• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

ISOM

I don't understand when writers and some of you say I am glad the Lakers didn't sign this guy or that guy. Who are WE supposed to put on the floor then? The current garbage?

I do not see anyone breaking the door down to play for one of the worst teams in the NBA right now.

So great Lets save our money and not spend it. Who the hell is going to come here this summer? No one. Who is going to come here the year after?| No one.

What are the Lakers saving money for then?

Rumors were that Dragic preferred destination was the Lakers. They still might have a chance at him in the offseason.

Rumors were that Dragic preferred destination was the Lakers. They still might have a chance at him in the offseason.

They just reported that he's celebrating this trade to Miami and has expressed to mgmt that he would resign with them. Why would that dude leave a playoff team to play for a Lakers team that won't be competitive till the post-kobe era?

Fjordson

They got Michael Carter Williams and Tyler Ennis for Brandon Knight, that's a great deal.
Was this a financial thing for the Bucks? Because of Knight being a restricted FA this summer?

I get that I guess, but Knight is a good player. Certainly better better than MCW.

I can see it from one angle, on the other hand does a Dragic/declining Wade/Bosh core really make the Heat any type of title contender?
Don't think so. And Dragic will be 30 next year so it's not like he's a young building block in his own right.

But it's certainly a big step up from their currently disastrous set of guards. And Riley will probably try some other stuff to bolster the roster.

ISOM

They just reported that he's celebrating this trade to Miami and has expressed to mgmt that he would resign with them. Why would that dude leave a playoff time to play for a Lakers team that won't be competitive till the post-kobe era?

Well I didn't realize all of that extra details until you said it just now.

Mr.Sumal

Was this a financial thing for the Bucks? Because of Knight being a restricted FA this summer?

I get that I guess, but Knight is a good player. Certainly better better than MCW.

They got deeper: added Miles Plumlee and Ennis might get a chance to play. Maybe Bucks new ownership balked at BK's asking price so they traded him

I am shocked Billy King has a job with the Nets still. Just can't believe how incompetent that organisation is.

B-PAZ67IQAA1Qbk.png

The second 2015 swap is actually a 2017 swap.

Mr.Sumal

I am shocked Billy King has a job with the Nets still. Just can't believe how incompetent that organisation is.

Too a big L this trade deadline. He was supposed to get RJ, BK, and parts from SAC instead he was sidelined by his peers lmao. Atleast Young was a decent get for his team

Fjordson

Maybe Bucks new ownership balked at BK's asking price so they traded him
I can see that. Was just a little surprised when I first saw it. Knight is good and seemingly on the upswing and MCW is kinda bad imo. But I guess it makes sense all things considered.

Heat got a great player and got rid of players that aren't. Can't believe they didn't give up Deng. Pat Riley does it again. He don't give a damn about picks he knows South Beach is South Beach.

Saw this..

#Nets feel they were screwed by OKC's late deal, left them without time to do other trades.

Lol it is like it is their first trade deadline.

Too a big L this trade deadline. He was supposed to get RJ, BK, and parts from SAC instead he was sidelined by his peers lmao. Atleast Young was a decent get for his team

B-PAZ67IQAA1Qbk.png

The second 2015 swap is actually a 2017 swap.

For once the Knicks arent the most dysfunctional sports team in NYC.

overcast

Did the Rockets just get better or worse? I know they really wanted Dragic.
If I'm correct it seems like KJ is pretty damn solid with a lot of potential. So, I would say that's good. I've never seen him play though.

Have no clue if Pablo is any good.

spyder_ur

I was in a meeting. Did I miss anything?

Insane deadline. Still processing, but getting Thomas for the Cs for giving up practically nothing is an absolute steal. Good player with a very reasonable contract.

Fjordson

If I'm correct it seems like KJ is pretty damn solid with a lot of potential. So, I would say that's good. I've never seen him play though.

Have no clue if Pablo is any good.
KJ is solid. That's a great pickup for the Rox.

Pablo is old and hasn't done much of anything in NYC this year, but you never know with disaster teams like that. Could be more inspired now that he's in Houston.

He wanted to go to LA, Miami or New York. Now he's in Miami with an organization that is in a healthier competitive spot than the Lakers. Why would he leave? What advantage do the Lakers have?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Heat got a great player and got rid of players that aren't. Can't believe they didn't give up Deng. Pat Riley does it again. He don't give a damn about picks he knows South Beach is South Beach.

While I love Goran, you may want to reset your expectations a bit. :)

Fjordson

I'm a little surprised the market was seemingly tiny for Brandon Knight.

B-PD78VCQAEOUGD.jpg:large

Dragic will probably get closer to how he was last year now that he isn't crowded in Phoenix, but still. Knight's a nice player and is only 23.

While I love Goran, you may want to reset your expectations a bit. :)

look, man, if you even watched more than one heat game this season then i apologize for not having a single NBA worthy point guard on the floor and making you sad.

we went from not have a single PG worth a shit to having an above average PG looking to be a legit starter in the league. this means that even when wade's knees break due to a gentle breeze brushing past them we'll still have someone who attracts defensive attention, effective at the PnR, and can distribute the ball efficiently to a bosh or a whiteside.

Shits changed, man

overcast

KJ is solid. That's a great pickup for the Rox.

Pablo is old and hasn't done much of anything in NYC this year, but you never know with disaster teams like that. Could be more inspired now that he's in Houston.
Pablo sounds like a waste, whatever. KJ is another SG/SF so I'm not really enthused yet. He's young though. Not too upset.

Brandon Knight is a great pickup for the Suns imo. He's 23 and Bledsoe is 25. They won't make the playoffs, but they have a good future. I like Knight more than IT.

Heat did great. Definitely a good playoff team. Still the core is old, but they got a lot better.

76ers have so many fucking picks, the tank is going strong. Wow, they do not give a fuck lmao.

Yeah I'm not with this Bucks trade at all. Knight was playing some damn good ball prior to the All Star break. I won't be surprised if we fall out of playoff contention now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
look, man, if you even watched more than one heat game this season then i apologize for not having a single NBA worthy point guard on the floor and making you sad.

we went from not have a single PG worth a shit to having an above average PG looking to be a legit starter in the league. this means that even when wade's knees break due to a gentle breeze brushing past them we'll still have someone who attracts defensive attention, effective at the PnR, and can distribute the ball efficiently to a bosh or a whiteside.

Shits changed, man

The only game I went to in person so far this year was a Heat game. It was sad. So I understand.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I wonder when, if ever, the Sixers plan on getting actual NBA players.

I really don't see the end game. Isn't getting good players the point of the draft? Why trade MKG and Mcdaniels when they are probably the only really good players you got from draft at the moment?

Henke is just trying to not get fired by always having the excuse of "oh I'm not done yet!"

Top Bottom