• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

I just started paying attention to Clarkson.. This guy is pretty darn good. But then again why bother winning vs Philly on the road.
default_mjlol.png

Cannot believe the Lakers could blow an opportunity like that. Unreal. You get a shot at the team directly ahead of you in the standings and just fucking blow it.

Cannot believe the Lakers could blow an opportunity like that. Unreal. You get a shot at the team directly ahead of you in the standings and just fucking blow it.

They probably know the lottery is fixed, and they'll get the first pick handed to them or something. Or the next one if the Knicks are handed the first pick.

B.O.O.M

Glad that while it was gonna happen anyways, the Blazers are officially on to the playoffs after the win today..let's see who we match up against

People said that last year and it didn't happen (well, for the Lakers anyways).

It would have been too obvious with their position. Then again the Bulls were handed the first pick at the 9 position in 2008, so maybe the NBA doesn't give a fuck about how obviously shady their lottery is. Also Dan Gilbert obviously does something to get the #1 every time. With the Cavs out of the lottery, and the Lakers having a top 4 pick at least, they'll get it if the Knicks don't.

He says they can't though, end of discussion lol

It's because he's a Cavs fan. There's the reason.

they won't, for almost exactly the same reason Indiana wouldn't if PG came back at the same time

(granted in this case, Rose has actually played games this season, but there's still gonna be hella rust)

Rose has been rusty all year anyway, so there wouldn't be much of a difference. Plus his return would keep over the hill Hinrich on the bench more, so that's a huge improvement right there.

they won't, for almost exactly the same reason Indiana wouldn't if PG came back at the same time

(granted in this case, Rose has actually played games this season, but there's still gonna be hella rust)

I don't know about rust. We saw LeBron come back (albeit from just 2 weeks) and the Cavs took off after just 1 game. We saw Westbrook and Durant come back earlier in the season and the Thunder started winning immediately. In theory, both Rose and Butler should be rusty, but they'd have a few games and perhaps even an entire playoff series to get into proper shape before the real struggle would begin.

No, the real reason to discount the Bulls is the disbelief that Rose will actually play.

Rose has been rusty all year anyway, so there wouldn't be much of a difference. Plus his return would keep over the hill Hinrich on the bench more, so that's a huge improvement right there.

Fair points. I guess I'm just underestimating how big of an improvement that would be at this point (which isn't at all to say that I think Hinrich is an NBA-caliber player, just that I'm probably severely underrating current Rose).

I don't know about rust. We saw LeBron come back (albeit from just 2 weeks) and the Cavs took off after just 1 game. We saw Westbrook and Durant come back earlier in the season and the Thunder started winning immediately. In theory, both Rose and Butler should be rusty, but they'd have a few games and perhaps even an entire playoff series to get into proper shape before the real struggle would begin.

No, the real reason to discount the Bulls is the disbelief that Rose will actually play.

Yeah, I'm not sure that's the best reason to be discounting the Bulls, but it's the best one I could come up with that isn't "as if Rose is actually gonna risk his body coming back just in time for the postseason grind, because he didn't over the last couple years"

I don't know about rust. We saw LeBron come back (albeit from just 2 weeks) and the Cavs took off after just 1 gam

I wonder if people are still serious with this schtick.

He's in desperation mode now, he doesn't have time to think about later.

Plus, it was a minor procedure and the main reason there's next-to-no way he won't come back is................Gasol.

He wants to be part of this team because they're the best they've been since Rose has been on the team.

I wonder if people are still serious with this schtick.

He's in desperation mode now, he doesn't have time to think about later.

Plus, it was a minor procedure and the main reason there's next-to-no way he won't come back is................Gasol.

He wants to be part of this team because they're the best they've been since Rose has been on the team.

He's the dude that didn't come back despite being cleared a couple of years ago. He's also the dude that earlier this year was talking about his kids' graduation. So yeah, until he comes back, why believe he will?

He's the dude that didn't come back despite being cleared a couple of years ago. He's also the dude that earlier this year was talking about his kids' graduation. So yeah, until he comes back, why believe he will?

Which other players fully supported(you know, ones that can actually relate).

I didn't realize that doctors are the ones pushing their bodies to the limits either.

No worries. Healthy Draymond in the playoffs is what the Warriors want. Other than keeping the #1 seed throughout the playoffs (stay in front of Atlanta) tonight's game isn't important.

Heck, I'd sit Steph too.

I'm not worried. Hell, I'd sit our top 7 and give others a ton of playing time. Playoffs couldn't start soon enough.

First time watching Whiteside play, he's amazingly agile for his size..also Spurs look scary right now.

Man tough second half for our offense...

At least Whiteside is back, and even with a splint on his hand he has been playing pretty well. That kid has a lot of heart for sure. I can't wait to see him next season once he gets some time to tap into some of his potential.

Top Bottom