• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Cloudy

Banned
JC is soooo goodd

It would be ridiculous to give Rondo a max contract right now. We need to hope the Cavs lose and go after Love. Add in Randle and our pick we we are good for Kobe's last year.

\Also keep Davis, Ellington, Wes and Black, Maybe Lin as backup PG and jettison the rest

JNA

Banned
It would be ridiculous to give Rondo a max contract right now. We need to hope the Cavs lose and go after Love. Add in Randle and our pick we we are good for Kobe's last year.

Also keep Davis, Ellington, Wes and Black, Maybe Lin as backup PG and jettison the rest

Hell no to Love.

Lakers need to go on a youth movement. Lakers don't need a defensive liability, injury prone and regressing power forward when we can save the money for much better FAs in 2016 and 2017. Plus he would just hurt the growth of Randle when he is the real starting PF for the future.

If Lakers get a 4th pick, draft Winslow or if somehow Russell is available (Sixers really like Mudiay for some reason), draft him.

Clarkson
Russell
Kobe
Randle
DeAndre Jordan or draft one with the Houston's pick.

The only player the Lakers should look for in this free agency if the Lakers don't draft a center is DeAndre Jordan. Unlike Love, Jordan can actually help a team and make them better as well. Plus it's a position we don't have covered.

And HELL NO to keeping any of those scrubs besides Tarik Black. Ed Davis is gonna want 6+ mill per year, Wes is a bum, Ellington is a ball hog scrub, Lin is mediocre at best when we can just draft a point guard in the second round and no one would notice a difference...besides Lin fans.

Anyone else think Toronto and Chicago are fighting for forth?

I don't think so. I'm betting both teams would love to get an easy first round win against the Bucks rather than struggle with the Wizards.

Worrying about facing the Cavs is pointless. They will easily be in the ECF, and it will be impossible for any East team to avoid them should those teams progress past the first and second round.

That's my perspective as a Bulls fan. I certainly hope the Bulls get the 3rd seed.

That was literally the worst 4th quarter all season. A fucking 9-0 run at the end of the quarter by the fucking garbage Pistons? A 3 pointer by Wade? What the hell was that?

I fucking hate Stan Van Gundy, I know he hyped up his guys to beat the Heat. I know his fat ass is jumping for joy right now.

J5r1p.gif

overcast

Holy shit. Potentially 3 great/fun games tomorrow.

Rockets/Thunder (Huge in the pursuit for the 2nd seed. Don't blow it).
Bulls/Cavs (Eastern rivals, potential playoff matchup).
Warriors/Spurs (Best teams in the west right now imo).

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I decided to stay home tonight to get some rest. My friends wanted to go out but I got some fun stuff to do during the day. When the Heat were up 15 points in the 4th quarter with about 6 minutes to go, I even thought "I don't even want to drink tonight!" As soon as the game ended I went out and bought a bottle of Black Label. I passed out around 1am.

Next 4 games:

@Indy
Cha
Chi
Tor

We're not making the playoffs. It's over. Pat Riley needs to quash his emotions, think rationally, and fire that fucking piece of shit sorry-ass fraud of a head coach. That fucking fraud of a head coach is nothing but a liability. In 7 sevens of him being a coach, not once did I ever think "Erik Spoelstra won us this game". Even in the first couple years during a rough stretch I was terrified he would cost us a playoff spot. I even made a thread about it on another board. This was year 2 of Spo. We're in year 7 now, he is still an awful coach.

Nick Arison is being groomed as the heir to this franchise. To prepare him, he is working with Team USA. He also went to Duke and even worked with the basketball team. Ain't no salary cap for coaches. Use that connection and get Coach K here. Break the bank open. It's the perfect time. I am done with Erik Spoelstra. Next season we should be aspiring to win a fucking championship. 2016 free agency is not a guarantee, as far as we're concerned we have a win now team.

"We need a point guard!" Got an All-NBA one in his prime.
"We need a center!". Got a 25 year old double-double machine that fell from the sky into our lap.
We still need a coach and we've failed to improve in that regard.

With the 10th overall pick in the 2015 NBA draft, the Miami Heat select...???

We still need a coach and we've failed to improve in that regard.

I mean Coach K would never leave Duke in the first place. Besides, bringing a coach from the college to pro level doesn't always work out. Who would you want to replace Spo? Mark Jackson?

It's not just the Spo's fault that the Heat have been blowing second half leads. Did you see the defense in the 4th quarter? They were slow on rotations, and did not even play defense on the go ahead layup by the Detroit player.

Line_HTX

Kevin Durant looking like Anakin Skywalker sitting in the crowd, watching Westbrook do everything. :p In all seriousness, I kind of feel bad for KD.

Come on Houston, clinch that #2 away from Memphis, and come on New Orleans, steal that last spot from OKC.

Frenden

Banned
GSG/Spurs should be great excepting that it's a back to back for the Warriors and Splitter is out for the Spurs.

Still the best two teams in the west at the moment, no?

Top Bottom