• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

So apparently Kobe Bryant didn't waive his trade clause for a trade in 2007 to the Detroit Pistons for Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, and few first round draft selections. Kobe said it wasn't one of the teams that was on his list to be traded to at the time. Top choice was Bulls and Clippers was another choice if I remember as well from other sources. Dumars could have been a top executive of the decade with that heist.

1.gif

Thibs sucked the life out of him. Now Thibs has Jimmy Buckets to do the same to.

No joke Thibs is a monster

"It was severe," Gibson said. "Doctors didn't know what we could do. They put a big cast on my hand. Oh man, I don't wish that on anybody. But it's kind of almost healed up now. (Thibs) said, 'Never give a team any kind of uphill trigger point on you to try to slow your game down.' That's why I always remained quiet and whatever happens, whatever criticism I take, that's what I'm going to take."

Stan Van Gundy is such a great coach. He beat the Bulls with a no name PG. Now his team is styling on the Wizards. Pistons are so making the East. Detroit Basketball is back if not coming back.

Fjordson

Curry resting tonight against Indy because of a sore foot/ankle. Hopefully GS is just taking it easy against a mediocre team (and hopefully we don't lose now to said mediocre team).

Stan Van Gundy is such a great coach. He beat the Bulls with a no name PG. Now his team is styling on the Wizards. Pistons are so making the East. Detroit Basketball is back if not coming back.

To be fair who hasn't been stylin on the Wizards lately ;o

I knew SVG would bring that team back to respectability will be interesting to see what happens with their roster here after the season. They could reload and be competing for more relatively soon.

Beat the Spurs then lose to the Pacers brehs.

Basketball is a trash sport.

Ugh. That's really disappointing that the Pacers won, I really hope they don't make the playoffs.

Also, LOL at how packed the arena was because they are in playoff contention. Last time I watched them play, the arena had plenty of empty seats.

Mory Dunz

Did anyone else just hear the Zelda Main Theme in the Celtics Lakers game????

It was the...pump up sound thing. I don't know the name for it. But baseball has it too. Like synthesized horns?

It played the Zelda Theme for like 25 sec before going into the standard basketball stuff.

I hope it hits youtube.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

It was the...pump up sound thing. I don't know the name for it. But baseball has it too. Like synthesized horns?

It played the Zelda Theme for like 25 sec before going into the standard basketball stuff.

I hope it hits youtube.

They've been doing that all year

Mory Dunz

Oh, I haven't watched a game in months, but I watched a lot before that. Feel dumb for not noticing.

And...Mortal Kombat just played.
Guess it's not rare.

I hope it hits youtube.

It's a prelude to Link becoming their new Mascot ;o

damn Kobe is actually really thoughtful when it comes to basketball. TNT would be a good spot for him if they ever wanted to clean up their fuckery.
I really enjoyed his grantland appearance

Lots of people will always give him shit for being delusional and whatever but I thought a ton of his points were spot on

Simmons should replace Kobe with Jalen

I want to see Kobe's face as Jacoby says... well anything he says.

I've never been a fan of Jalen. He offers very little of substance and drops played out catchphrases like he is a pro wrestler. Kobe would probably do a much better job (and did last night) of offering insight from the players' perspective.

Fjordson

I've never been a fan of Jalen. He offers very little of substance and drops played out catchphrases like he is a pro wrestler. Kobe would probably do a much better job (and did last night) of offering insight from the players' perspective.
Agreed. I used to find Jalen entertaining, but he got really stale for me. Like I used to listen to his podcast with Jacoby, but stopped months ago.

Kobe on the other hand is awesome to listen to. Really hope he gets into broadcasting or analysis in some form after he retires.

Pimpwerx

Agreed. I used to find Jalen entertaining, but he got really stale for me. Like I used to listen to his podcast with Jacoby, but stopped months ago.

Kobe on the other hand is awesome to listen to. Really hope he gets into broadcasting or analysis in some form after he retires.
Kobe is articulate and smart. As much as I dislike the guy as a player, I totally respect him as a basketball mind. He's going to become one of those guys I hated when they played and love when they're on TV.

I always wondered why Bird never got into broadcasting. With the legend of his trash talk, he should be a guy who can fill up a broadcast with inciteful opinions. PEACE.

zychi

Banned
Kobe is articulate and smart. As much as I dislike the guy as a player, I totally respect him as a basketball mind. He's going to become one of those guys I hated when they played and love when they're on TV.

I always wondered why Bird never got into broadcasting. With the legend of his trash talk, he should be a guy who can fill up a broadcast with inciteful opinions. PEACE.

Kobe has always been a media whore. Bird never was.

Pimpwerx

Rio pulled that soccer move from Key and Peele. His soul had left his body and was floating up to heaven when he saw the turnover and came back to life. LOL. PEACE.

Jeez, that was the most bullshit jump ball call I've ever seen. It clearly got blocked and hit down before Dieng recovered it. Never seen such a clear block called a jump ball, haha. Fun game so far, hopefully the refs don't fuck it up for either team though..

Pimpwerx

Heat leading scorer against the 76ers is a 10 day contract player. Lol
When I saw Henry Walker, I thought we found a new dleague prospect that might bud into something great. Then I saw it was bum ass Bill Walker masquerading under an alias. He at least looks in better shape than I last remember. PEACE.

Top Bottom