the Clippers and Blazers have questionable bench depth. Mavs are the ideal matchup since Golden State can run Dirk off the floor while packing the paint and daring the guards to beat them from long range. Not really going to comment on Suns and OKC since that race still isn't settled at all yet...
I think the regular season series showed that the Rockets couldn't do jack against the Dubs. Though if it came down to it, some variation of our first two lineups, with a better bench would at least be somewhat competitive. We won't get a chance to see it, but I'd be curious to see how Terrence Jones would have fared against Green/Barnes at the 4.

Cloudy

Banned
I think the regular season series showed that the Rockets couldn't do jack against the Dubs. Though if it came down to it, some variation of our first two lineups, with a better bench would at least be somewhat competitive. We won't get a chance to see it, but I'd be curious to see how Terrence Jones would have fared against Green/Barnes at the 4.

Dwight is not the kind of center that will give them trouble. Scoring bigs who make their FTs is what will could the Warriors playoff run

None of the Bulls starters are shooting lights out, but they're all shooting better than Derrick Rose, and have been for several games in this recent stretch. And yet Rose has 21 FGAs, Butler 16, Gasol 13, Brooks 11. Maybe get the ball to those guys.

*Not watching the game, maybe he's trying to do that. The Suns are likely daring Rose to shoot, since he hasn't be very good at it this year, shooting 41% overall and 31% from 3.

Another thing to notice about Rose is that his splits are trending downward. Only 2 games in October, but he shot 48%. 43% in November, 41% in December, and 39.5% in January. As his percentage has dipped, he's shooting more, also playing more minutes. And yet, he's not getting to the free throw line as much. 5.5 FTA in October, 4.6 in November, 3.5 in December, 2.9 in January

Maybe he needs some time off to rest. All-Star break is coming up, so there's that.

maladroid

Dwight is not the kind of center that will give them trouble. Scoring bigs who make their FTs is what will could the Warriors playoff run
Since I didn't make it explicit, these were our lineups from our first two games:
ojnfhvN.png
We lost both of these games around the 6 minute mark of the fourth (6:17 and 4:24 left, respectively), as you can imagine.

I would've wanted to see a starting lineup of: Motiejunas, Jones, Ariza, Harden and Canaan. Bench consisting of: Beverley, Terry, Brewer and Smith.

RBK

Banned

Dwight is certainly a handful for the Warriors.

Disregarding this season since his health plays a big part.

overcast

Thank you Dmo <3 Just what we needed tonight.
I feel it would be insane to trade a PF/C that can shoot when you have Dwight and Harden. I'd ride all 3 guys and revisit options in the offseason
We really shouldn't trade him. We need him badly right now. We still need to see if Jones can develop and get better in the next few months.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I went to sleep with the Heat starting to lose the lead, woke up when they were being blown the fuck out. Chuckled a bit.
The simple reality of this limited roster is that if one of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Luol Deng, or Hassan Whiteside does not play, we will lose. Guaranteed. Anytime of those 4 is out of the lineup, bet against the Heat and you will be a rich man. Without Wade we can't score for shit. Without Deng we get lit the fuck up even more than usual on the perimeter. Without Whiteside we get devoured on the boards and in the paint. Without Bosh we've got no midrange buckets or 3 point shooting (kinda sad our starting power forward is our best three point shooter but thems the breaks). We have THE worst point guards in the entire NBA. We don't have a single legitimate shooting guard on the roster besides Wade. It's kinda crazy that 33 year old with bad knees Dwyane Wade is by far both our best scorer and playmaker. Figures, we finally have a legitimate center that can be relied on for the first time in years, but our guard play besides Wade is fucking atrocious.

Do you guys think Atlanta is ready for the title?

All I can say is that its a long season, and the entire playoff landscape can look completely different a couple months from now. Id rather talk about contenders and titles come playoff time. That's not to say their winning streak hasn't been extremely impressive, though.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Remember when Indiana looked like a title contender before they got destroyed in the playoffs? :lol

those were the days.
I remember Frank Vogel completely broken with watery eyes calling LeBron "the Michael Jordan of era" and us "the Chicago Bulls of our era". It feels like that was a long time ago :/

Pimpwerx

The simple reality of this limited roster is that if one of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Luol Deng, or Hassan Whiteside does not play, we will lose. Guaranteed. Anytime of those 4 is out of the lineup, bet against the Heat and you will be a rich man. Without Wade we can't score for shit. Without Deng we get lit the fuck up even more than usual on the perimeter. Without Whiteside we get devoured on the boards and in the paint. Without Bosh we've got no midrange buckets or 3 point shooting (kinda sad our starting power forward is our best three point shooter but thems the breaks). We have THE worst point guards in the entire NBA. We don't have a single legitimate shooting guard on the roster besides Wade. It's kinda crazy that 33 year old with bad knees Dwyane Wade is by far both our best scorer and playmaker. Figures, we finally have a legitimate center that can be relied on for the first time in years, but our guard play besides Wade is fucking atrocious.
Yeah. I'm not even fretting. This season is about Whiteside. We're not winning anything this year. PEACE.

I remember Frank Vogel completely broken with watery eyes calling LeBron "the Michael Jordan of era" and us "the Chicago Bulls of our era". It feels like that was a long time ago :/
David west said "we're in the LeBron James era he just can't be beat" we had finally broken them lol

Going to a game for the first time in my life. Hope we can beat the Bulls and Gasol without Dwight...would be terrible for my first game to be an L

Man the rockets are just playing down to these mediocre teams levels (or in the pistons case, under them). These games should be after thoughts. I really don't think they should be seen as contenders.

RBK

Banned
Every team loses to sub-par teams, nothing really to worry about.

Honestly wasn't expecting much after yesterday's performance against Boston.

Top Bottom