• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

zychi

Banned
So Fox Sports live just showed a video filmed by a paper on a team plane, and theres clearly gambling going on. Bogut is surrounded by cash laid out like for cards.

If this was the nfl, the whole team would be fined and the media would be asking about card-gate. Yet nothing from the NBA? What gives Silver?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So Fox Sports live just showed a video filmed by a paper on a team plane, and theres clearly gambling going on. Bogut is surrounded by cash laid out like for cards.

If this was the nfl, the whole team would be fined and the media would be asking about card-gate. Yet nothing from the NBA? What gives Silver?

Didn't Silver speak in favor of legalizing sports betting?

Another sloppy game by the rockets. They're so inconsistent, and when harden gets shut down, they lose. How anyone thinks they can get past the second round of the playoffs when they're so reliant on one player is beyond me.

CSX

iirc , Jalen talks about this on a grantland podcast and mentioned it was up to team owners if its allowed on the plane

Fjordson

Surely players are allowed to play card games and shit, no? Even in the NFL? Especially if it's just on a plane with teammates.

Blablurn

Mozgov is a player LeBron never had at Miami. He's good during the normals season. Let's see if he can keep this pace during the PlayOffs.

Mozgov is a player LeBron never had at Miami. He's good during the normals season. Let's see if he can keep this pace during the PlayOffs.

He had a hell of a game I see, Season High in points. Him staying healthy and continuing to become acclimated in our system is huge. Also, having played for Blatt before really helps, his improvisational skills with LeBron and Kyrie seem pretty good too.

Blablurn

He had a hell of a game I see, Season High in points. Him staying healthy and continuing to become acclimated in our system is huge. Also, having played for Blatt before really helps, his improvisational skills with LeBron and Kyrie seem pretty good too.

The title is ours

jwhit28

I can't remember watching a more me first player than Melo this year. He wants to shut it down because his team is horrible (which he should have known when he took the big pay check to sign there) but he's heroically toughing it out so he can save the NYC All Star game and grow his brand like he said was his priority in an early season interview. This is more disgusting than Vince sand bagging in Toronto.

Without going into details, NBAgaf up and left to Slaent.com. We felt it would be best for all parties and as the community and website itself has grown, that belief has been reinforced.

We've reached out to as many longtime members as we could in hopes of perserving a community that for some represents nearly a decade or more of basketball talk. In case we missed any long time posters or lurkers wondering where everyone went, don't hesitate to join up, all are welcome:

Register Here.

Login Here

J2 Cool

Chuck's a dummy, funny dude, but I still think his ultimate point of talent wins in the nba is obviously spot on. The Rockets aren't a contender simply for that reason, they're led by Dwight and Harden. That will always be the difference, just don't see it turning into playoff success. And using baseball as evidence for analytics working is pretty pointless in a debate about its application to basketball. It obviously works magic in baseball. But it's great for maximizing teams.

I can't remember watching a more me first player than Melo this year. He wants to shut it down because his team is horrible (which he should have known when he took the big pay check to sign there) but he's heroically toughing it out so he can save the NYC All Star game and grow his brand like he said was his priority in an early season interview. This is more disgusting than Vince sand bagging in Toronto.

Carmelo threw his career away when he went back to the Knicks. He just completely how hugely disappointing a player he's been in his career, which is a shame given his unique skillset.

RBK

Banned
Chuck's a dummy, funny dude, but I still think his ultimate point of talent wins in the nba is obviously spot on. The Rockets aren't a contender simply for that reason, they're led by Dwight and Harden.

The West is a tossup. Really no team is leaps and bounds better than the other.

Cavs - Bulls tonight, last game before the break and the winnter moves into 3rd place in the east.

Hope Kevin Love can play, I believe Butler is out though.

maladroid

Chuck's a dummy, funny dude, but I still think his ultimate point of talent wins in the nba is obviously spot on. The Rockets aren't a contender simply for that reason, they're led by Dwight and Harden. That will always be the difference, just don't see it turning into playoff success. And using baseball as evidence for analytics working is pretty pointless in a debate about its application to basketball. It obviously works magic in baseball. But it's great for maximizing teams.
How in any way does talent clash with analytics, though? When the biggest proponent of analytics in Morey also believes that 'talent has a way of sorting itself out' and swung for the fences to get Bosh and Melo in the off-season, what does that tell you? When the league's best scorer* in Durant works with a stats guy in Zormelo to find better shots, what does that tell you? And did the Spurs not win last year, or something?

Shoulda went with the Bulls. Everyone here but him saw this suckage coming even before he signed the extension. Now he's about to turn 31 and wasting his prime in irrelevance. By the time Knicks get slightly above trash-tier again he'll be past his prime. I want to feel bad that he has to endure this in the middle of his career but I can't.

Carmelo shutting it down after the all-star game.

lolknicks
KjTgKSZ.gif

EDIT: Checked the comments on ESPN. I was surprised he did the same thinbg to Denver too lmao what a shit head Melo is

zychi

Banned
Shoulda went with the Bulls. Everyone here but him saw this suckage coming even before he signed the extension. Now he's about to turn 31 and wasting his prime in irrelevance. By the time Knicks get slightly above trash-tier again he'll be past his prime. I want to feel bad that he has to endure this in the middle of his career but I can't.

KjTgKSZ.gif

EDIT: Checked the comments on ESPN. I was surprised he did the same thinbg to Denver too lmao what a shit head Melo is

I'm glad he didn't sign with the Bulls, the team wouldn't be an actual team, and it would be the Derrick and Melo wah wah whiny show.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hot damn, refs were determined to job the Warriors tonight but came up short thankfully.

Warriors look so sloppy though. Stumbling into the much needed all-star break.

wait, you're complaining about how the refs treated the WARRIORS?

You're talking about the wolves-warriors game, rightt?

Fjordson

wait, you're complaining about how the refs treated the WARRIORS?

You're talking about the wolves-warriors game, rightt?
Yes? 19-2 free throw advantage in the second half, no call on Pekovich's offensive foul near the end, overturning the out of bounds call. Zebras had a bad night.

Even Alvin Gentry was 'bout to get a technical near the end there. Never seen him that mad this year.

Boo, well after a report earlier that Love would play, now they're saying he's sitting out tonight.

Probably for the best and he can start his all-star break rest. Still a very important game tonight, gonna be tough to win on the road without him.

What a shitty effort from the Cavs. expected much better. No Love, no excuses, they didn't have Butler.

I know it's just one game, but they have 6 more road games remaining than home and they need to figure out a way to win these, or could be looking at shitty playoff seeding and an awful first round matchup and an even worse second round one...

dream

Any community with Reilo and Blackace is practically a leper colony. The drastic reduction in LLL talk and judging the fandom of others is telling. It's not at all a coincidence. Good luck with the forum though. PEACE.

You know, I think I agree with you, Pimpster. It was a little quiet here for a while, but people are talking basketball now, and I think the quality of the discussion has been higher than it's been in year.

lol@Moris randomly trying to steal traffic from this thread though.

What a shitty effort from the Cavs. expected much better. No Love, no excuses, they didn't have Butler.

I know it's just one game, but they have 6 more road games remaining than home and they need to figure out a way to win these, or could be looking at shitty playoff seeding and an awful first round matchup and an even worse second round one...

They looked pretty cheerful at the end. Guess they didn't want to play tonight. I'll take it.

Top Bottom