• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I was just making a joke after catching some of the first quarter and he already had 8 or 10 FTAs, meanwhile my dude Kyrie gets knocked to the floor repeatedly and often doesn't get a call. I just want to know what Harden has on the head of league officials to get his 10.1 FTA/PG and Kyrie can only get 4.9.
I'm bitter.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/free-throws/sort/avgFreeThrowsAttempted

Kyrie and Curry get almost no calls for whatever reason. Can you imagine Curry getting calls like Westbrook or Harden? Would be completely indefensible.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Kyrie and Curry get almost no calls for whatever reason. Can you imagine Curry getting calls like Westbrook or Harden? Would be completely indefensible.

Westbrook and Harden go to the rim far more than Curry. Jump shooters simply get fouled less than more aggressive players. That's always been the case.

offtopic

Westbrook and Harden go to the rim far more than Curry. Jump shooters simply get fouled less than more aggressive players. That's always been the case.

Curry goes to the rim plenty. He gets routinely hammered and doesn't get calls. Sort of makes sense for him to not quite drive as much as those who get those calls, no?

RBK

Banned
Unless you think refs have a bias towards giving Harden calls over Curry(really?), there's good reason why Harden gets his calls and Curry doesn't if he gets to the rim as frequent as Harden does.

Fjordson

Yeah, I don't think think it's a bias towards Harden. That's his game. He's better than anyone else at baiting people into fouls. I don't know what it is exactly that makes people want to reach in against him, but they do. Like Harden will drive to get fouled instead of score because he knows someone will reach. Sucks ass to watch sometimes, but it works.

And even when he initiates the contact, refs will often give that to the offensive player (that applies to all players really). Harden's just taking advantage of today's style of officiating.

commish

Curry goes to the rim plenty. He gets routinely hammered and doesn't get calls. Sort of makes sense for him to not quite drive as much as those who get those calls, no?

No, he doesn't get to the rim as much because that's not his game, not because he doesn't get any calls. And I swear 85% of fouls on Westbrook are because the opponent can't keep up with this size/speed. Dude is a freak of nature, athletically speaking.

Harden, though, is a known flopper and whiner. He's been that way since he came into the league, and I hate that part of his game.

Personally, I just think Harden acts better and tries to draw contact.

Kyrie is much squirmer and does his best to avoid contact so he can get a shot off. Harden doesn't give too much of a damn if he gets a shot off or not so long as he beats his man and draws the contact.

Also, Harden is sort of interesting athletically in that he has an amazing first step but not a lot of lateral movement. Like a Dodge Viper, where Kyrie is more like a 911.

offtopic

Personally, I just think Harden acts better and tries to draw contact.

Kyrie is much squirmer and does his best to avoid contact so he can get a shot off. Harden doesn't give too much of a damn if he gets a shot off or not so long as he beats his man and draws the contact.

Also, Harden is sort of interesting athletically in that he has an amazing first step but not a lot of lateral movement. Like a Dodge Viper, where Kyrie is more like a 911.

Basically Harden and Westbrook intentionally jump into people to draw fouls. It's like that rip move that was banned a couple years ago because it is bad basketball (stylistically). I'll be happy once the refs are told that it isn't a foul when the offensive player initiates the contact.

Basically Harden and Westbrook intentionally jump into people to draw fouls. It's like that rip move that was banned a couple years ago because it is bad basketball (stylistically). I'll be happy once the refs are told that it isn't a foul when the offensive player initiates the contact.

Agree.

commish

Pretty unfair to single those 2 out when this has been a problem with the NBA for years and years. There's way too many calls made when the offensive player causes the contact. If a defender has his arms up, and the offensive player dives into him, then that shouldn't be a foul, dammit.

offtopic

Pretty unfair to single those 2 out when this has been a problem with the NBA for years and years. There's way too many calls made when the offensive player causes the contact. If a defender has his arms up, and the offensive player dives into him, then that shouldn't be a foul, dammit.

