• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

RELAYER

Banned
So Ibaka is out 4-6 weeks. Is OKC done? No? Maybe?

10 of their last 15 are at home, so they have that going for them. But 11 of the 15 are against teams either in or fighting for playoff spots.

Boston
Atlanta
Miami
LA Lakers
@ San Antonio
@ Utah
@ Phoenix
Dallas
@ Memphis
Houston
San Antonio
Sacramento
@ Indiana
Portland
Minnesota

I'm giving them the wins in bold. I'm giving some maybes to the games in italics. Those remaining games, are they winning any of them?

Kind of also depends on what you think New Orleans will do during that same span.

Kind of also depends on what you think New Orleans will do during that same span.

Just looking at that, New Orleans has a tougher slate with 9 of their last 15 on the road, and they have 10 games against playoff teams or contenders.

@ Phoenix
@ Golden State
@ LA Clippers
Houston
Sacramento
Minnesota
@ LA Lakers
@ Sacramento
@ Portland
Golden State
@ Memphis
Phoenix
@ Houston
@ Minnesota
San Antonio

At least they get Minnesota twice.

Misterhbk

I wonder if Kerr will "rest" players against the Pelicans lol

Neither team has an easy road to the end of the season. It'll be close in the end. Fun finish. OKC has to hope the Pelicans lose more than they do though because the Pelicans hold the tie breaker.

RELAYER

Banned
I think a lot of it also depends on when KD comes back. OKC desperately needs a good shooter instead of just relying on either Westbrook to get to the basket or Adams to rebound or tip in bricks at the rim. Dudes like Waiters and fucking Kyle Singler putting up airballs is just sad.

Kinda worried about the Hawks game tonight without Klay. Was going to enjoy the advantage since Korver is out but oh well :lol

They're missing two of their rotation players too. Plus there isn't that much to play for given that the hawks have locked up the 1 seed in the East and the dubs have like a 6 game advantage over Memphis in the West ( I guess homecourt advantage during the finals.. but even then).

If OKC sneaks into that #8 spot and gets fully or almost fully healthy by game 1 against golden state, they will be the most dangerous 8 seed since....Golden State in 2007

Fjordson

They're missing two of their rotation players too. Plus there isn't that much to play for given that the hawks have locked up the 1 seed in the East and the dubs have like a 6 game advantage over Memphis in the West ( I guess homecourt advantage during the finals.. but even then).
True. I keep forgetting how little time is left in the season. Should be able to stay at #1 in the west.

If OKC sneaks into that #8 spot and gets fully or almost fully healthy by game 1 against golden state, they will be the most dangerous 8 seed since....Golden State in 2007
That makes me nervous but...I think Golden State would take it. 30-2 at home this year is nothing to sneeze at.

Lubricus

Good story on ESPN about the Warriors and Hawks.
When critics dismiss the June prospects of the conference-leading Atlanta Hawks and Golden State Warriors, they look not to the future but to the past:

"The Warriors are a jump-shooting team that lacks deep playoff experience."

The latter charge holds some weight with so many past champions steeped in postseason memories.

"The Hawks don't have a superstar, the defining feature of many a title winner."

That's also true. Atlanta is powered by mere stars.

But while the past is a good guide to what typically works, it can blind you to imminent change. There's that old saying about how generals always fight the last war. Technology warps the battlefield in ways these generals can't predict, as they draw on quickly outdated experience. France began World War I employing the Napoleonic-era tactic of bayonet charges -- the battlefield equivalent of isolation post-ups. (Spoiler alert: It worked about as well as Flip Saunders' curmudgeonly rejection of 3-pointers.)

As Warriors coach Steve Kerr says, when asked if a jump-shooting team can win a title, "the game has changed." The game has indeed changed. Three-pointers are in, isolation post-ups are out. Hero ball is out, moving the ball is in...
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12507922/nba-how-hawks-warriors-challenge-nba-old-school

As a Hawks fan I enjoyed it.

That dubs squad got healthy prior to the last 15 games of the season (it was only J Rich that was hurt). I dunno if it's wise long term to rush Durant back from a surgically repaired foot. Even if Ibaka and Durant come back just in time for the playoffs, it's going to be tough for them to play themselves back into shape in a 7 gave playoff series.

spyder_ur

Smart's looking pretty good right now.

Hell yes his stroke lookin NiCe keeping that ball up. His d is suffocating, they're legit on the perimeter.

Smart's playing great. I'm not surprised he and Bradley got up for this game. Those two can absolutely lock down backcourts.

Barley winning even though he got in a mini zone. They should be up bigger but that Phil Pressey guy..

Pressey experiment needs to be over - they've given him every opportunity and now they have way better options.

Blazers vs Heat is getting "heated". Haven't watched the Heat since I was at the game in Portland earlier this season. Its like watching a completely different team now, they must really want to get a playoff run in.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Wiggins needs two more points otherwise he's going to have to look at a record book in two decades and have this reaction:

"Record: Most points scored by a Canadian in their first game in Canada, #1 Jamaal Magloire #2 Andrew Wiggins what the fuck?"

RBK

Banned
I hope Dwight comes back soon. The Rockets are basically in their last reprieve before playing a bunch of hard teams.

I want to remain optimistic, but the knee is going to be problematic in the playoffs.

Don't believe he'd be sitting out this long otherwise, we're way pay 6, almost 7 weeks now.

Pimpwerx

Legit good win tonight. Two wins against playoff teams. That's something to build on. We had it rough with the refs, and LMA was beating, but everyone did a little bit for that W. Feels good, man. PEACE.

Finally, this team looks good. Of course it's cause Wade decided to play like Wade, just keep it up and we get into the playoffs. Give us Lebron.

Finally, this team looks good. Of course it's cause Wade decided to play like Wade, just keep it up and we get into the playoffs. Give us Lebron.

No you already had him. :p

and nice Cavs win, but against a team like Brooklyn, it was expected. Had a nice LeBron slam, and they even put up an "I must break you" for Mozgov when he had a couple slams. lol

If the playoffs started today, we'd have Cavs/Heat aka LeBron's worst nightmare

His worst nightmare is giving his old team a quick first round exit?

Cloudy

Banned
His worst nightmare is giving his old team a quick first round exit?

Cavs would win but it wouldn't be quick. In fact, it'd probably be the toughest matchup for Miami in the East outside of Atlanta IMO.

Top Bottom