• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

xHiryu

Game has me like
harden.gif

Also what does YnB stand for?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I mean Coach K would never leave Duke in the first place. Besides, bringing a coach from the college to pro level doesn't always work out. Who would you want to replace Spo? Mark Jackson?

It's not just the Spo's fault that the Heat have been blowing second half leads. Did you see the defense in the 4th quarter? They were slow on rotations, and did not even play defense on the go ahead layup by the Detroit player.
I saw Andre Drummond with 5 fouls getting his lunch taken from Whiteside. Coach Spo did not run a single play for Whiteside to attack Drummond and get him fouled out. Dwyane Wade was getting double-teams thrown at him in crunch-time and Spo failed to make any adjustments or play calls to exploit this. Instead our offense went to shit and we choked it. He doesn't run any plays for Whiteside but he'll let Mario Chalmers and Bill Walker jack up 12 bricks a night without consequence. Ridiculous.

If not Coach K or a college coach, then find a competent NBA assistant like Budenholzer. Erik Spoelstra is basically Mark Jackson without the ego. Completely tactically inept, good motivator and ego manager though.

Line_HTX

And that's a wrap. Harden deserves the MVP. Watt should've gotten MVP.

One step closer to a Division win and hopefully an OKC elimination, heh heh heh... :p

Bulls-GAF what happened to Taj Gibson why is he struggling not like Mirotic is taking big PF minutes from him. He just gets his regardless of how Gasol and Noah are doing. Struggling big time lately, maybe his wrist/hand injury still causing him problems.

Kyrie is going to torch Aaron Brooks

EDIT: Harden is winning with THAT team has to be commendable right?

Yeah this board is quick to acknowledge that outside of Harden this Houston team sucks and will probably flame out first round, but Houston is still somehow the #2 seed, and thats mostly thanks to Harden, and Howard has played in under 40% of the games this year. Yet Curry is a lock for MVP, even though he has had a ton of help around him?

Yeah this board is quick to acknowledge that outside of Harden this Houston team sucks and will probably flame out first round, but Houston is still somehow the #2 seed, and thats mostly thanks to Harden, and Howard has played in under 40% of the games this year. Yet Curry is a lock for MVP, even though he has had a ton of help around him?

The MVP award is now less about how 'valuable' the player is and more about the overall sucess of the team. If you have a great team around you and are a amazing player you will have a better chance at getting the MVP than a fantastic player with a bad team around you.

Blablurn

Since I'm a LeBron fan, I'm obviously supporting the Cavs this year. But I have to admit that I kinda prefered the Miami days. It was the time that brought me back to Basektball. The swagger of Miami was something else. The current Cavs team looks great too but I guess I just dont like the city of Cleveland that much lol.

xHiryu

I would love for this to be an Eastern Conference Finals match. Bulls vs. Cavs is always a good game, hella fast and physical.

With Rose out the only way to win is relying on the bigs and the defense of both Butler and Snell. I'm always optimistic about the Bulls even when I shouldn't be but we have a chance in winning, albeit were going against a full strength (ish) Cavs team.

We can squeak one out especially if Mirotic gets going, the kid is defintely something special. Anxiously awaiting Rose's return (so is every Bulls fan) and how this team plays in the playoffs.

Bulls-GAF what happened to Taj Gibson why is he struggling not like Mirotic is taking big PF minutes from him. He just gets his regardless of how Gasol and Noah are doing. Struggling big time lately, maybe his wrist/hand injury still causing him problems.

I would say its all on Thibs, Taj is proven veteran who plays great defense and has a solid offensive repertoire. Mirotic is also hella young and a rookie. Although he has allowed Mirotic to play big minutes and hes not a typical rookie per say, he will still ride those whom have proven themselves to him, aka Taj.

So, yeah. Need a gif of that halftime buzzer beater from JR pls.

It's funny how they originally wanted Shump

Think the report was Cavs JUST wanted Shump, but Knicjs wouldn't give him up without throwing in Smith who was a melcontent there.

Maybe it was their plan all along? JR and James have been buddies for years.

Fjordson

Are the Warriors the best team without Curry, though? And not just the best. But 11 games above the second place team with one of the best point differentials in NBA history and tops in the league in offensive and defensive efficiency. And his on/off splits are actually bigger than Harden's in spots.

But even if you don't buy all that, it really comes down to voters being swayed by team success. The Warriors are having one of the best regular seasons of the last 15 years and have only widened the gap between them and the rest of the West since the all-star break.

Frenden

Banned
Definitely don't want to sound like a fanboy, but Rockets over Spurs.

That's fair. I have a hard time evaluating the Spurs this season--too many injuries earlier in the year. They haven't been whole.

I'm a bit of a Spurs homer, but I'm not under some impression they're infallible.

Bulls basically played without a backcourt. Brooks sucks and Butler didn't show up and the game still was close right up till the end despite the Cavs pulling bunnies out of their hat from the three point line. I'm not afraid to face them in the second round.

Top Bottom