• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

In all my Dragic list, I forgot one of my NBA rules: players acquired from Phoenix almost always break down the next season. I was high on Goran since his Houston days, but it's kinda worrying that as soon as he comes here, he starts missing time for injuries. PEACE.

That one game against PHX was like a damn MMA match. Dude was getting hit on every drive.

Wade on Whiteside hit.
B_tHytNUsAAafC_.jpg:large

We need Kevin Hart to give advice to Whiteside.

Fjordson

Wasn't the word on Whiteside that he had some weird personality quirks? I remember a Dan Lebatard interview with some former NBA scout that talked about how he was delusional and kind of a douche. I mean there had to be some reason a 7 footer with his physical tools almost drifted out of the league. Hopefully he can reign in a little bit, though. Gonna get gooned by some bench warmer eventually and/or be out of the league again.

---

Nice win tonight by the Dubs. Curry with another seven 3's! Shooting 53% from deep after the all-star break.

Wasn't the word on Whiteside that he had some weird personality quirks? I remember a Dan Lebatard interview with some former NBA scout that talked about how he was delusional and kind of a douche. I mean there had to be some reason a 7 footer with his physical tools almost drifted out of the league. Hopefully he can reign in a little bit, though. Gonna get gooned by some bench warmer eventually and/or be out of the league again.

---

Nice win tonight by the Dubs. Curry with another seven 3's! Shooting 53% from deep after the all-star break.

He's completely delusional. LeBatard asked him who his game should remind people of and he unabashedly said David Robinson and Alonzo Mourning lol

I think he's really still just a little kid, really immature. I don't think he's a bad person, I think he's grown up an overconfident kid and never changed.

He also might be totally obsessed with 2k and wants to live his life out the way 2k myCareer mode does. udonis haslem went into that locker room tonight and gave him that cut scene

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

---

As long as he can keep those ankles intact, he should shatter Ray's 3 point record.

Fjordson

As long as he can keep those ankles intact, he should shatter Ray's 3 point record.
That would be great. I just pray to the bball gods that he does it in a Golden State uniform.

He also might be totally obsessed with 2k and wants to live his life out the way 2k myCareer mode does. udonis haslem went into that locker room tonight and gave him that cut scene
Lmfao.

kttcolidead

I agree though, doubt he's a bad guy. Just needs to mature a bit.

Man, Whiteside needs to not let his baby bullshit ruin his chances. Dude is a legit 5, no need to go back to being petty and selfish about bullshit.

Hope the team can help him realize this, but dude has a history of not really listening too well.

GamerSoul

I love Whiteside but man this is not looking to good. Hopefully he can redirect that emotion into dunks and great plays because i don't think teams are going to back down from pestering him. Especially if it can be done without their best talent. Last thing he needs is for teams to key in on his fustration..which they will.

I love Whiteside but man this is not looking to good. Hopefully he can redirect that emotion into dunks and great plays because i don't think teams are going to back down from pestering him. Especially if it can be done without their best talent. Last thing he needs is for teams to key in on his fustration..which they will.

Yeah clearly other teams know that he's a hothead and are leveraging his stupidity against him. You'd think he'd start listening to someone as he got older but he still seems to be playing like he's 17.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Whatever happens it'll be a great playoffs. I think the West will beat itself up so bad Lebron and the Cavs will win the title this year.

Golden State would have to possibly play a fucking around and getting a triple double Westbrook and Thunder team. It would be a Golden State upset of Dallas (2007?) type series.

overcast

I feel like in the midst of Westbrook's hype Anthony Davis' out of this fucking world play has been a little unrecognized.

He went 17-23 last night from the field. Absolutely unstoppable. Don't want to take anything away from YNB.

Fjordson

I feel like in the midst of Westbrook's hype Anthony Davis' out of this fucking world play has been a little unrecognized.

He went 17-23 last night from the field. Absolutely unstoppable. Don't want to take anything away from YNB.
Totally. Davis is a beast. Sucks that we may not see him in the playoffs again.

HabeeNo

The hope for New Orleans basketball. We see those crazy stats on the reg, and it is still madness to think that he's only 21 years old.

If healthy, he can be the best player in the league in 4 years

overcast

Davis is a top 5 player in the league already. He's the first player I would pick in a draft right now.

I'm actually older than him too, fuck :[

Yeah clearly other teams know that he's a hothead and are leveraging his stupidity against him. You'd think he'd start listening to someone as he got older but he still seems to be playing like he's 17.
If kelly fucking olynyk got him all hot and bothered I wonder what ancient KG would do to him...

Poppovich must have put the fear of God in this team. It's like night and day between what I've seen the past couple of months. Hopefully everyone just gets healthy.

Spurs 6th seed now. Only a half game behind the Clippers for the 5th seed.if they play they're cards right and stop sucking, maybe they can get to the 4th seed. Anything to avoid Houston. James Harden scares the crap out of me.

Nice win for the Cavs against a quality opponent on the road!

Big one with the Spurs tomorrow for a really tough back to back.

Oh, and that tribute to Marion was nice. Hope he can give some quality contribution once he's back.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
There's at least a lot of big name talent on that roster.

Underachieving is a better way to describe the Pelicans.

Pretty much in name only.

Tyreke has been as streaky and unreliable as it gets since that Rookie Season
Jrue Holiday for some reason can't stay on the floor
Ryan Anderson is MEHHHHH
Eric Gordon is a joke
Asik is passable.

Pretty much nobody else. Their big signings have not panned out. Hopefully it improves, don't want to see him waste away down there.

RBK

Banned
Spurs 6th seed now. Only a half game behind the Clippers for the 5th seed.if they play they're cards right and stop sucking, maybe they can get to the 4th seed. Anything to avoid Houston. James Harden scares the crap out of me.

Don't think the Spurs would beat us in a 7 game series, but it won't be a cakewalk.

I wouldn't worry about the Rockets unless Howard can come back in decent shape. Harden doesn't get the same calls in the playoffs and there's no one else on the team to pick up the slack.

I wouldn't worry about the Rockets unless Howard can come back in decent shape. Harden doesn't get the same calls in the playoffs and there's no one else on the team to pick up the slack.
I just remember that one series where Spurs got backroom swept how Harden was a large reason for that, and how the Spurs just never seem to have an answer for him during the regular season. Playoffs are a different beast I kniw, but they represent a big unknown.

Top Bottom