• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Great team effort by the rockets, we didn't need harden to go off and score 30+ points to win and it was against the clippers, too. Great games for Dmo, Ariza, and most of all Brewer. He played fantastic. Hopefully we can keep this team play going forward.

Also, how long are we going to wear these new uniforms? Its been 3 games in a row now. Not that I'm complaining, they're awesome.

The irony is Duncan is the oldest player on the Spurs, yet he's been outplaying just about everyone. Don't know what happened, but the rest of the team has been garbage.

Wolves game was so much fun tonight, there was just a ton of energy. Can't even believe that I managed to snag $5 college tickets, I had all but given up hope on being able to go for a reasonable price.

Outside of the game, I loved the fat shirtless dancing fan and the whole way that the Timberwolves hyped it up. They had a flashback that they played early in the game (during the ungodly bad start I think) showing a younger fan doing the shirtless dance with KG on his belly back in KG's first sting with the Wolves, which was amazing. But then, towards the end of the game they had a dance cam going and cut to the same fan (noticebly older) who was there with his grandchildren. The kids were hyping him up, trying to get him to dance but he just had the typical "I'm too old for this shit" look on his face and kept refusing. They cut away to other people, but cut back a couple more times before he got up, broke out the dance moves and took off his shirt to reveal the message.

It was way too spectacular to not be staged at least in some fashion, but I really hope that a full video of it surfaces. I know there's a GIF going around of just the guy once he's already shirtless and dancing + KG's reaction, but it was even more amazing to hear/feel the crowd's reaction when the old man stood up, did a few moves and unveiled the full glory, haha.

dream

Man, I sort of realized that the Spurs era is over last week, but seeing the looks on Tony's, Timmy's, Manu's, and Pop's faces on the bench tells me that they know it too. It's sad seeing a great team felled by age.

Man, I sort of realized that the Spurs era is over last week, but seeing the looks on Tony's, Timmy's, Manu's, and Pop's faces on the bench tells me that they know it too. It's sad seeing a great team felled by age.
people said the same thing last few yrs.they will be ok.

Problem is it's not Timmy. Tony does not look good, Manu does not look good, Diaw seems like he got his money and doesn't have a care, and Green is inconsistent as ever.

Two Words

I'm really getting tired of Rick Carlisle acting like the media is out of line with how they ask him questions about Rondo. Whenever he doesn't play Rondo to close a game, he never gives a reason why. Just "coach's decision". When asked what were the reasons behind those "coach's decision" he just says again that it is a "coach's decision". Then he acts like the media is trying to create a story when they're really just asking fair questions that he refuses to answer. If you don't want to answer a question, fine. They can't make you. But it's just silly to act like the question is unfair. You can see Carlisle staring daggers at the media reporter responding to Carlisle's snooty question at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e28TTB7HiBk

It's been a long ass era. The fact they last this long and even somehow won it all and almost won it all the year before is astounding.

Well I guess the Bulls are pretty optimistic Rose can return by the end of the Regular Season. Would be nice to get everyone firing on all cylinders before he comes back.
Would expect a Nate or Will Bynum signing as well

i don't know how i should feel about barely escaping with a victory against the magic. it almost feels like a loss.

people said the same thing last few yrs.they will be ok.

they're over. father time finally caught up with them, but at least they got one more ring out of it before it was all said and done.

Even if they somehow come back next year and are what they were last year they have to deal with a younger and more competitive western division. Portland and Golden State are coming up in the world and the Thunder still have 2 young stars that seem to only get better.

Father time always wins out in the end.

Fjordson

Thank you Sacramento for beating Memphis, basically giving the Warriors back that bad loss at Indiana.

Also lol @ Z-Bo trying to go at Cousins. Love Randolph, but he's got nothing for Boogie.

Beas back in Miami on a 10 day after wrecking China for a while. Wonder if he finally has his shit together or will the duder just mess it up again? In a post-whiteside world, i can believe in beas.

