• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Westbrook is not human, that is all.

jesus

Still can't believe OKC had 1 MVP and 2 potential MVP's on the same team, at the same time!

Worst trade of all time.

Draymond at the 5 is surprisingly effective..

True. And they picked it up in the fourth there.

Yeah, that was nice lol,

The sample size is obviously small and no one in their right mind would ever start Draymond at center but..

Steve Kerr post game quote
“But Draymond’s sort of the key guy because he can play the 5. Looked at some numbers today, when Draymond is at the 5, our defensive rating is just off the charts, like 87.5 per 100 possessions. To give you some context, we’re No. 1 in the league overall, we’re at I think a defensive rating of 98 points allowed per 100 possessions… When Draymond’s at the 5, that number is 87.5. It’s crazy

So now we have evidence that Draymond can play all 5 positions defensively well (I don't think you give up much rebounding either with Draymond at the 5 since he's really good at rebounding)..That's crazy..Obviously you wouldn't lead with that lineup or rely solely on it (Draymond or any undersized defender will eventually get worn down by a bigger post player- Memphis would eat Green alive with their bigs) but that's one helluva weapon when we need to force teams to go small or matchup against small ball.

I think our post defense will be ok as long as Bogut is healthy. Festus Ezeli these last few games has been playing with a ton of energy and confidence on both sides too. Only thing I'm worried about right now is a need for a consistent scorer alongside Steph and Klay (Klay's been in a bit of a of slump lately but he usually plays himself out of it anyways).

Fjordson

The sample size is obviously small and no one in their right mind would ever start Draymond at center but..

Steve Kerr post game quote

So now we have evidence that Draymond can play all 5 positions defensively well (I don't think you give up much rebounding either with Draymond at the 5 since he's really good at rebounding)..That's crazy..Obviously you wouldn't lead with that lineup or rely solely on it (Draymond or any undersized defender will eventually get worn down by a bigger post player- Memphis would eat Green alive with their bigs) but that's one helluva weapon when we need to force teams to go small or matchup against small ball.

I think our post defense will be ok as long as Bogut is healthy. Festus Ezeli these last few games has been playing with a ton of energy and confidence on both sides too. Only thing I'm worried about right now is a need for a consistent scorer alongside Steph and Klay (Klay's been in a bit of a of slump lately but he usually plays himself out of it anyways).
Yeah, really liking what Azeli's been doing. I forgot during his injury how athletic he was.

And yeah, hopefully Klay picks it again soon. Apparently he was back in the arena after last night's game putting up shots.

It seemed like it was only yesterday when everyone was screaming at YNB for taking another ill-advised shot.

His game didn't change much, this new found adoration from the media is puzzling.

Did he shoot over 40% this time? Seems like every time he's getting slobbered for a good performance he shot the ball like 50 times and hit only 33% or so. I get that he's never gonna be a CP3, but it would be nice if he was more efficient.

Fjordson

Did he shoot over 40% this time? Seems like every time he's getting slobbered for a good performance he shot the ball like 50 times and hit only 33% or so. I get that he's never gonna be a CP3, but it would be nice if he was more efficient.
He's shooting 44% last 10 games. Still not great, but not awful. His main weapon is just being more athletic than people and getting to the rim though really. Dude shot 20 free throws last night.

I'm still not a huge fan of YNB's game overall, but I have to give him props for going HAM. Dude is determined to make sure they stay afloat without Durant.

Jonm1010

Banned
His efficieny to usage rate is what turns me off about westbrook. During this stretch of 4 trip/dubs he's like 40% from the field and 16% from three on +30% usage and averaging 5 turnovers.

Give me cp3 all day every day over that.

spyder_ur

I am just catching up on some of the absolutely ABSURD lines and great games put up last night.

The NBA is flat-out awesome right now.

I can't stand YNB's game. Yeah he's an amazing athlete but his shot selection and decision making makes me want to puke.

Also I'm just not a fan of the way the Thunder play in general. There's no cohesion to their offense. That and the worst game I ever watched live was a few years back in Phoenix when the Suns played the Thunder. It was a blow out but the way the Thunder executed was worse than many pick up games..

Steph turns his back to explosions again...

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago
JaVale McGee and Boston couldn't agree on option for next season, league source tells Yahoo. Celtics wanted team option; McGee player option

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
So JaVale McGee is back on the market, as @SteveBHoop first reported.

hahahah

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago
JaVale McGee and Boston couldn't agree on option for next season, league source tells Yahoo. Celtics wanted team option; McGee player option

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
So JaVale McGee is back on the market, as @SteveBHoop first reported.

hahahah

YES!

Into

Cs seem to be doing stuff, i think Ainge is surprised how well they have played this year, they are better without Rondo and Green. Getting that team to the playoffs is certainly possible, and letting them get that experience and bow out in first round is fine. The team is better than several teams that have *tried* to get good and get to playoffs often including 1 major star.

They wanted Thomas for a long time, got him and he has been great to the team so far.

I think Ainge might pull the trigger and go for a superstar or two soon enough.

Great you guys can cut him and the Cavs can bring him back ;p

Although he could get pissy he was cut simply for cap room to bring LeBron back xD

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sager is back tonight.
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/573631653291126784
B_Xy8wfWQAAi4gH.jpg

Nice to see

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Can't believe ppl are hating on Westbrook still. He's putting up historic numbers right now.

Westbrook is great but does he have to mug or do his pistols after every basket he makes?

Also, the calls he gets are over the top. He just clearly traveled, bricked a layup and then got to the line.

E'twan just stripped Westbrook clean on that break; he grabbed E'twan with both arms after the steal! Two FTs.

Ugh, it's going to be brutal when GS gets eliminated in the playoffs after durant and Westbrook average 55 FTs a game.

Top Bottom