• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

RBK

Banned
Think we improve offensively but our perimeter defense takes a hit with Bev out. Terry's worth should show up in the postseason if it hasn't already.

If we don't get Dallas, San Antonio is my next preferred matchup, more so than the Clippers or a Portland rematch. We would have to play damn near perfect to win though.

Think we improve offensively but our perimeter defense takes a hit with Bev out. Terry's worth should show up in the postseason if it hasn't already.

If we don't get Dallas, San Antonio is my next preferred matchup, more so than the Clippers or a Portland rematch. We would have to play damn near perfect to win though.
spurs will destroy houston.you should hope you get clips or portland.

I don't know. With Houston I feel like the Spurs would be entering into unchartered territory. Out of all the matchups outside of Golden State, that one worries me most. Especially if the Spurs aren't healthy and clicking. I think they could pull it off, but it will be tough. Harden really presents a problem every time the Spurs play him, but maybe they can figure it out for one series like they did last year with Aldridge and Westbrook/Durant after getting swept in the season by both teams.

Fjordson

I love watching Demarcus Cousins highlights. There's no one quite like Shaq in the league these days, but when Boogie is bullying people in the post he's the closest we have.

I agree with syphon.. Spurs seems to be about to go into playoff gear. Im not confident Harden will be Harden we see right now against a Leonard. And I still remember the finals last year.. Shit if that spurs shows up vs rox then rox is in for a long series. If dwight is in good shape by playoffs I like their Houston bigs chances vs clips bigs. Clips got terrible bench. Portland will have no Matthews the rest of the season. Not even sure if Aldrige is healthy. I think rox can beat all 3 in a series but they have the best shot against Portland right now. If you include Dallas in the mix then Rox got best chance vs them, then Portland, then Clips and then Spurs would be the 5-8th seed I would not want to face in the first round if I were the higher seeded west team. It's just tough for me to pick against the spurs.. People been saying they are too old for too long and yet theyre still there ballin. Darn, the team basically imo only has 2 starters and the rest of the players will just be in the bench chillin if they were on any other team. Pop got some witch craft shit going on in the locker room. And Mchale.. My confidence in his coaching is around Scotty Brooks level. He will be coacing up against arguably the GOAT nba coach.

maladroid

1. Golden State
2. Houston
3. Memphis
4. Portland
5. Los Angeles
6. San Antonio
7. Dallas
8. Oklahoma City

I'm surprised this could still happen, despite Houston's missteps. Game and a half behind with the next two being TWolves/Wizards for Houston and Dubs/Spurs for Memphis.

Taking out the title in the hardest division in the league. Doing it with Howard out for literally half the season. Shame Atlanta couldn't hold onto the best record, though.
As crappy as they are, I'm still scared of Carlisle / Playoff Rondo.

RBK

Banned
Spurs could win the series, I'm just not going to give them the benefit of the doubt because they're the previous champions. Unless their offense is just clicking all series long, it's not going to be a cakewalk for either team.

Blake/DeAndre dominate Houston no matter if Dwight's healthy or not plus the bench is fine as long as Crawford is able to play. Wouldn't mind playing Portland either in a rematch, but the same issue still remains with the Aldridge mismatch and Afflalo is a more than capable replacement from Matthews.

All of this doesn't matter if we get the 2 seed of course.

overcast

I'm most scared of the Clippers/Spurs, but I still feel like teams 2-7 are closely matched up and anybody can sneak out of the first round.

Really hoping Tjones is healthy man.

Soonri

As you should be... Not even the biggest homers in Dallas believed they could win more than one of those games against the Spurs last year and Carlisle pulled some goddamn black magic out of his ass. Although to me the above doesn't matter if Terrence Jones is healthy because there isn't exactly a guy that can match up with him on the Mavs (unless Carlisle wants to use Dwight Powell, and he hates playing rookies). I'll believe in Playoff Rondo when he shows up.

Roy Hibbert is so bad, how are you getting outplayed by the Bucks bigs like this? Checked how do you have ZERO REBOUNDS at the start of the 3rd.

Ilyasova having the game of his life against the Pacers.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I've been watching March Madness and looking at mock drafts. Can someone explain the New York Knicks draft situation?

I see mock drafts have them picking at #1-3 but I could've sworn they traded away picks and were without any first round draft picks for a few seasons.

I've been watching March Madness and looking at mock drafts. Can someone explain the New York Knicks draft situation?

I see mock drafts have them picking at #1-3 but I could've sworn they traded away picks and were without any first round draft picks for a few seasons.

