• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

They looked pretty cheerful at the end. Guess they didn't want to play tonight. I'll take it.

Yep, take them however you can get them. This was payback for the Cavs win in Chicago second game of the year as far as I'm concerned, but concerning as this team is supposed to be better now.

Still, our last 15 games look good, the sky isn't exactly falling, but I had just hoped for a better effort tonight is all.

This is Bill Walton clip is GOLD.

Yeah, he is taking about that Michael..
WqedUdA.png

RBK

Banned
Dragic might be a Rocket again after all.

Hard seeing the Lakers being to compete with any offer we throw at them, plus we have the better 1st round pick.

maladroid

Think TJones would be the player we trade away, but no problem with Kostas.
It's hard with TJones. If he was healthy, he'd be more attractive, but he would be there instead of Capela for salary purposes. I'd like to keep Jones. Even coming back from injury, he'd give us more than Capela could, given our timeline.

They're a young team, who'll get two young pieces. One, a rebounder/shot blocker. The other, a guy who guards 1-4, can facilitate and cut, but doesn't need the ball. And an expiring. Chuck in the NOP 1st (and the Minnesota 2nd?) and that seems like a decent enough haul for a guy who's about to walk.

I dunno, this would seem a bit realistic if Davis didn't hit that 3. OKC would have officially overtaken Phoenix before the break. It all still seems implausible that we could actually get him in a trade.

Nothing significant except cap relief(Lin's expiring).

He's well worth a 1st rounder, considering the Pelicans has the potential to be a lottery pick.

Dunno if they'd do that deal (Lin for Dragic). Feel like the Lakers would want to save that space for a real marquee FA. Of course it's Jim Buss...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Do you have an article source link?

Did some quick googling:

http://www.fanatics.com/pages/NYC_NBA_Jersey_Rank

With the 2015 NBA All-Star game festivities being held in both Madison Square Garden in Manhattan and The Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Fanatics examined the top-selling NBA jerseys for each month this season in and around New York City. The results were interesting as we saw a progression from heavy sales of New York's own Carmelo Anthony in October to one of the NBA's biggest names in LeBron James to rising superstar Stephen Curry. Fanatics used data from all Fanatics owned websites to compile the results.

Looks like it's based off of the Fanatic shops sales numbers I'm guessing? So not necessarily representative of the whole market.

I don't care what riley has to do, send everyone minus wade, whiteside, and maybe bosh to the suns for dragic. play 4 players on the court, i don't care, it can't be any worse than how our guards are playing now.

Saw this some where else. I really like this idea because we don't lose Jones in the process

Bulls give: Gibson
Bulls get: Green, Pap

Suns give: Dragic, Green
Suns get: Gibson, NOP pick, Shved

Rockets get: Dragic
Rockets give: Pap, , Shved, NOP pick

maladroid

I get why Phoenix would want a frontcourt player like Taj, but why would the Bulls do that deal? They've already got Dunleavy, Snell, Butler and Hinrich on their wings. Add in Rose when they play that Brooks-Rose-Butler lineup, as well.

Saw this some where else. I really like this idea because we don't lose Jones in the process

Bulls give: Gibson
Bulls get: Green, Pap

Suns give: Dragic, Green
Suns get: Gibson, NOP pick, Shved

Rockets get: Dragic
Rockets give: Pap, , Shved, NOP pick

Hell no. The Bulls get shit on in this deal. I don't even know who Pap is.

maladroid

It wasn't pretty, but I kinda missed the way we played back at the start of the season. Canaan and Papanikolaou were integral to our team back then, and now McHale refuses to play them unless there's injuries or it's garbage time. I don't understand how either of them are meant to find their rhythm when played like that.

I sorta hate McHale for letting this and this rot on the bench given our struggles with playmaking and offense when Harden sits/struggles.

maladroid

I hear defense pop up a lot, but as a team, we had our best period when Canaan was starting. Beverley has been a negative on that end this season, despite his reputation.

Since Brewer's first game, we've slipped to 17th in defensive efficiency. I'm not gonna put that on guys who get DNPs and only play in garbage time. I don't blame it on Brewer either, but Terry at his age shouldn't be playing the minutes he plays sometimes, and Ariza shouldn't be playing that much either.

When your regular rotation of players are struggling to put up points, there's very much a justification for trying something new.

Is PHX really going to trade their best player: Dragic? They must think he hates the guard heavy team he is on and probably doesn't wanna play SG to Bledsoe. PHX ultimately chose Bledsoe over him? Dude has carried this team past two years with no decent big men in terms of a center and the 4s he has played with are stretch 4s. Kings, Lakers, Rockets, and Miami are teams on the top of my head that should all go after him.

Nothing significant except cap relief(Lin's expiring).

He's well worth a 1st rounder, considering the Pelicans has the potential to be a lottery pick.

He's definitely worth the late first round pick we got from Houston last year for taking Lin's contract.

zychi

Banned
I still don't see why Bulls would want to pull the trade. Neither player really solves a need for the Bulls.

Bulls aren't trading Taj for that. Taj plays defense, you'd have to give them back way more defense to make up for his loss.

I really don't know what the Bulls are going to do with Taj. He's kind of the odd man out once Jimmy gets the max

Fjordson

Come on guys, I met Steph this morning! No reaction?! No, "cool dude!" ?
Sorry, ain't been on GAF much today. That's dope as fuck. I met him at a Warriors game that I took my little brother and two of my nephews to once. He was super nice. Signed a bunch of stuff for 'em and some other fans. Was talking to people nonchalantly. Seems like a good dude.

Can't stand the guy, but that's really cool that you met him. Did he say anything interesting?
Can't stand Steph Curry? Wat. Like the nicest superstar in league history.

Top Bottom