• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Fjordson

It's a shame the Spurs had to settle for the one-peat.
Better than a none-peat
sabu.png

Setback for Kevin Durant

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237126/Kevin-Durant-Removed-From-Basketball-Activities

Kevin Durant has been removed from all basketball activities by the Oklahoma City Thunder. There is no timetable for when Durant will be ready to play.

Durant first underwent surgery on his right foot before the season and returned faster than expected. Durant underwent a second minor procedure in February to relieve soreness.

Durant was getting closer to a return before suffering a relapse of soreness this week.

"His health is the most important thing," said Sam Presti.

Durant has not been ruled out for the rest of the season, but he hasn't been recovering the way that the Thunder had anticipated. Presi said Durant is out indefinitely and will not return until the soreness in his foot goes away.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, it's best to shut KD down. I'm pretty sure everything is thinking about how foot injuries sidelined and ruined so many careers over the years.

days ago...
Knowing the Thunder medical staff he'll probably wake up missing a foot.

SudhOsc.gif

87CzqWWl.jpg

How each star scored their 50+ points.

...lol.
wow. only 12 makes to reach 50 points? damn. I'm not even mad anymore he gets to the line that much. Dude has mastered the art of fishing for fouls. On a side note, among those 4 Kyrie had the highest difficulty in reaching 50+. Almost every shot is contested

iamblades

Foot/lower leg injuries are a bitch to heal properly because of the limited blood flow.

Just ask Sam Bowie and Bill Walton.

Sure Durant is carrying less weight, but if the bone doesn't knit properly because of the limited blood flow, it doesn't really matter how much weight you put on it, it's going to be sore forever.

That sucks, it seemed like there wasn't even THAT much contact on the play.

Shun

RIP OKC, goes to show you don't fuck with Based God. Lil B haunting him 4 years later.

Regardless this does amazing things for the league if things go right.

Anthony Davis and Pels make the playoffs, giving him post season experience and development as GOAT clutch big man. Davis really needs this development as a player and this is gonna have such a great effect on the league long term.

KD leaves Thunder. Lacob, empty your wallets cause DeMarcus Cousins to come to Golden State.

Anthony Davis and Utah Jazz gon take the league by surprise by 2016.

Based Adam Silver, let this happen don't be a David Stern.

Going to the Warriors Pelicans game tonight. Of course I want the Warriors to win, but I do hope the brow is healthy enough to play.

As a W fan and as much as I want them to win, I just want Anthony Davis to win tonight so they make the postseason. Dubs didn't break the 72-10, they might be on course for 69-13 but who cares at that point. They're top seed, they basically got HCA for the finals, let the Pels take this one. Dude needs the playoff experience and Dubs should take that rest.

So to those saying the W's should avoid facing the Thunder in the first round....do you think the dubs just don't match up well against the Thunder or is it more of a no no.1 seed wants to face them kind of deal? I can understand the latter since they do have championship caliber talent on a healthy year with things clicking but I totally disagree with the sentiment that they counter the Warriors specifically. Memphis and San Antonio counter the Warriors' lineup more directly.

KingGondo

Banned
So to those saying the W's should avoid facing the Thunder in the first round....do you think the dubs just don't match up well against the Thunder or is it more of a no no.1 seed wants to face them kind of deal? I can understand the latter since they do have championship caliber talent on a healthy year with things clicking but I totally disagree with the sentiment that they counter the Warriors specifically. Memphis and San Antonio counter the Warriors' lineup more directly.
It's an irrelevant discussion now.

OKC has no chance without KD and Ibaka.

Shun

This isn't a case where the 07 Warriors were a known mismatch against the Dallas Mavericks.

It's not like they don't want to face them. They would just rather do it later when OKC's team starts gassing out due to all those 40 minute games. I firmly believe the Warriors are capable of dispatching the Thunder within 6 games when they are healthy. Warriors are better playing small and using the mismatch on their larger lineup. The Dubs also shoot better and are more efficient. Scott Brooks also sucks ass at managing minutes, the deeper the postseason the more gassed out the Thunder stars are gonna be.

Plus when you look back at the Warriors in the postseason and how HUNGRY Draymond and the rest of the team gets when it counts, they have that dynamic and sense of urgency to win it. There were so many times during the past postseasons where Draymond played like the only one who wanted to win. Dubs are still able to step it up to another level when it counts in the postseason. We saw that with Denver/San Antonio and with LA when they played without Ezeli or Bogut.

When healthy and not playing fuckball (Boris Diaw/Parker), San Antonio more so than Memphis as a matchup counter.

Memphis plays big and the Warriors are able to outpace and outscore them with a mismatch on a small line up. They may have trouble with rebounds but they can make it up with their defense and their shooting so long as their turnover ratio stays low.

Edit: Fuck AD, Asik, and injured Tyreke Evans...

Another good win for the Heat! It will be an interesting game on Sunday against OKC.

Now I need the Bucks to lose, so we can have an outside chance at the 6th seed.

Another good win for the Heat! It will be an interesting game on Sunday against OKC.

Now I need the Bucks to lose, so we can have an outside chance at the 6th seed.

Depends on how long Wade continues on his resurrection tour. With Durant and Ibaka out, you guys are playing them at the right time for sure.

Oh, and Bucks have lost 9 of 11, and their remaining schedule is brutal. I'd say chances are good they slip out of the 6 seed.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Cavs want none of the Pacers in the playoffs. They always play them tough. Lebron and company need to learn how to run some plays in the last two minutes.

Mozgov certainly needs to be in the game in the 4th more. Final play of the game was hilarious seeing him jump up and down and wave his gigantic arms trying to disrupt the inbounds pass, which worked.

Depends on how long Wade continues on his resurrection tour. With Durant and Ibaka out, you guys are playing them at the right time for sure.

Oh, and Bucks have lost 9 of 11, and their remaining schedule is brutal. I'd say chances are good they slip out of the 6 seed.

To be fair, it's more than just D Wade playing well. Dragic has made a huge difference in the pace of our offense, and Deng has been on fire lately. Haslem has been giving us solid minutes too.

Now the Bucks are 1.5 games ahead of Miami and we play them on Tuesday. I like our chances to win that game.

Cavs want none of the Pacers in the playoffs. They always play them tough. Lebron and company need to learn how to run some plays in the last two minutes.

Exactly why they should want them in the playoffs. Ain't nobody in CLE scared of the Pacers winning 4 games against the fuckin Cavs, bro. Heat too, though they're playing well enough to snatch the #6 seed from the Bucks who forgot how to play basketball. Any of those 3 teams will give the Cavs a good foundation for the following round.

dream

I'm starting to believe in my Clips again. Just in time to get assfucked by the Grizzlies for the 90th straight year. Sigh.

Top Bottom