• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

TraBuch

Banned
Why does it seem like JJ Redick gets 10 points in the first quarter and then like five in the next three combined all the time?

random25

Pacers continuing to play with my heart...now out of the top 8 with the recent loss (and Celtics and Heat wins).

Brad Stevens continues to impress. I like that coach.

His worst nightmare is giving his old team a quick first round exit?

Deng can give Lebron some problems, he won't stop him completely but he will wear him down. I think the series will depend on how well Kyrie plays. Miami has been playing excellent defense the past couple of months, and I could see them giving him some problems too.

The Heat could certainly pull off the upset. It definitely won't be a quick series, I think it will go at least 6 games.

Tom Penny

Who is that in your avatar? Hawt

The talented Charlotte Mckinney

tumblr_nd0jx3ir9d1tlbkh7o2_400.gif

Barbosa should get at least 1pt for that shot. That shit almost went in..

I just tuned in and the game seems over now. GS got the hawks on tape... now Time to play some 1886.

JNA

Banned
I really wanted Exum but it turns out Mitch might have found a guy just as good in the 2nd round. Really hope Clarkson develops as a PG.

Jordan Clarkson is such a baller man. Dude is now 6th in the rookie ladder and a candidate for Western Conference Rookie of the Month of March!

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/featur...3/18/2014-15-rookie-ladder-week-20/index.html

Freaking love him! The guy has the fire and confidence. I have no doubt Lakers landed a huge steal with him and will likely be the future PG of the team.

Here are his stats for March:

14.3 Pts
4.7 Ast
4.7 Reb

What's freaky is that his numbers since he officially became a starter are similar to Russell Westbrook's rookie numbers.

That's not to say that Clarkson is the next Westbrook or anything but man if he even turns out half as good...what a pickup lol.

JNA

Banned
C2xkH.png

I doubt it.. If they were to play in todays NBA they will probably have around 6 wins or less right at this point of the season.

Considering that the entire starting lineup for Kentucky are first round picks and McDonald's all american players, I'd say that they are at the very least more talented than the 76ers team besides Noel at the moment.

Hell, Towns and WCS are better than anything the 76ers have at the moment.

Heck, isn't their backup bigman Trey Lyles projected to be a late first round pick? That Kentucky team is deep as fuck.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Considering that the entire starting lineup for Kentucky are first round picks and McDonald's all american players

That doesn't necessarily meany anything, we've seen a lot of those kind of players flame out once they hit the NBA.

Fjordson

Kentucky's starting front court could compete with a few shitty teams. Towns and Cauley-Stein are legit future pros, as is Trey Lyles, but overall? Nah. And playoffs? LB please.

Meier

So cool to see how Elfrid has grown and improved over the course of the season. We have such talented youngsters, if we could get a legit big name 3 or 4 to supplement Oladipo, Payton and Vucevic, I think we'd be right there in the top 4 in the East...

JNA

Banned
So cool to see how Elfrid has grown and improved over the course of the season. We have such talented youngsters, if we could get a legit big name 3 or 4 to supplement Oladipo, Payton and Vucevic, I think we'd be right there in the top 4 in the East...

Do you think Magic will let go of Tobias Harris?

Bread

Banned
Considering that the entire starting lineup for Kentucky are first round picks and McDonald's all american players, I'd say that they are at the very least more talented than the 76ers team besides Noel at the moment.

Hell, Towns and WCS are better than anything the 76ers have at the moment.

Heck, isn't their backup bigman Trey Lyles projected to be a late first round pick? That Kentucky team is deep as fuck.
Lmao

JNA please

Bread

Banned
What? I never said they were close to a playoff team though.

Besides Jrich and Noel, how many players on the 76ers were drafted?
It really doesn't matter where you're drafted, that's not a real argument towards how good a team is. When you've got a team of 18-19 year old college kids against NBA players, they just aren't going to win.

JNA

Banned
It really doesn't matter where you're drafted, that's not a real argument towards how good a team is. When you've got a team of 18-19 year old college kids against NBA players, they just aren't going to win.

So let's say for example you have high school Lebron james, college towns and WCS, Russel and say...college Elfrid payton.

You don't think they would stand a chance together against at least the worst team in the league? Just because of their age?

What? I never said they were close to a playoff team though.

Besides Jrich and Noel, how many players on the 76ers were drafted?

They're not even close to a bottom feeder NBA team. These kids just aren't ready to compete at an NBA level. Just think about how few rookies come out looking good right away.

JNA

Banned
They're not even close to a bottom feeder NBA team. These kids just aren't ready to compete at an NBA level. Just think about how few rookies come out looking good right away.

I'm not talking about the bench warmers for Kentucky.

Yes we have no idea how good any of them will be just like we never do with any player coming out of high school or college, however, I think considering most players 76ers have that will likely not even have a job next season would AT LEAST have a chance against them.

Yes, in the grand scheme of things, those all American awards mean almost jack, however, wit Kentucky as stacked as they are with their lineup, and when their backup is even a projected first rounder, I would think they would have a chance.

Playoffs? No of course not. They would be a bottom feeding team but I don't think as bad as some people think.

LOL, not a chance. First of all they are not going to land any big free agents. Even if they landed a decent free agent they would be way behind Cleveland, Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, and Indiana. I wouldn't put them ahead of Toronto or Washington either. The Hornets and Bucks are much better up and coming teams. I don't see the Magic making the playoffs anytime soon.

Oladipo is pretty good, but I bet he will be leaving once his contract is up.

just realized we came this close to a spurs two-peat
Ray-Allen-Hits-Three-to-Force-OT-Game-6-NBA-Finals.gif

JNA

Banned
LOL, not a chance. First of all they are not going to land any big free agents. Even if they landed a decent free agent they would be way behind Cleveland, Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, and Indiana. I wouldn't put them ahead of Toronto or Washington either. The Hornets and Bucks are much better up and coming teams. I don't see the Magic making the playoffs anytime soon.

Oladipo is pretty good, but I bet he will be leaving once his contract is up.

I only hope Tobais Harris leaves and the Magic don't look to resign him. Would love for the Lakers to pick him up while drafting with Towns, Okafor, Russell or WCS in the process. :D

Well, either Harris or Khris Middleten. Whichever is fine with me.

Top Bottom