From realGM:

Knicks

2016 first round draft pick to Denver
Denver has the right to swap its 2016 1st round pick for New York's 2016 1st round pick [Denver-Minnesota-New York, 2/22/2011]; New York will convey the less favorable of these two picks to Toronto

2016 first round draft pick to Toronto
New York will convey the less favorable of its 2016 1st round pick and Denver's 2016 1st round pick to Toronto (via Denver's right to swap for New York) [Denver-Minnesota-New York, 2/22/2011; New York-Toronto, 7/10/2013]

I think you might be thinking about the Nets
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2015 first round draft pick to Atlanta
Atlanta has the right to swap its 2015 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2015 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]

2016 first round draft pick to Boston
Brooklyn's 2016 1st round pick to Boston [Boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

2017 first round draft pick to Boston
Boston has the right to swap its 2017 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2017 1st round pick; if Boston exercises this swap right, then Boston will convey its 2017 2nd round pick to Brooklyn protected for selections 31-45 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Boston's obligation to Brooklyn will be extinguished) [Boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]; this potential pick conveyance is the same as the one described in "2017 second round draft pick from Boston"

2018 first round draft pick to Boston
Brooklyn's 2018 1st round pick to Boston [Boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

It amazes me how Billy King still has his job.

maladroid

As you should be... Not even the biggest homers in Dallas believed they could win more than one of those games against the Spurs last year and Carlisle pulled some goddamn black magic out of his ass. Although to me the above doesn't matter if Terrence Jones is healthy because there isn't exactly a guy that can match up with him on the Mavs (unless Carlisle wants to use Dwight Powell, and he hates playing rookies). I'll believe in Playoff Rondo when he shows up.
Yup, that series is what's got me spooked. I think our roster depth is better than yours when healthy, but Carlisle is a much better coach than McHale. I'm really not sure which would count for more in a playoff setting.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Foot injuries are no joke on these guys. Hope he comes back, but damn.. these injuries to superstar players sucks.

Fjordson

Feel guilty for thinking about how this will make it easier for the Warriors when they play in the playoffs. Overall though it's a damn shame. Hope he's back 100% next year.

1. Golden State
2. Houston
3. Memphis
4. Portland
5. Los Angeles
6. San Antonio
7. Dallas
8. Oklahoma City

I'm surprised this could still happen, despite Houston's missteps. Game and a half behind with the next two being TWolves/Wizards for Houston and Dubs/Spurs for Memphis.

Taking out the title in the hardest division in the league. Doing it with Howard out for literally half the season. Shame Atlanta couldn't hold onto the best record, though.

I would love for the Rockets to wreck shop on Chandler Parsons and the Mavs in the first round. Thats the 1st round matchup I'm hoping for, as a Rockets fan

Poor Kevin Durant though. Hope he doesn't become the next Derrick Rose with injuries every season

Fucking OKC medical staff is fucking dudes up. They should have never rushed KD back to begin with. Fucked up Westbrook's knee too. Remember when KD/Westbrook/Harden were all young bucks and everyone thought OKC had like a 10 year window to win a title?

Fucking OKC medical staff is fucking dudes up. They should have never rushed KD back to begin with. Fucked up Westbrook's knee too. Remember when KD/Westbrook/Harden were all young bucks and everyone thought OKC had like a 10 year window to win a title?

Then people realized how bad of a coach Scott Brooks is.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Foot injuries are no joke on these guys. Hope he comes back, but damn.. these injuries to superstar players sucks.

Yeah but all the horror stories you hear are from injuries to guys many years ago. I'm hopeful that modern medicine can get KD back at 100% next year. What a loss to basketball if not.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Just saw this. I have no idea why the Rockets would think the Spurs are a good match-up for them. I would imagine the Spurs would win in 5, to be honest. The Rockets just don't match-up that well with them, and the Spurs players get enough respect from the refs that I bet Harden doesn't get his normal 25 FTs a game.

All the series in the west are going to be good though. Can't wait for it to start.

RBK

Banned
Just saw this. I have no idea why the Rockets would think the Spurs are a good match-up for them. I would imagine the Spurs would win in 5, to be honest. The Rockets just don't match-up that well with them

This is all I needed to read your opinion is invalid.

We swept them last season 4-0. You can say all you want about regular season doesn't matter, but we wouldn't lose in 5, especially with HCA.
EDIT: And James Harden didn't even play in one of the matchups last season.

Atlantic Division CHAMPIONS!

raps.jpg

Wasn't expecting a blowout win in Memphis, but I'll definitely take it.

Ladies and gentlemen, that was a statement game.

Seems like Memphis players didn't either, listened to Conley pregame sounded like it was no big deal getting embarrassed by Cavs and how it wouldn't effect their approach to the game or effect them mentally. Coach told them to watch the defensive rotations. Best offense vs. Best defense matchup got hyped, but Memphis getting humbled once again.

Top Bottom