• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Fjordson

So to those saying the W's should avoid facing the Thunder in the first round....do you think the dubs just don't match up well against the Thunder or is it more of a no no.1 seed wants to face them kind of deal? I can understand the latter since they do have championship caliber talent on a healthy year with things clicking but I totally disagree with the sentiment that they counter the Warriors specifically. Memphis and San Antonio counter the Warriors' lineup more directly.
Without home court advantage I'd be dreading that matchup, even without KD. But Golden State is crazy at home and now Ibaka is out? I honestly think we'd take it in 5 games.

Fifth best home point-differential in NBA history and a 31-2 home record. That's the definition of home court advantage.

Blablurn

griffin.0.jpg

Shun

Yeah I just saw it too. First he shoves a fan last year in college, now he's punching another player's marbles.

Smart has got anger issues or something.

Lakers shoulda drafted him so he learn from Kobe. This new Cs team is too nice for him.

Well today's games seem interesting.

I hope Houston wins. That way Portland can win and send Hou closer to 2nd.

Then I want Portland and Memphis to lose all of the rest of their games lol

Cheddahz

Banned
Steve Nash just announced his retirement.

I got to see Steve Nash play in person (whenever he was with the Mavericks) in 2004 against the Rockets and seeing him play and the way he played made me fall in love with the sport

I think he probably should had retired last year, but when it's all said and done, he's going to go down as a great and he deserves that honor

Bad loss for the Rockets. With Memphis' win tonight, the Rockets have no chance at the #2 spot. If Josh Smith is out for an extended period of time, thats big trouble.

This is pretty funny..in only 35 games Kobe is still number one lol

J4lUvgf.png

Dude was single handedly carrying my fantasy team before that injury lol. that Randle numbers tho. He was my ROTY pick. I feel like I jinxed the dude.

Steve Nash just announced his retirement.
About time. Watching the Suns O in his prime was fun to watch. I was wishing for him to retire as a Suns because my last memories of Steve Nash on court were not good but its pretty obvious his body at 42 just cannot. I hope he sticks around in the league as a coach or analyst.

Fjordson

Missed the Warriors game because of the ncaa tourney, but good to see us keep the home win streak up. Wonder if Kerr will start trying to rest guys here and there.

While I appreciate how well the Spurs are playing today, I feel bad handing the Hawks a third straight loss. :(

Hopefully the Pelis will beat the Clips today and allow us to climb up the standings again.

Tough afternoon for the Heat, they dug themselves in a hole by missing easy shots and giving up too many offensive rebounds.

Kanter has dominated the Heat this season. It will be fun seeing the look on his face when the Warriors destroy the Thunder in the first round.

Edit: Another triple double but 12 points on 5/16 is awful. Also, the Bucks lost so we are still in great position for the 6th spot.

Thunder are making the Heat look silly.

Not really, it was an 8 point game going into the 4th quarter. The Heat played horrible all afternoon and they still had a chance going into the 4th quarter.

If Whiteside hadn't gotten himself into foul trouble and missed a whole quarter, we might have been able to win the game.

Hopefully the horrible shooting and lack of hustle doesn't carry over to the next two games.

It's really weird to see Enes Kanter develop into a good player. Dude went from looking awkward as hell on the court and being a regular on shaqtin a fool to playing really damn well. I mean he's driving to the basket, he's putting himself in good positions to get offensive rebounds or tip ins.

RELAYER

Banned
Not really, it was an 8 point game going into the 4th quarter. The Heat played horrible all afternoon and they still had a chance going into the 4th quarter.

If Whiteside hadn't gotten himself into foul trouble and missed a whole quarter, we might have been able to win the game.

Hopefully the horrible shooting and lack of hustle doesn't carry over to the next two games.

They lost by 20, they definitely looked silly in the 4th.
I'm not just talking about points but how they actually played. Not good.

They lost by 20, they definitely looked silly in the 4th.
I'm not just talking about points but how they actually played. Not good.

I know why you don't like the Heat, but I'm not sure why you are so concerned with how poorly they played.
They were playing on the road, against a good home team fighting for it's playoff life, in the West. Plus, Kanter has given them problems in every game he has played against them this season. It's not a complete shock that they lost.

I'm okay with them losing today, because it should give them motivation to play better and hopefully win the next two games, which are far more important games to Miami.
It's really weird to see Enes Kanter develop into a good player. Dude went from looking awkward as hell on the court and being a regular on shaqtin a fool to playing really damn well. I mean he's driving to the basket, he's putting himself in good positions to get offensive rebounds or tip ins.

I wonder if the Jazz will look back in a few years and regret trading him. Though there is a pretty good chance he would have left in a couple of years.

ATL in full tank mode lately :p

Cavs with a road win, but the Bucs are awful. Pacers with what, a 5 game losing streak now? Would much rather play MIA in Round one than Pacers, but would still play anyone.

Westbrook, with another triple double. Thunder look so good today...

Jesus. Super Saiyan Westbrook. That's gotta be the most Triple dubs in a season in quite some time, no?

