• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Love with 14 and 17 in his return, not too shabby but god damn LeBron just went machine in the 4th. 10 in row!

yeah, it's not 18 but this is a group that's only coming into it's own now. Once Love gets rest and gets fully healthy, sky's the limit.

I've said it multiple times. The team the Hawks have to fear is the Cavs purely because LeBron is still LeBron especially when the playoffs come.

I've said it multiple times. The team the Hawks have to fear is the Cavs purely because LeBron is still LeBron especially when the playoffs come.

Kudos to your streak and hope you guys can keep your high level of play up all season! Hope the Cavs can ascend to at least 3 to miss you guys in round two (and vice versa haha)

Also, did anyone see this? haha

zbogrif_medium.gif

Cloudy

Banned
Weakest playoff team out West by a large margin.

I dunno about that. SA is living on reputation and they are going to get ousted in the first round if they don't get the 6th seed or better. I just don't like what I'm seeing from Parker

RBK

Banned
We look poor man :[

Worst case scenario is we slip to the 7th/8th seed with D12 being out at least a month, certainly not an easy schedule but all winnable except the Clippers games. I like our chances, 3 days of practice and rest before the Bulls game. Like I said, honestly didn't expect a W today after than 2nd half performance in Boston.

Also when is the trade deadline? It's been relatively quiet this year, even more so than last season. Sure they are some bigs on the market.

Cloudy

Banned
Call me crazy but I think the Rockets are MUCH better without Dwight offensively. If they can patch things together on defense, they should be fine

Undefeated in January!!!

If only they handed out rings in January, you'd have a new hat and t-shirt to wear.

Wiggins has 31 pts against Cavs what the fuck. What a message. Wiggins on fire right now. See you with the Raps in a few years.

Lowry!!

Wiggins like "Fuck yo essay.....esse!"

yea Mr. Wiggins was excellent...until we decided to play defense on him. Might need to send out an Amber Alert for him now.

Call me crazy but I think the Rockets are MUCH better without Dwight offensively. If they can patch things together on defense, they should be fine

I can't help but feel like this may actually be a blessing in disguise. Either we make a much needed trade for a decent back up center or we learn to play better defense without Dwight. As long as we hold our own as well as we can, this may prove to be a growth period.

Or we just fucking lose a big chunk of games...

Losing tonight to the PISTONS is not a good sign of our team sans Dwight.

Edit: We just did the exact same thing on the exact same forum
Konex lol

maladroid

I can't help but feel like this may actually be a blessing in disguise. Either we make a much needed trade for a decent back up center or we learn to play better defense without Dwight. As long as we hold our own as well as we can, this may prove to be a growth period.

Or we just fucking lose a big chunk of games...

Losing tonight to the PISTONS is not a good sign of our team sans Dwight.

Edit: We just did the exact same thing on the exact same forum
Konex lol
We already had a month without Dwight, and we went 8-3. It allowed DMo to establish himself and inform everyone else on his capability in the post. We also held on to the league's second best defense without Dwight (or Beverley) in that time. We had a decent back up center in Tarik Black and gave him away to get Josh Smith. Given that, I still don't understand where that early season grit went.

Our pre-trade efficiencies:
ORTG 101.7 DRTG 97.7

Our post-trade efficiencies:
ORTG 105.1 DRTG 101.6

Have the losses of Black, Garcia and Troy Daniels (along with the additions of Smith, Brewer and Shved) really had that much of a detrimental impact on our defensive identity? Our record with Howard is 22-10 (.688). Our record without him (currently) is 11-5 (.688). With the way this team has regressed defensively, I don't know if they can grind out wins like they did earlier on in the season.

Pimpwerx

Screw Baby Shaq. Whiteside looking like Baby Dream out there. Dreamside!!!

He does not pass though. And I got no problem with that. Big men put it in the basket. PEACE.

phanphare

Banned
More ridiculous: 2013 game 6 spurs or last night Seahawk?

spurs game 6 no question. had the game won. staff members were blocking off the court so fans wouldn't storm the court. they were legitimately at the point during the game where they could look at the score board and exhale a little. and then it just disappeared.

seahawks were knocking on the door but were still down with seconds left in the game.

More ridiculous: 2013 game 6 spurs or last night Seahawk?

Probably game 6. All the spurs need to get the chip was to do just ONE of the following in the final 30s... 1 more made FT or A REBOUND or 1 less manu flop (he flopped instead of haulin ass back to the GOAT 3pt shooter).. That game and last night superbowls were the greatest games i've seen in my life.

WIn streak at 11 now! :D

Good solid win, 76ers always play hungry and gave Atlanta a hell of a game. Cavs played pretty lackadaisical for a lot of this but got things done in crunch time. Delly showing some good worth tonight, hope to see this effort and contribution out of him far more often.

Cavs will be the 2nd seed by next week lol

yeah no way we catch #1 but it prevents an early meeting with the Hawks and the Heat were never all that concerned about having the 1 seed either.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Streak had to end at some point.

That being said the Hawks played garbage tier ball tonight.

I'm not sure if we just sucked, injuries have hurt us, the pressure of the streak finally caught up to us, or quiet frankly we were just due for an off night.

The more telling thing for the Hawks is how they bounce back. If this becomes a trend then you'll be hearing the fraud term thrown out more and more.

Top Bottom