• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Pimpwerx

We aren't making noise, we are probably going to give dragic a fat contract and I'm really not happy about it

Whatever godfather, prove me wrong. Really not a fan of the deals except getting rid of Norris cole's bum ass was a plus...except when you factor in the fact that we got john fucking salmons in return

We are better no doubt but I didn't want to be the team paying dragic all that money
I've always been a fan of his. With the cap going up, we'd be underpaying him at 15M. I think the max he's eligible for is 18.8M, so maybe we get him under that with the lack of state tax. His game should age well, and if he doesn't pan out, he's tradable before 2016. We still only have him, Bosh and McBobs on the books for 2016. That's if we extend him next year and don't convince him to pick up his option. He was NBA 3rd team, and it's not a fluke. He can also play both guard positions, meaning be can fill in for Wade. I really like the move, and I was all about trying to get Durant. PEACE.

I've always been a fan of his. With the cap going up, we'd be underpaying him at 15M. I think the max he's eligible for is 18.8M, so maybe we get him under that with the lack of state tax. His game should age well, and if he doesn't pan out, he's tradable before 2016. We still only have him, Bosh and McBobs on the books for 2016. That's if we extend him next year and don't convince him to pick up his option. He was NBA 3rd team, and it's not a fluke. He can also play both guard positions, meaning be can fill in for Wade. I really like the move, and I was all about trying to get Durant. PEACE.

Wouldn't you rather extend him next year instead of waiting one more year and paying him based on the new salary cap?

Pimpwerx

True but it doesn't change the fact that Dragic isn't worth max and Isiah Thomas at 7 million is well worth it.
Thomas is at his ceiling, Goran is not. I can see him erupting ala Harden now that he's captain of the offense and has refined his offensive game.

Wouldn't you rather extend him next year instead of waiting one more year and paying him based on the new salary cap?
Great point. Yes indeed. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Now when you say erupting like Harden. In what regard?

In that his stats as a role player getting limited minutes disguised his true potential. He looked good, but not MVP good. And people thought Morey overpaid him, but now it looks like a really smart signing. I expect Dragic to display more of the game that made him 3rd team all NBA. I don't expect him to brecome the best pg in the league, but top3? Sure. I can see him becoming a top guard in the league now that the shackles are off. I'm also being extremely optimistic.

Pimp must be hiiiigh as fuck

I thought you quit smoking pimp!
Back on that dro. It's just too good. PEACE.

Harden? I dunno, Harden is maybe the best guard in the league right now. I can't see Dragic ever reaching those heights.

Expecting him to turn into a player on Hardens level is crazy in my opinion. I get the impression that what we've seen from Dragic these last few years in Phoenix is what he is.

Cheddahz

Banned
B-PyYj9CAAAy3ce.jpg

Was this a financial thing for the Bucks? Because of Knight being a restricted FA this summer?

I get that I guess, but Knight is a good player. Certainly better better than MCW.

Knight's been bad, bordering on terrible before this season when he got to work with Kidd. The Bucks clearly think MCW is a guy with more upside who will be under team control for longer.

EDIT: Holy shit I just saw that shot chart for MCW. Terrifying!

Pimpwerx

I see where you're coming from, but at the same time he's 29. I'm not sure his ceiling is so high.

Expecting him to turn into a player on Hardens level is crazy in my opinion. I get the impression that what we've seen from Dragic these last few years in Phoenix is what he is.
The assumption is that he was misused in Phoenix. He'll have full run of the show most nights since Wade is bound to see reduced minutes. Haberstroh has been really high on him too. He raves about his potential. The guy who scouted him for Phoenix thinks we might have the best starting5 in the league now. I'm not going that far, but it speaks well of what he can bring. On top of that, it's a position of desperate need. So many Whiteside lobs incoming. PEACE.

"Tommy Heinsohn: “Danny Ainge told me that they need to trade Marcus Thornton to free up playing time for James Young.” #Celtics" - @CLNS_JaredWeiss

Hallelujah! #FreeYoung

Tom Penny

"Tommy Heinsohn: “Danny Ainge told me that they need to trade Marcus Thornton to free up playing time for James Young.” #Celtics" - @CLNS_JaredWeiss

Hallelujah! #FreeYoung

The Kid is like 19 years old. I think he is going to be the steal not Smart but I like Smart. It's kind of alarming he can't get to the rack though.

Yeah, that's I mean :lol I wouldn't want any part of MCW. But I guess if Knight was going to ask for too much the Bucks weren't interested in keeping him.

How much money do they really need to save with Giannis and Jabari on rookie contracts? Buying out Sanders contract should give them the room to keep Knight. Obviously I thought the deal made sense at first but perimeter guys need to be able to shoot in the modern NBA.

Fjordson

How much money do they really need to save with Giannis and Jabari on rookie contracts? Buying out Sanders contract should give them the room to keep Knight. Obviously I thought the deal made sense at first but perimeter guys need to be able to shoot in the modern NBA.
Yeah, I dunno kinda weird. Maybe Kidd thinks he can make over MCW?

He's never been able to shoot though and has actually gotten slightly worse this year. Turnovers are also up and he isn't any younger than B. Knight so...yeah.

Tom Penny

MCW is not all that good right now. He has the tangibles in size but was a product of an uptempo style and crazy minutes and the green light.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Probably not. The Wolves are just trying to put asses in seats since their fourth rebuild since they traded KG is off to a real shitty start. Also, Flip's doing him a solid so that when KG gets a group together to buy the team from Papa Glen that he won't shitbin Flip.

Maybe he can motivate that sack of shit Anthony Bennett to play half ways decent.

It's also to get some mentoring, particularly on the defensive side, for our frontcourt. If only for a few months.

Tom Penny

He's got the strength for it, I think it's only a matter of time before he's driving more consistently.

He doesn't seem particularly quick or an athletic finisher. Thomas is clearly the slasher now. It's pretty sad when you think Evan Turnover was their best creator get in the paint guy.

Miami got better, good for them, helps the overall talent of the week. Always scary giving away unprotected picks, even if it's forever from now, but this helps them out a lot now.

Cavs Heat 1st round is certainly a possibility, depending on how much Miami can move up.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Pat Riley's penis is made out of solid gold.

I am happy to give up a first in 2017 and another in 2021 for the Dragic brothers. This move doesn't really affect the 2016 plan either and we still compete in the interim.

Still hate him from his celtics days, but I'd take a healthy Perkins as a backup on the Cavs. Chicago has too many big bodies, and the Cavs still have the easier road to the finals than the Clips so feel good about that.

These last couple months will be great.

Pat Riley's penis is made out of solid gold.

I am happy to give up a first in 2017 and another in 2021 for the Dragic brothers. This move doesn't really affect the 2016 plan either and we still compete in the interim.

Pat Riley's a good GM but let's not give him too much credit for this deal. Dragic was only going to sign with one of three teams and the other two didn't have realistic picks that they could give up yet it still cost him two firsts.

Edit:

Thomas Robinson just agreed to a buyout.

Top Bottom