Pimpwerx

Beas back in Miami on a 10 day after wrecking China for a while. Wonder if he finally has his shit together or will the duder just mess it up again? In a post-whiteside world, i can believe in beas.
LOL! Beasley a-fucking-gain? Unbelievable. The dude is a bust. Now he's like herpes in that he just won't go away. I have no idea wtf we're even thinking bringing him back. He's going to still look completely lost on defense, he'll still throw up poor shots at poor efficiency. I mean, the guy couldn't be efficient playing next to LeBron. What hope is there? I'd rather take the awful Ennis play over another stint of shitass Beas. I wanted him to be good too, but I've long realized he will never be even good in this league. PEACE.

4E06A8A3-7A2B-4E13-B66C-C716990C4740.png.jpeg

LOL! Beasley a-fucking-gain? Unbelievable. The dude is a bust. Now he's like herpes in that he just won't go away. I have no idea wtf we're even thinking bringing him back. He's going to still look completely lost on defense, he'll still throw up poor shots at poor efficiency. I mean, the guy couldn't be efficient playing next to LeBron. What hope is there? I'd rather take the awful Ennis play over another stint of shitass Beas. I wanted him to be good too, but I've long realized he will never be even good in this league. PEACE.

well, considering that anderson and UD are aging relics, we need someone young to help at forward while we live in this Bosh-less era. And Riley is probably feeling himself after finding Whiteside picking at a half-eaten mcdonalds burger from a Memphis dumpster. so why not try to go 2 for 2 on reclamation projects?

I really hope that the third time is a charm with Beas. I mean, here is a dude with all the potential in the world that has gotten 3 opportunities to play with a world-class organization like Miami Heat and you've blown 2 of them? Hopefully he will see the errors of his ways and finally provide Miami with the talent he has. We certainly need all the help we can get, and I think that Riley has gone far too many times to the NBDL well and finding gems there.

Pimpwerx

such a waste, so ridiculously talented.
This gets said all the time, but is so far from the truth. He never did one good thing in the NBA on 3 different teams. Not a single lick of good was done by him. I wish he'd take his ridiculously talented ass back to China and just fucking stay there. We're the only masochists signing up for a second bite of the turd pie, much less a third. This is probably the biggest indicator of how shitty this season has become. PEACE.

This gets said all the time, but is so far from the truth. He never did one good thing in the NBA on 3 different teams. Not a single lick of good was done by him. I wish he'd take his ridiculously talented ass back to China and just fucking stay there. We're the only masochists signing up for a second bite of the turd pie, much less a third. This is probably the biggest indicator of how shitty this season has become. PEACE.

Yeah well I can't believe he is leaving China for a 10 day contract. If he wanted to stay in the NBA he could signed with few teams past off season. Lol he can probably make the roster for rest of season for this Heat team.

Heat band is back!

HabeeNo

Anyone else look back fondly on the Lebron's "Decision" in the summer of 2010.

It'll be a long time before we see anything as ridiculous as this. The way every fan in the NBA suddenly hated them. Classic shit.

You're right, looking back it's kinda hard to picture it again...

Having every fan hate a single team because the best player in the league went to team up with another two superstars just to win...

If it happens in the future with my Knicks idgaf, bring it LOL

Pimpwerx

Yeah well I can't believe he is leaving China for a 10 day contract. If he wanted to stay in the NBA he could signed with few teams past off season. Lol he can probably make the roster for rest of season for this Heat team.

Heat band is back!
Last year he played for an unguaranteed minimum contract...and we didn't want s second go of Beas at the minimum. Just let that marinate for a minute. We're only bringing him back because we need to fill a roster slot and he is not only a position of need, but he's willing to work for free, allowing us to avoid the repeater tax. Apparently Blatche wasn't willing to accept a 10-day flyer.

Some other fun Beasley facts:

- He's desired for his offensive talent. Despite shooting over 50%, his ortg was third worst on the team, ahead of only Norris Cole and Joel Anthony.
- When on court, the Heat were -2, a net change of -9.4.

I don't like this guy. I hope he never sees the court and disappears forever after this 10-day contract. I think that's the last comment I'll make on him. PEACE.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Its not far from the truth at all. having talent doesn't mean you know how to use it. guy is loaded with ability give his size. he can score from anywhere. he's a horrible decision maker, with a total lack of a motor, and no drive to correct his faults.

Top Bottom