• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Pimpwerx

Pat Riley's a good GM but let's not give him too much credit for this deal. Dragic was only going to sign with one of three teams and the other two didn't have realistic picks that they could give up yet it still cost him two firsts.

Edit:

Thomas Robinson just agreed to a buyout.

Miami got better, good for them, helps the overall talent of the week. Always scary giving away unprotected picks, even if it's forever from now, but this helps them out a lot now.

Cavs Heat 1st round is certainly a possibility, depending on how much Miami can move up.
We still have our 1st rd picks for 16, 18, 19 & 20. Unless I'm mistaken. PEACE.

So we got the Dragic brothers and we only lost the Cole train and some other scrubs? Riley is a God indeed. I can see so many lobs from Dragic to Whiteside it's not even funny. And don't forget we still have developing talent in Napier, Ennis AND Zoran. Provided Deng don't walk away and we can get back McBob and splurge on the big 2016 free agency class and we might just win another title before Cleveland does, again! 😁

Pimpwerx

I remember making a post, deriding Knight as a potential Miami target, a while ago. I can't quite remember all my reasons, but saw this just now.

B-LVILoCUAAWL04.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-01-29-at-10.12.12-PM.png

I find the dribble stat fascinating. I've never seen it before. This is why they don't want him running things late in games, when possessions get longer and you need a dynamic playmaker. PEACE.

Edit: Bosh in hospital with fear of pulmonary embolism. :( Fuck that sucks. Rotten luck for the team, but I just hope Bosh is okay.

Vestal

Pat Riley's a good GM but let's not give him too much credit for this deal. Dragic was only going to sign with one of three teams and the other two didn't have realistic picks that they could give up yet it still cost him two firsts.

Edit:

Thomas Robinson just agreed to a buyout.

He just got a top 5(if he plays like last year with starter minutes) NBA point guard for absolutely nothing.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
The funny thing about Jordan taking free throws is that he is so bad he doesn't even know how far off he is when he shoots it. He airballed one of his last shots but from his release, follow through and expression it was like he thought it was going in. He didn't even crash in like someone who knows they shot it short...he just didn't have a clue.

Jonm1010

Banned
Well I guess I can't complain that we got Cole for Salmons but ultimately today reminded me why the Pels are going to struggle to ever chip with Davis.

We had a very narrow window before Davis elevated his game into the stratosphere and we traded away all of our potential high lottery picks for marginally above average players.

Now there market value is below what we gave up for them and we had little to offer to bring back player that moved the needle in terms of the playoff hunt.

Well I guess I can't complain that we got Cole for Salmons but ultimately today reminded me why the Pels are going to struggle to ever chip with Davis.

We had a very narrow window before Davis elevated his game into the stratosphere and we traded away all of our potential high lottery picks for marginally above average players.

Now there market value is below what we gave up for them and we had little to offer to bring back player that moved the needle in terms of the playoff hunt.

I'm fairly certain we just traded frustrating player for frustrating player

Great deal -_- You'll enjoy watching Norris dribble around Anthony Davis and never giving it to him

Reports coming in Bosh may be out rest of season with blood clots in his lungs. (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article10734557.html)

Pulmonary embolisms are serious. Co-worker had it and he was laid up for weeks on blood thinners.

Thoughts with him and his family. Hope he gets better soon...and this sucks. So much for the best starting five in the NBA.
Nooooooo. I think teletovic got a similar case. Happened this season too.

full

Heat are going to be borderline good and he can go to the Lakers or Knicks who can pair him with another FA to make a competent team.

I don't think either of those teams will be in any better position than Miami next season. Plus, I think the Heat will offer him the max, and I'm not sure if the Lakers or Knicks would offer that much.

If that Bosh news turns out to be true then damn, what a snakebitten and bittersweet feeling for this Heat season. So many injuries yet the team has resolved its PG issue and now has a blossoming big man at center. If we were only healthy for more than like 3 games this season we could've been a damn fine team.

Less "waht did Suns want" and more Lakers didn't have shit to give up

i dunno, Riley gave up like 5 garbage bags and a box of donuts to get dragic. Perhaps even though Dragic wanted to be on the knicks or the lakers as well as the heat, maybe only the heat actually had any interest in having Dragic.

Lakers are clearly in tank mode and the knicks, well, they're doing something. The heat seemed to be the only team really looking to upgrade and especially at the PG position so it might just have been a mutual interest situation.

Top Bottom