• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yeah, dude needs to just retire now.

It's just sad at this point.. dude's knees are just fucking brittle.

Fjordson

Holy shit @ Rose's new injury. Feel terrible for him and Bulls fans.

This is what, his third major knee injury in like three and a half years? Even if it sounds like he can come back at some point this year, something ain't right in those legs.

Pimpwerx

Free finals berth for the Cavs. Starless Hawks sounds great and all until the playoffs come and it's star league..
Not gonna bet on that. People still doubting ATL ignore that their style of ball probably doesn't need a playoff gear. I'm a huge proponent of the playoff gear, but I'm not sure the Hawks need it. Ball movement travels, and when the passing lanes start getting shut off, they still have Teague who can get the defense rotating. I don't think the Cavs have anyone who can stay in front of him, so once he's past his man, the ball can be kicked back out and swung around the horn. I liken their game to the Spurs. I don't think they need a superstar, because as a team they are sound. They don't rely on one person to get it done, so playoff defense shouldn't slow them down. We'll see. The Bulls are probably done though. PEACE.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
It's a shame about what happened to Brandon Roy today.

As a blazer fan I kinda sorta hate you for making that comment.

Loved that dude, great guy and great player.. I just imagine having a healthy B-Roy on this team.. not that we'd have Lillard.. but if we did.. a healthy Roy with Lillard and LA... damn.. a man can dream.

outsida

Those knee's are the reason I haven't been hopeful about the bulls chances this year. If he made it through the entire season I could have had a glimmer but this just confirms he's never going to be healthy again.

I've been an 11-game Bulls season ticket holder for the past 10 years but after this season I may finally just give up. I'm tired of having this team come so close to real success only to have the rug pulled out from under them.

Those first 3 years of Rose's career were magical. It's a goddamn shame these last 3 were such a disaster.

Apath

I've been an 11-game Bulls season ticket holder for the past 10 years but after this season I may finally just give up. I'm tired of having this team come so close to real success only to have the rug pulled out from under them.

Those first 3 years of Rose's career were magical. It's a goddamn shame these last 3 were such a disaster.
Don't think I'm putting money down on playoff tickets. No way am I gambling $3k on Rose's knees.

Don't think I'm putting money down on playoff tickets. No way am I gambling $3k on Rose's knees.

The problem is we already paid the invoice for playoff tix last week. 1 game per round. Whatever games they don't play get automatically credited towards next year's ticket plan (assuming we choose to re-up).

Tom Penny

Not gonna bet on that. People still doubting ATL ignore that their style of ball probably doesn't need a playoff gear. I'm a huge proponent of the playoff gear, but I'm not sure the Hawks need it. Ball movement travels, and when the passing lanes start getting shut off, they still have Teague who can get the defense rotating. I don't think the Cavs have anyone who can stay in front of him, so once he's past his man, the ball can be kicked back out and swung around the horn. I liken their game to the Spurs. I don't think they need a superstar, because as a team they are sound. They don't rely on one person to get it done, so playoff defense shouldn't slow them down. We'll see. The Bulls are probably done though. PEACE.

It's not about a playoff gear. It's about close games coming down the stretch and getting the whistle.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

Glad I saw him person during his mvp year. I'm really fucked up over this. Poor guy :/

Man someone pump as many HGH to rose as possible. Shame a player that talented is held back by injuries. A persons knee can only take so much injuries and repair surgeries.

It always makes me cringe that drose jumps so high and almost always lands on one leg so hard.. darn try your best to land on both feet derrick.

Shit, just read about Rose, that sucks. I'd rather they be at full strength especially since we're bound to face them later, but that's a tough break.

The hardest part about all of this is he's genuinely a nice guy. He didn't piss away his career with off the court crimes. Fate / The Basketball Gods decided his body wasn't going to last to have a real career. 3 years. That's all he gets. He could've been one of the best players to ever take the court, and now all of that potential is gone.

Yeah I'm being a bit fatalist, but after the last 3 years I really can't see how he comes back from this again, or how this team can continue on with him as their star. He has to move on, and they have to move on. Hell, even Noah is coming to the end of his rope with his knee / leg issues. The championship window for this group might've just permanently shut.

Happened after the trade deadline too, so they don't have a lot of options. Feel bad for Pau too.

I don't feel that badly for Pau, considering he's already won a couple of titles and this was likely his final contract.

I do feel badly for Noah and Kirk though. They've been through all sorts of ups and downs with this team for so long and will likely never taste championship victory.

Doc Holliday

I don't feel that badly for Pau, considering he's already won a couple of titles and this was likely his final contract.

I do feel badly for Noah and Kirk though. They've been through all sorts of ups and downs with this team for so long and will likely never taste championship victory.

Well let's hope mirotic turns into Dirk Nowitszki, McDermott into bird, and Snell in k. Leonard.....

