• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Bowser

That was the play Brooks drew up?

VQjroYb.gif

Are we talking legitimate kids or just kids in general? Because here in Seattle one out of every 10th kid in the hood claims to be a child of Mr. Kemp.

Source: I live in Seattle... I've witness it first hand. You know when you do volunteer work wearing Sonics gear and a kid runs up to you saying "you like the Sonics? Shawn Kemp my dad." You think they are joking but after the 20th one you start to wonder.

Joking/ripping aside, I will still never forget when Kemp went out of his way to enter the mobbed celebratory Bulls' locker room to congratulate the players.

Classy ass move.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Sean Kemp does, it caused him to have 6 kids instead of 6 championships.

Speaking of which I think I read on Grantland that Seattle and Chicago had a trade in place around 1992 - Pippen for Kemp. I think that was the parties involved but I remember being surprised because I never heard of the Bulls trying to trade Pippen.

Speaking of which I think I read on Grantland that Seattle and Chicago had a trade in place around 1992 - Pippen for Kemp. I think that was the parties involved but I remember being surprised because I never heard of the Bulls trying to trade Pippen.

That was the 94 draft after the 93-94 season. Reports were that it was done deal.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Found it and some other fascinating trades that never happened:

Summer 1994: With MJ playing baseball and the Bulls still reeling from the Scottie Pippen/Game 3/Knicks/timeout debacle, Chicago nearly pulled off a Shawn Kemp–for-Pippen swap (with other pieces) before smartly backing off and winning three more titles after MJ returned. Lemme just Google it to make sure that’s what happened. Whoa, Seattle backed out!!! See, you need a little luck with these things.

Fall of 1992: Houston offers an unhappy Hakeem to Miami for a then-Godfather offer (Steve Smith, Rony Seikaly AND Glen Rice). Miami counters with a lesser offer: Seikaly, Grant Long and Harold Miner. Eventually, Houston backs away … and Hakeem rips off one of the greatest three-season stretches in the history of the center position

Summer 1984: Then–Sixers owner Harold Katz claims that he offered Julius Erving to Chicago for the no. 3 overall pick (Michael Jordan) … and it nearly happened, until then–Chicago GM Rod Thorn said no. This would have been the supersize monstrosity version of Washington’s disastrous Richmond-for-Webber trade, which briefly broke my brain.

http://grantland.com/features/2015-nba-trade-value-part-2-the-temple-of-doom/

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Mavericks melting down and this time it has nothing to do with Rondo. Stick a fork in them.

Apparently it wasn't Rondo looks like Rick Carlise has lost control of the locker room.

Two Words

People who say it isn't Robdo don't get how Robdo affects the offense even when he's not shooting badly. He simply gets no coverages watch any game with Rondo on the court. If he's on the perimeter, there isn't a defender within 6 ft of him. It clogs the spacing completely. This Rondo gamble was idiotic. I always hated the idea of him on this team.

Soonri

Mavericks melting down and this time it has nothing to do with Rondo. Stick a fork in them.

Apparently it wasn't Rondo looks like Rick Carlise has lost control of the locker room.

LOL ok, so teammates don't ever get frustrated at each other during games.

I've already said plenty about Rondo, but this team badly misses Chandler Parsons (and guards who don't suck at times).

Hope Wes Matthews is ok.
E: Confirmed ACL tear. Sigh.

People who say it isn't Robdo don't get how Robdo affects the offense even when he's not shooting badly. He simply gets no coverages watch any game with Rondo on the court. If he's on the perimeter, there isn't a defender within 6 ft of him. It clogs the spacing completely. This Rondo gamble was idiotic. I always hated the idea of him on this team.

While I agree, the Mavs weren't going to go anywhere with Jameer Nelson giving up 30+ points to whoever he was guarding. They needed to make an upgrade at point guard (I wanted an uninjured George Hill), or even just a guard who can guard 1s and 2s while hitting 3s. In the end the Mavs are 40-23...but it sucked to watch tonight.

RBK

Banned

It's been that way for years when he was in Boston, it's not just him.

"Portland’s Wesley Matthews suffered a left torn Achilles tendon and will miss the rest of season, a league source tells Yahoo Sports." - @WojYahooNBA

:(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
LOL ok, so teammates don't ever get frustrated at each other during games.

I've already said plenty about Rondo, but this team badly misses Chandler Parsons (and guards who don't suck at times).

Hope Wes Matthews is ok.

Of course teammates get mad at each other, they always do. It just usually doesn't happen to a playoff team in front of millions on national TV. Thats supposed to be kept in the locker room. Especially surprising coming from a seasoned vet like Richard Jefferson.

I think the Mavs main problem is having a Monta Ellis, Rondo backcourt. I'm a huge Rondo fan but if he's going to be your floor general he needs a competent SG or SF like he had in Boston. Monta Ellis is not that dude.

Wes Matthews will torn left Achilles. =/ Out for the rest of the year.

Top Bottom