• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Probably wants KG to retire there.

They probably don't need to extend him for that to happen.

I really don't see the end game. Isn't getting good players the point of the draft? Why trade MKG and Mcdaniels when they are probably the only really good players you got from draft at the moment?

Henke is just trying to not get fired by always having the excuse of "oh I'm not done yet!"

I wonder what's going to happen if in a year or two none of these picks turn into anything great.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
They probably don't need to extend him for that to happen.

I wonder what's going to happen if in a year or two none of these picks turn into anything great.

Reminds me of the celtics when they went all in on getting Duncan in the draft.

They ended up with billups and Ron mercer lol

Bowser

VQjroYb.gif

Thomas Robinson is looking for a buyout. That would mean he'd have been on five different teams within three years of being drafted fifth overall.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
^ I like KG, but isn't this 20 years in the league? Is there anything left in the tank?

Let's pretend I haven't seen any Nets games this year.
Probably not. The Wolves are just trying to put asses in seats since their fourth rebuild since they traded KG is off to a real shitty start. Also, Flip's doing him a solid so that when KG gets a group together to buy the team from Papa Glen that he won't shitbin Flip.

Maybe he can motivate that sack of shit Anthony Bennett to play half ways decent.

The Sixers were going for the entire first round :p

From what I hear theres a lot of guys they'll have the chance to get that are better than mcw but I liked him.

heres for another year of rebuilding.

Fjordson

From what I hear theres a lot of guys they'll have the chance to get that are better than mcw but I liked him.

MCW isn't that good. Not a huge loss for the Sixers imo.

Of course the draft is a crapshoot so they could pick someone even worse, so who knows. Definitely a few nice guards in this year's draft, though.

Doc Holliday

I guess they going for Mudiay huh?

MCW isn't that good. Not a huge loss for the Sixers imo.

Of course the draft is a crapshoot so they could pick someone even worse, so who knows. Definitely a few nice guards in this year's draft, though.

Exactly so the same guy who drafted MCW in the first place is still making the decisions.

DarkFlow

Banned
As a Suns fan, I think I'm okay with what happened today. Dragic was going to walk. Isiah Thomas was good but I'm okay with subbing him with BK. Of course, our season is probably going to be over now, but we weren't going to win it all anyway. For the future!

I would rather we tank then hang out in the middle, you don't get better getting 8th seeds.

Draxal

^ I like KG, but isn't this 20 years in the league? Is there anything left in the tank?

Let's pretend I haven't seen any Nets games this year.

Nets announcers rant and rant about how positive his influence is on the energy of the team.

<--- has to listen to them because I forget to change my radio channel after getting out of work and to lazy to change it while driving.

Soonri

I would rather we tank then hang out in the middle, you don't get better getting 8th seeds.
Mavs were 8th seed last year and they now have Rondo, Parsons, Tyson, and Amare as key parts. I know Amare is old but he's with one of the league's best training staffs and he'll play 20 minutes of pick and roll/pop and some of Dirk's flex post sets on offense. And he'll be better than Greg Smith as a rebounder.

Plus Rondo has been working with Holger now (aka Dirk's personal coach). So yeah...

Bowser

And didn't sixers tank that year?

I agree with which is why I question is Henkes strategy of constantly going for picks and then trading them for more picks. Even when he gets good players.

Nah, that was the year they thought they could make noise by getting Bynum in the Dwight trade. On paper they had a decent team with Holiday, J-Rich, Bynum, Spencer Hawes and Thad Young. But injuries destroyed that team, Bynum didn't play a game I don't think. They still finished 34-48 that season.

Doc Holliday

Nah, that was the year they thought they could make noise by getting Bynum in the Dwight trade. On paper they had a decent team with Holiday, J-Rich, Bynum, Spencer Hawes and Thad Young. But injuries destroyed that team, Bynum didn't play a game I don't think. They still finished 34-48 that season.

Ah ok, yea i remember that team now.

Fjordson

Max? Man, I dunno. Like I said earlier, I love Dragic, but I'm not sure he's great. And he's not young.

But I guess that's just the market these days. Max or near max deals cast a much wider net right now than they used to.

Pimpwerx

The original reports was wrong. We got Dragic for Big Ham, Granger, Cole and some picks we'd never use? Awesome. Riley fucking stole from Phoenix with that trade. I'm fucking stoked man. Even if we don't make waves this post season, next year we're gonna be disgusting once McBobs is healthy. Riley be with you. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Dragon
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Whiteside

Who really wants a piece of that in the postseason? Next year we add healthy McBobs. Rio is good depth at guard, and he's played much better off the bench this season. We still have Birdman, who's back in his preferred backup role. If PushaT develops into a solid backup guard, were gonna have the depth to match. Really exciting times ahead. Fuck LeBron. We're gonna kick his ass in the first round. PEACE.

Heat didn't give up McRoberts? No Deng either? Fuck the Suns.

Also saw this

Don't expect Thomas Robinson in Denver for too long. Told his reps are seeking a buyout.

Wow.

overcast

Max for Dragic is too much I think. The Heat still need to be healthy to compete, and even then we'll see how they mesh. Key pieces are old aside from Whiteside.

Tom Penny

Max for Dragic is too much I think. The Heat still need to be healthy to compete, and even then we'll see how they mesh. Key pieces are old aside from Whiteside.

Dragic 16ppg, 4apg, 4rpg, 35mpg, 50%fg, 35%3pt,

Thomas 15ppg, 4apg, 2rpg, 25mpg, 42%fg, 40%3pt

Thomas makes 7 millon a year :)

Dragon
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Whiteside

Who really wants a piece of that in the postseason? Next year we add healthy McBobs. Rio is good depth at guard, and he's played much better off the bench this season. We still have Birdman, who's back in his preferred backup role. If PushaT develops into a solid backup guard, were gonna have the depth to match. Really exciting times ahead. Fuck LeBron. We're gonna kick his ass in the first round. PEACE.

If Wade can get healthy at the right time they could make some noise.

We aren't making noise, we are probably going to give dragic a fat contract and I'm really not happy about it

Whatever godfather, prove me wrong. Really not a fan of the deals except getting rid of Norris cole's bum ass was a plus...except when you factor in the fact that we got john fucking salmons in return

We are better no doubt but I didn't want to be the team paying dragic all that money

We aren't making noise, we are probably going to give dragic a fat contract and I'm really not happy about it

Whatever godfather, prove me wrong. Really not a fan of the deals except getting rid of Norris cole's bum ass was a plus...except when you factor in the fact that we got john fucking salmons in return

We are better no doubt but I didn't want to be the team paying dragic all that money

That team's ceiling is like 4/5 seed in the east for the next couple of years before Wade goes full Kobe. I guess they had to do something but i wouldn't be planning any parades just yet. And no draft picks really cripples their ability to add affordable depth and value to their team.

After some more reading... I wish pat went after Knight instead. Dragic about to turn 30 and heat is an aarp team now and for years to come. GOATSide is the only real young heat prospect that heat has.

That team's ceiling is like 4/5 seed in the east for the next couple of years before Wade goes full Kobe. I guess they had to do something but i wouldn't be planning any parades just yet. And no draft picks really cripples their ability to add affordable depth and value to their team.
Exactly. I couldn't care less about the scrubs we lost and I haven't seen if those picks are protected but we are going to need cheap labor if the plan is to try to make a big splash in 2016

Could change with the new CBA but nobody has a definitive clue about that yet. So under the current one this deal fucking sucks

Again we are counting on this team to stay together and healthy through the postseason...if we get there. Highly highly unlikely we stay healthy to make this deal worth a damn

Top Bottom