Kill me now

Vestal

The hardest part about all of this is he's genuinely a nice guy. He didn't piss away his career with off the court crimes. Fate / The Basketball Gods decided his body wasn't going to last to have a real career. 3 years. That's all he gets. He could've been one of the best players to ever take the court, and now all of that potential is gone.

Yeah I'm being a bit fatalist, but after the last 3 years I really can't see how he comes back from this again, or how this team can continue on with him as their star. He has to move on, and they have to move on. Hell, even Noah is coming to the end of his rope with his knee / leg issues. The championship window for this group might've just permanently shut.

The worst part it all is that the system he has played in is built on playing your starters to the fucking ground.

A lot of people praise Thibbs, but we all saw the minutes players have logged under his system.

Doc Holliday

The thing that killed rose was the lock out year. Before that, the guy was injury free, all of a sudden he had nagging injury after nagging injury until finally the acl tore.

Vestal

The thing that killed rose was the lock out year. Before that, the guy was injury free, all of a sudden he had nagging injury after nagging injury until finally the acl tore.

Thibbs also is not very good at protecting his players. I mean come on, I remember looking at Deng gassed as fuck in the ECF against Miami.

Vestal

Wilt played more than 48 minutes a game an entire season. Rose body has betrayed him. Nothing more.

totally different style of players though.. 48 Minutes as Wilt against the competition he had back then is a lot different to what Rose had to play against. Guys now are faster stronger and more athletic than back in the day.

Doc Holliday

Thibbs also is not very good at protecting his players. I mean come on, I remember looking at Deng gassed as fuck in the ECF against Miami.

Yea, thibs is on his way to killing Butler. Just look how many Bulls break down on a regular basis. I'ts ridiculous!

Tom Penny

totally different style of players though.. 48 Minutes as Wilt against the competition he had back then is a lot different to what Rose had to play against. Guys now are faster stronger and more athletic than back in the day.

Pretty much every single great player in the history of the game played big minutes. Tons of them more than Rose per game. The difference is some of their bodies weren't made of glass like Rose.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Holy shit this Rose news :(... what a nosedive it's been for him.

Don't go out on the ledge just yet. A Deadspin article called it a 4-6 week recovery when it happened to Westbrook. Rose could be ready certainly by the playoffs.

4-6 weeks means they would have to remove the meniscus piece... never a smart move.

Man someone pump as many HGH to rose as possible. Shame a player that talented is held back by injuries. A persons knee can only take so much injuries and repair surgeries.

It always makes me cringe that drose jumps so high and almost always lands on one leg so hard.. darn try your best to land on both feet derrick.

Meniscus damage generally isn't from straight legged landings like that, it's twisting or bent knees turning/grinding etc. Straight legged leads to snapped ligaments/bones.

https://twitter.com/kcjhoop/status/570441036880875520

Tear believed not to be as bad as 2013. Hopefully it's like Russell Westbrook.

You never want it to be the shorter recovery... that just means they can't repair it, will just remove it and move on and hope the remaining pieces can hold up. Look what that did for Dwade and Broy.

Rick Carlisle and Rajon Rondo had a heated exchange during that timeout. Never got in each other's faces but shouted across court. Rondo was benched

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/02/24/rick-carlisle-rajon-rondo-coach-verbal-exchange-mavericks-raptors

He's garbage. Glad we salvaged something for him, still should've fleeced someone else while his value was higher.

Mavericks fans how are you gonna justify Rondo getting paid max by your team? Has been really bad lately.

Sucks about Rose. This guy was an MVP for crying out loud and has just fallen off a cliff. Makes me wonder if he just had a natural propensity for injury or if his play style contributed. Maybe that attacking/explosive sort of PG just has a shorter shelf life, like the NBA version of a running back. Makes me worry for Westbrook or guys like Wall.

J2 Cool

I wouldn't even blame Rose if he called it a career, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's back by playoffs..okay a little. Its just a damn shame. A shame for Butler and Pau as well, having great season. And Chicago fans. And Rose, so so brief of a peak. Reminds me of Prior- briefly truly great, predicted hall of fame careers, brought on youth and optimism to Chicago sports. Now we're just left hanging on, and I really thought he was turning a corner to becoming a dependable star on court. Pre-all star break he was playing some of his best ball. :(

I will say, alternative to Brandon Roy, Rose does have a chance to recover. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12378346
You look at it clinically, isolate the problem, and go from there. This doctor breaks it down to the previous meniscus tear may not have healed correctly, could have been bothering him throughout the year. And acknowledges the acl tear, the big one, has been stable since. He hasn't lost his athletic ability entirely from this year, and the meniscus isn't the worst injury he could have had by any means. There's reason to be optimistic, but the pattern of injuries and what its put Rose and the Bulls/Chicago through is the real depression. That said, its a step from Walton and a step from Brandon Roy away. We'll see.

I can't believe this. He was already playing within himself, particularly when attacking the paint and defending. Made the safest medical decisions with his previous injuries too. I just...dunno...

Top Bottom