• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Official ...Mathews out for season.

Worst stretch of season ending injuries I've seen in the nba dating back to rose's acl.

Soonri

Of course teammates get mad at each other, they always do. It just usually doesn't happen to a playoff team in front of millions on national TV. Thats supposed to be kept in the locker room. Especially surprising coming from a seasoned vet like Richard Jefferson.

I think the Mavs main problem is having a Monta Ellis, Rondo backcourt. I'm a huge Rondo fan but if he's going to be your floor general he needs a competent SG or SF like he had in Boston. Monta Ellis is not that dude.

Wes Matthews will torn left Achilles. =/ Out for the rest of the year.

This was always the big question behind the trade because neither Rondo or Monta are good shooters and shooting is so important in the game today. I said it earlier, the Mavs are going to have to decide between Monta and Rondo at the end of the season unless they make a big splash in the playoffs (not likely).

I'm also not going to say something stupid like, "Rick Carlisle has lost the locker room" over teammates being frustrated on a night where nothing was going right. The only issue at all in the Mavs' locker room this season was Rondo arguing with Carlisle against Toronto, and it's been resolved (so far). In the end the Mavs are still in the same place - 6th seed in the West.

Two Words

Outside of Drik, you're stretching the superstar term.

That Mavs team played one of the best postseasons I can remember.
I was talking about the Celtics and how they got away with Rondo not screwing them up. Rondo has assets, but they are not wanted here on the offensive end.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I was talking about the Celtics and how they got away with Rondo not screwing them up. Rondo has assets, but they are not wanted here on the offensive end.

Rondo not screwing the Celtics teams up? Guy has almost averaged a triple double since he's come in the league. He was as important as the big three. They all played there own role but Rondo was the field general of those Garnett, Pierce and Allen teams.

At 23 during the 2008-2009 playoffs he was averaging 17 PPG, 10 Assists, 10 Rebounds. Those stats remained consistent whenever the Celtics made the playoffs. He was far from a role player.

This was always the big question behind the trade because neither Rondo or Monta are good shooters and shooting is so important in the game today. I said it earlier, the Mavs are going to have to decide between Monta and Rondo at the end of the season unless they make a big splash in the playoffs (not likely).

I'm also not going to say something stupid like, "Rick Carlisle has lost the locker room" over teammates being frustrated on a night where nothing was going right. The only issue at all in the Mavs' locker room this season was Rondo arguing with Carlisle against Toronto, and it's been resolved (so far). In the end the Mavs are still in the same place - 6th seed in the West.

If Cuban has to choose between Ellis and Rondo the decision is easy. And actually you're probably right about the locker room thing.

The Mavs still need time to adjust to Rondo and we'll see if Parsons comes back 100%. Still when the playoffs come Rondo will show up and fuck around and get triple doubles like he always has. Still, Ellis and Rondo should not be on the court at the same time.

Pimpwerx

Saw the Wes Matthews clip. That sucks. Dude was having a career year and was going to get paid. I hope he makes a full recovery. PEACE.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I don't know how anyone could watch those Celtic teams and say this.

I don't know how anyone could watch those Celtic teams and say this.

Rondo was a perfect fit at point when you have 3 HOFs to pass to and to take the double teams. He didn't fall apart so much when that team split up so much as he got exposed as a terribly inefficient scorer and an ok passer.

Rondo couldn't screw that up even if he wanted to. They could've pulled a fan from the crowd to run the point and they would've been an all star.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Rondo was a perfect fit at point when you have 3 HOFs to pass to and to take the double teams. He didn't fall apart so much when that team split up so much as he got exposed as a terribly inefficient scorer and an ok passer.

Rondo couldn't screw that up even if he wanted to. They could've pulled a fan from the crowd to run the point and they would've been an all star.

Have you seen the PG play of the Heat the last few years?

Bowser

Are we sure Durant is better than Westbrook?

ibogqNIufVkuh1.gif

Are we sure Durant is better than Westbrook?

The Thunder would have probably beaten the Bulls with Durant in the lineup and Westbrook out.

He scored thousands of points(got away with tons of shit too) but at the end, he didn't hit the shots because he's not a great shooter, he's a streaky one.

Durant is a great shooter and would have had a better shot to hit them when they counted the most.

Have you seen the PG play of the Heat the last few years?

I have, but they got away with it because they had either lebron or wade attending to the point most of the time.

which is why this year the point situation was so terrible. Chalmers and Cole got super duper exposed, and thank fucking goodness we have Goran on our team now.

boston's big three weren't really well known as distributors, Lebron and Wade were, so Boston really benefitted from having an ok PG and thats all Rondo is. You certainly don't want him shooting the ball and he's not a terrific generator. Just hohum really.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I have, but they got away with it because they had either lebron or wade attending to the point most of the time.

which is why this year the point situation was so terrible. Chalmers and Cole got super duper exposed, and thank fucking goodness we have Goran on our team now.

boston's big three weren't really well known as distributors, Lebron and Wade were, so Boston really benefitted from having an ok PG and thats all Rondo is. You certainly don't want him shooting the ball and he's not a terrific generator. Just hohum really.

The celts had good shooters, and even still Rondo was a blip in 07, he didn't become a larger focus until the playoffs the year after. He causes tension in the locker room and he can't finish. He effectively caused Ray to skip town. He can't finish with consistency, he can't shoot to save his life, and even when he is capable of drawing contact, it's not a good choice given his disastrous FT percentage. He had a few decent years racking in steals, because he would go for the home run, and given how stuffed up the lane was with KG/Perk it didn't matter if his guys beat him to the lane. He's never been a GREAT on ball defender.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I fucking hate Charlotte.

I hate taking the D from them every damn time we play them.

I'm tired of taking this D, I'm tired!

Top Bottom