Sure it isn't fair to single them out because a lot of players do it (hi Lebron!) but they seem to have taken it to a whole new level. 22FTs ffs.

attack-on-titan-suicide-o.gif

I'm done with this season, I can't even enjoy baseball since the Rangers will probably suck to :/

So this is the Mavs team that could be really dangerous when it comes to playoff time. When Ellis is on, he is ON. When the Rondo is OFF, he is worse than a backup PG.

Props to Pistons, big games from Reggie, Pope, and Drummond. I continue to lose confidence in my team as I have in their coach. I can see us have a quick first round exit and I won't be shocked. Unless we face the Wizards. I think we can beat that team easily, perhaps that is why Raps tanking for that 4th-5th seed to get that matchup.

I don't think the Bucks will make the playoffs said it before here I think, reinforcing it. Team just doesn't have any frontcourt depth.

OKC keeps rolling, what a steal of a trade for acquiring Kanter.

Bucks snapped a 6 game losing streak. With the East being open for those last few seeds. The Heat might regret losing this game, and the Bucks need whatever distance they can get.

Bucks snapped a 6 game losing streak. With the East being open for those last few seeds. The Heat might regret losing this game, and the Bucks need whatever distance they can get.

Yep we will regret losing to them for sure.

To make matters worse, I think we had a double digit lead in all four loses to the Bucks too.

Undermanned Blazers giving the Warriors a tough game in Portland.

B2B...away game. It's a good test..

Also, I love Lillard's demeanor ..just ice cold..

Ezeli is solid on D but he's a borderline liability on offense. He can't catch in traffic. Tossing the ball to him on the block just completely bogs down the offense as he doesn't have much of a post game and has problems spotting cutters out of the post.

Fjordson

B2B...away game. It's a good test..

Also, I love Lillard's demeanor ..just ice cold..

Ezeli is solid on D but he's a borderline liability on offense. He can't catch in traffic. Tossing the ball to him on the block just completely bogs down the offense as he doesn't have much of a post game and has problems spotting cutters out of the post.
Yeah, he makes some great plays, and then he'll suddenly show off his stone hands. No bueno.

How about this Iguodala offense though?? He's been almost a different player on that end since the All-Star break.

Yeah, he makes some great plays, and then he'll suddenly show off his stone hands. No bueno.

How about this Iguodala offense though?? He's been almost a different player on that end since the All-Star break.

Yup...was calling for him or Barnes to be the 3rd scorer earlier this year. I'm sure he was conserving himself earlier this season. Also, Draymond's bball IQ has extended into his offense. Dude is basically the secondary/tertiary facilitator on this team. I love how he makes the right play outside of the Curry trap or will punish opposing teams by pushing the ball up from the PF position when Curry is being denied the inbound.

Fjordson

Yup...was calling for him or Barnes to be the 3rd scorer earlier this year. I'm sure he was conserving himself earlier this season. Also, Draymond's bball IQ has extended into his offense. Dude is basically the secondary/tertiary facilitator on this team. I love how he makes the right play outside of the Curry trap or will punish opposing teams by pushing the ball up from the PF position when Curry is being denied the inbound.
Yeah, Draymond pushing the ball after a rebound is really great. Usually makes a good decision.

This was just a nice win all around. Solid way to wrap up the division title.

Yeah, Draymond pushing the ball after a rebound is really great. Usually makes a good decision.

This was just a nice win all around. Solid way to wrap up the division title.

Next game is Memphis right? At this point Memphis and SA are the litmus test on the western conference side

Btw... Last time the dubs won the pacific division, Dell Curry was 10

Fjordson

Next game is Memphis right? At this point Memphis and SA are the litmus test on the western conference side
Yeah Memphis next in Memphis. Will be tough.

I'm just thankful Warriors likely have home-court locked up. Even if another team is even with us or slightly better, playing in Oracle could push us over the top. That 34-2 home record is crazy.

Top Bottom