• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

What did Suns want in return for Dragic that the Lakers didn't pull the move? I guess we gonna take our chances in FA

Stuff, of which the Lakers have none.

In all honesty the Heat's poo poo platter wasn that great so maybe LA could have matched (Lin's expiring, clarkson and a couple firsts) but thank the lord that didn't happen. No sense giving up assets for half a season of a guy when you are a lottery team.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Fuck, another big time player goes down. I was just telling a buddy of mine how cool Bosh came across on the Bill Simmons all star pod cast.

Bread

Banned
Tough break for Bosh and the Heat. At least they didn't trade McBob and Birdman like it was speculated, they would have no front court.

Pimpwerx

I'm hoping for the best with Bosh. He's been my favorite player since he came here. I believe it's something you can make a full recovery from. Seems Teletovic missed time for the same reason. Hopefully it's something less serious than clots.

In more positive news, I commissioned a rgm user Maroko to make a Double Dragon gif for the Dragic bros.
double_dragon_dragic3.gif

PEACE.

Fjordson

I'm hoping for the best with Bosh. He's been my favorite player since he came here. I believe it's something you can make a full recovery from. Seems Teletovic missed time for the same reason. Hopefully it's something less serious.
Definitely can. Andrerson Varejao had a life threatening clot in one of his lungs and came back. But like you said, hopefully it's something much less serious.

Big game tonight for the dubs (even if pop plays the bench scrubs)...I don't think we've beaten the Spurs in a regular season game since like the 90's...

Hopefully everyone is nice and well rested for the last 3rd of the season..

Fjordson

Big game tonight for the dubs (even if pop plays the bench scrubs)...I don't think we've beaten the Spurs in a regular season game since like the 90's...

Hopefully everyone is nice and well rested for the last 3rd of the season..
Yeah, would be nice to get one on them tonight.

We're a much, much better team than the one that loss to them earlier this year. That loss and the one to Phoenix back to back was a turning point where we became really good I think.

Tom Penny

The Heat would not have done this trade for Dragic without feeling good that he re-signs this summer. Expectation is he’ll get a 5-year max

— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) February 19, 2015

That's 20m per..

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

I don't even. Yesterday was so much fun, we were back. And now Bosh is out for the season. Insanity. I feel like a ton of bricks hit me.

Anyway I wish bosh the best. He is such a great guy.

JNA

Banned
That's 20m per..

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

I'm so glad the Lakers dodged that bullet. Dragic is very overrated and paying the guy 4 years 80 mill or 5 years and 100 mill in this case would have been absurd for a 16 and 4, 29 year old going on to 30 point guard.

Hell, the Suns upgraded by getting Brandon Knight. I am so freaking salty at that because that's who I wanted the Lakers to sign in the offseason.

zychi

Banned
I don't even. Yesterday was so much fun, we were back. And now Bosh is out for the season. Insanity. I feel like a ton of bricks hit me.

Anyway I wish bosh the best. He is such a great guy.

Basketball gods are balancing the sport out. Miami dominated the last ten years of East ball since Shaq went there. Time for some other teams to have some fun

DarkFlow

Banned
I'm hoping for the best with Bosh. He's been my favorite player since he came here. I believe it's something you can make a full recovery from. Seems Teletovic missed time for the same reason. Hopefully it's something less serious than clots.

In more positive news, I commissioned a rgm user Maroko to make a Double Dragon gif for the Dragic bros.
double_dragon_dragic3.gif

PEACE.
Lol why are you so excited for Zoran? He has 1 point in his NBA career. Phoenix only signed him to keep Goran happy, and now they traded him so Miami can waste the roster spot now.

Also have fun paying Goran max money now lmao.

Pimpwerx

Lol why are you so excited for Zoran? He has 1 point in his NBA career. Phoenix only signed him to keep Goran happy, and now they traded him so Miami can waste the roster spot now.

Also have fun paying Goran max money now lmao.
Zoran is whatever. He's not going to be much worse than TJ or Ennis, and is likely better. I'm hyped for Goran. The max deal is perfectly fine. The only reason to fret about it is if you're a Heat fan still hoping for Durant in 2016. Dragic killed that, but he's an awesome PG, a position we desperately need. People laughing at the price are going to realize he's worth it with 20/7 potential, and it's going to be a bargain come 2016.

The Phoenix situation was head scratching, and you'll never find a post with me saying anything but positives about Dragic all the way back to his days in Houston. Back then he wasn't ready to lead a team, but he started finding his game two or three years ago, and he's a finished product now. I believe the max he's eligible for next year is 18,8M. That's a fair price for a top10 guard with top5 potential. He's elite finishing in the paint and shoots the 3 well enough to create space. He's excellent running the pnr and Spo likes him for the offense he wants to run. He's also tough.

The money isn't a worry at all. PEACE.

parasight

This game got me so hype. Hope the team carries this momentum into the rest of the 2nd half of the season. Tough stretch coming up, but we're a strong road team this year.

The rockets are so terrible lately. So many turnovers, so much reliance on Harden. We're losing almost every other game seemingly. I'd honestly be surprised if they got past the first round at this point, especially considering that Howard probably wont be 100% this season.

Sandfox

Knight is 23 and already at almost the same level.

But then you have to consider Knight now having to play SG and being forced to sacrifice for Bledsoe. Knight might end up as the better player but I don't like him on this team. I obviously need to see him play some games though so it could work for all I know.

I honestly think the Bucks won the trade all things considered and the Suns are basically doing damage control.

Soonri

The rockets are so terrible lately. So many turnovers, so much reliance on Harden. We're losing almost every other game seemingly. I'd honestly be surprised if they got past the first round at this point, especially considering that Howard probably wont be 100% this season.

A reminder that the Mavs and Thunder looked pretty bad yesterday at the start, so maybe it's just rust.

Top Bottom