• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

GamerSoul

I'm hoping for the best with Bosh. He's been my favorite player since he came here. I believe it's something you can make a full recovery from. Seems Teletovic missed time for the same reason. Hopefully it's something less serious than clots.

In more positive news, I commissioned a rgm user Maroko to make a Double Dragon gif for the Dragic bros.
double_dragon_dragic3.gif

PEACE.

Agreed. The guy is genuine and I hope he comes out ok. Get well soon, Bosh.

hah, nice. Can't wait to see them play soon. I can hardly remember the last time the Heat had such a PG (and Center combo). And a disciple of Steve Nash at that. lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Bullshit call. You can't touch the net or the rim when the ball is above the cylinder

Left when the Rockets were down by 20, came back when they got it down to 5, only to see the Rockets lose control of the game again. Sigh. Great effort in the fourth, but that doesn't really matter. Just more inconsistency and reliance on Harden.

Raptors kick the Hawks ass on the road. Cavs kick the Wizards ass on the road. Bulls lose... to the Pistons. Embarrasing. I see the break didn't cure their "Let's not show up against shitty teams" ailment.

Soonri

Kind of an ugly game on both ends, but I'll take the win. Mavs get to play Houston again on the second night of a b2b so yay!

RBK

Banned
I don't either, but Toronto could be very well be a loss even if it's a home game.

I chalk up any Clippers game as an auto L and we do have some favorable games in Minny and BK, but afterwards it's Cavs, Hawks, Memphis straight before the games eases up overall and we might get Howard back by then.

Portland is going to lose tonight, just need other teams to be just as inconsistent as us right now.

I just hope Toronto gets #3 so those other two teams have to knock each other out

The only two teams I would not want to see in the first round is Atlanta or Chicago. Anyone else is fair game. A tougher earlier matchup could help mature their lack of playoff experience and ripen them up more for the road ahead.

dream

Pimpster, people and pundits always look for reasons for Tony Parker's decline, pointing to injuries or being out of rhythm. But do you think it's possible that the true reason is far simpler? Could me be the first part of the Spurs engine to break down? I think there's a fairly common tendency to expect Timmy to be the first to go, but is it possible that Tony's the one who's shot?

so the Lakers 1st rounder is Top 5 protected this year, and Top 3 protected next year....so if Mitch plans this right it's possible we could keep both or our next two picks before having to give it up to Philly via PHX.

I know the Spurs aren't looking good and are on the tail end of a back to back but given how badly they've beaten us over the years... This was a good win. Iggy showing some life on offense and Lee had some good defensive plays.. Go dubs!

maladroid

The rockets have been playing this inconsistent for the past few weeks though. Whenever Harden has a bad game, the Rockets lose.
Since Howard went down (again), Harden has gone for 14/7/6 in a win, and 26/9/7 in a loss on an East roadtrip. He has also gone 40/12/9 for a win and 45/9/8 for a loss against playoff teams (at the time) in the West.

We've played Dallas twice (and split the results) in our last 10 games. In one he went for 17/5/8 and the other, 26/7/5, and yet which one is the one we lost? It really shouldn't just be about Harden. Everybody else needs to lift around him, or we're going to limp into the playoffs with a half-ready (if ready at all) Dwight, and a battered Harden. I don't think it's going to be pretty.

overcast

I didn't watch the game. The Rockets defense has completely become undone. Absolutely garbage lately. I don't care about seeding so much (I see we're still 4th), but this team doesn't have enough going for it to make it past the first round.

maladroid

I didn't watch the game. The Rockets defense has completely become undone. Absolutely garbage lately. I don't care about seeding so much (I see we're still 4th), but this team doesn't have enough going for it to make it past the first round.
In late December, we made trades that brought in reinforcements in Brewer and Shved (for Garcia and Daniels). A bit later, we acquired Smith and had to let go of Black.

Pre-trade (26 games):
ORTG: 101.7 (21st)
DRTG: 97.7 (2nd)
Pace: 97.2 (8th)

Post-trade (27 games):
ORTG: 105.7 (8th)
DRTG: 102.8 (17th)
Pace: 100.09 (2nd)

Not updated for the latest Mavs game, but that wouldn't make things look any better. I just don't get it. Is starting Dorsey instead of Black that much of a difference? Was losing Garcia?

We've missed Dwight in both periods (12 and 9 games, respectively), so it's not just him. And I hesitate to blame our schedule, as well. We played the Dubs in both periods and gave up 98 and 105 points pre-trade, and 131 and 126 post-trade (both with Dwight). What happened?

Well the Heat finally announced that Chris Bosh is out for the season due to blood clots in his lung. The good news is that he is doing okay, and he has a good prognosis.

Top Bottom