Talon

Cavs with a road win, but the Bucs are awful. Pacers with what, a 5 game losing streak now? Would much rather play MIA in Round one than Pacers, but would still play anyone.
Korver was out for the first two losses, and he came back today.

I have to say, nice to have that 9 game cushion.

Korver was out for the first two losses, and he came back today.

I have to say, nice to have that 9 game cushion.

Yeah, you guys aren't losing that. Don't forget, LeBron will sit out a few games coming up either soon or later in April to rest for the playoffs. Cavs should still end up with 2 seed.

Tough afternoon for the Heat, they dug themselves in a hole by missing easy shots and giving up too many offensive rebounds.

Kanter has dominated the Heat this season. It will be fun seeing the look on his face when the Warriors destroy the Thunder in the first round.

Edit: Another triple double but 12 points on 5/16 is awful. Also, the Bucks lost so we are still in great position for the 6th spot.

How do you like the Heats chances in a potential MIA CHI round one?

How do you like the Heats chances in a potential MIA CHI round one?

It depends on how healthy the Bulls are. If they have Rose, Gibson, and Butler back at full strength, I don't think the Heat have a good chance to win. But if one or two of those guys isn't at full strength, I think we could make it a competitive series.

I'm hoping for Toronto to get the 3rd seed if we get the 6th seed. I think we would have a decent shot at beating them.

It depends on how healthy the Bulls are. If they have Rose, Gibson, and Butler back at full strength, I don't think the Heat have a good chance to win. But if one or two of those guys isn't at full strength, I think we could make it a competitive series.

I'm hoping for Toronto to get the 3rd seed if we get the 6th seed. I think we would have a decent shot at beating them.

Oh, I'd love that, since ATL would have to play the Bulls and one of those two teams would kick the crap out of each other leaving a battered team for the Conference Finals most likely.

Although it would leave a Cavs Heat semis if both win which would make that playoff match all that more interesting ;o

Kwhit10

Jesus. Super Saiyan Westbrook. That's gotta be the most Triple dubs in a season in quite some time, no?

Rondo had 10 triple doubles in 2011-12. Kidd had 14 in 06-07.

RELAYER

Banned
I know why you don't like the Heat, but I'm not sure why you are so concerned with how poorly they played.
They were playing on the road, against a good home team fighting for it's playoff life, in the West. Plus, Kanter has given them problems in every game he has played against them this season. It's not a complete shock that they lost.

I'm okay with them losing today, because it should give them motivation to play better and hopefully win the next two games, which are far more important games to Miami.

I don't not like the Heat, they just looked really bad in that 4th quarter to me. That's all I said. It was just my thoughts while watching the game. You yourself just said they played poorly, so I'm not sure what they issue is, seems like we are in agreement.

Lee Chaolan said:

Just saw on reddit that he's averaging 27/8/7/2 on the season.

Mavs are laying another egg tonight, /sigh

edit: What's even worse is getting embarrassed by a PHX team that's on the end of a B2B when the Mavs had yesterday off.

I don't not like the Heat, they just looked really bad in that 4th quarter to me. That's all I said. It was just my thoughts while watching the game. You yourself just said they played poorly, so I'm not sure what they issue is, seems like we are in agreement.

Just saw on reddit that he's averaging 27/8/7/2 on the season.

Sorry, I guess I just misunderstood what you were implying. Plus I was still slightly salty that the Heat lost, lol.

Also, those are some pretty good stats, I wonder how high he will finish in the MVP voting. I would put him behind Harden and have him just slightly ahead of of Curry.

Oh, I'd love that, since ATL would have to play the Bulls and one of those two teams would kick the crap out of each other leaving a battered team for the Conference Finals most likely.

Although it would leave a Cavs Heat semis if both win which would make that playoff match all that more interesting ;o

Hey you just want the Heat in the second round so the Cavs can have an easy path to the Conference Finals :p

I wouldn't give the Heat much of a chance in a 2nd round match up, especially once Kyrie gets a feel for Playoff defense and intensity. The only reason I give the Heat a chance in a first round match up is because I think they could exploit Kyrie's inexperience, and it might lead to them winning a couple of games.

Does Hornacek think timeouts are the devil or something? Mavs are down by 17 in the third and climb all the way back to make it a one point game and not a single timeout is called by the suns to draw a play or stop the mavs momentum from climbing back.

Hey you just want the Heat in the second round so the Cavs can have an easy path to the Conference Finals :p

While you take whatever you can get, honestly, that would not be my preference. The more I think about it, I'd rather the Cavs to be tested early and often in the playoffs. Look at 07, Cavs had cupcake opponents in the first two rounds, before they finally faced opposition in Detroit. After LeBron went Super Saiyan game 5, it was all over in 6.

This led to them getting demolished by the Spurs, and to be fair, the talent was lacking that year, but still I'd rather the guys that are unfamilar in the playoff spotlight get tested a bit, because they'll need that grit to beat both the Hawks and whoever comes out of the West.

Top Bottom