• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

What? the East ain't getting any easier next year.

Not many Eastern teams will be in the lottery, many of them will be developing.

Whiteside is going to get better too. James Ennis and Tyler Johnson are going to get better as well. Having McRoberts and Bosh back will greatly help our offense, especially since they can stretch the floor and shoot 3 pointers.

We will be a top team in the East next season.

xHiryu

Whiteside is going to get better too. James Ennis and Tyler Johnson are going to get better as well. Having McRoberts and Bosh back will greatly help our offense, especially since they can stretch the floor and shoot 3 pointers.

Idk about that. But its nice to see people remain optimistic when there team isnt winning very much yo

Shun

Now that they are no longer rookies and have a few years of pro ball under their belts, Kawhi Leonard vs Paul George.

Both small forwards who can play and guard the 1, 2, 3, and even 4.

Both similar size and weight, from Southern California, played for a CSU school for 2 years. Both polar opposites personality-wise.

Outside of Lebron James and Durant, both considered to be the best at the 3 at the moment.
Both have accomplished quite a bit as professional players and put up similar numbers when you take into account the number of minutes played and the system both players play in.

Which two-way player is more complete, has a better ceiling, and which would you take for you team to build around?

Sandfox

It was interesting to see the Clippers constantly blitz Clarkson in order to take him out of the game. Now lets see what he learns from watching the tape.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
There are no back to backs in the playoffs. Id gladly accept that bet if money is involved lol

It'd be a hell of a series regardless of outcome. Warriors have handled business on both sides of the court all year long and have arguably the best backcourt in the NBA with Steph and Klay (argument could be made for Kyrie and Lebron). Today just reminded me the Spurs are still around and they're well rested, healthy, long and full of seasoned vets. Plus you'd have Coach Popovic vs. rookie Steve Kerr. Coach Kerr has done a hell of a job but how would he handle rotations and adjustments made by Coach Pop in a 7 game series?

Now that they are no longer rookies and have a few years of pro ball under their belts, Kawhi Leonard vs Paul George.

Both similar size and weight, from Southern California, played for a CSU school for 2 years. Both polar opposites personality-wise.

Outside of Lebron James and Durant, both considered to be the best at the 3 at the moment.
Both have accomplished quite a bit as professional players and put up similar numbers when you take into account the number of minutes played and the system both players play in.

Which two-way player is more complete, has a better ceiling, and which would you take for you team to build around?

Tough call but I'd have to go with Leonard.

He just needs to be able to hit freethrows in the clutch.

random25

I'd go with my boy PG. Of course I'm biased.

To think that they could have been potential teammates back then...

Lol. So Miami is going to miss the playoffs ? The mighty have fallen.

eh, this team is just fucked. So many injuries, dudes are busted up everywhere. Truthfully, i hope they stop trying to get into the playoffs and just throw the towel in. No need to keep pushing and overexerting themselves to get swept in the first round. Just call this season a bust and rest everyone, fuck it.

eh, this team is just fucked. So many injuries, dudes are busted up everywhere. Truthfully, i hope they stop trying to get into the playoffs and just throw the towel in. No need to keep pushing and overexerting themselves to get swept in the first round. Just call this season a bust and rest everyone, fuck it.
Deng getting an MRI lol

Seriously this team is held up by duct tape

Edit-Lol Beasley too...MRIs for everyone

I really think Lebron has a voodoo doll of players he thinks he might have to face in the playoffs and stabs it as he sees fit.

George
Rose
Bosh
Deng
Durant

This season has been fucked for a lot of teams due to injury especially the Heat.

I mean we never got to see what a Dragic Wade Deng Bosh and Whiteside could do...

Fjordson

I really think Lebron has a voodoo doll of players he thinks he might have to face in the playoffs and stabs it as he sees fit.

George
Rose
Bosh
Deng
Durant
He even got some Atlanta Hawks dolls after he saw they were legit. Millsap just went down with a shoulder injury two days ago.

Blackhead

Redarse
There's nothing he can do about those old bastards in San Antonio though.
Because the Spurs are already dead

x7Mekolm.jpg

Deng getting an MRI lol

Seriously this team is held up by duct tape

Edit-Lol Beasley too...MRIs for everyone

Jesus man, and I thought the Bulls were bad earlier in the year. Hope everyone recovers and you're back and full strength next year.

Plenty of time to still grab a playoff spot this year tho

The Rockets have two HUGE games this week. I hope they can keep that 2nd seed. After all of the obstacles this season has thrown them, they deserve it. Gotta beat the Spurs though. And as much as I'll say Rockets over Spurs, I know there's a huge chance they'll lose at least one. Spurs are legit and on fire lately. Better be close games at least.

Jesus, I'm panicking. Can it be Wednesday already?

EDIT: Yo, Pop. You should just rest everyone until the end of the season. They deserve the rest, man.

Krejlooc

Banned
The Rockets have two HUGE games this week. I hope they can keep that 2nd seed. After all of the obstacles this season has thrown them, they deserve it. Gotta beat the Spurs though. And as much as I'll say Rockets over Spurs, I know there's a huge chance they'll lose at least one. Spurs are legit and on fire lately. Better be close games at least.

Jesus, I'm panicking. Can it be Wednesday already?

EDIT: Yo, Pop. You should just rest everyone until the end of the season. They deserve the rest, man.

James harden has a habit of demoralizing san Antonio. I trust the beard.

The fantasy basketball season is over..
p3ckBCf.png

I finished 7th out of 12 teams but thats expected when 2 of the first 3 guys you drafted were Kobe and Howard. Let's do this again next season with more teams.. I will draft Kobe again though Dwight (And that giantic scrub Roy Hibbert) can fuck off.. I'm gonna get Mamba his 6th through GAF-fantasy basketball.

Feel like tonight Westbrook is going to go ham as he'll be angry about the Spurs beating him the way, losing three games straight and being out of playoff contention should they lose. Meanwhile the Spurs play Houston tomorrow, and I think they're more focused on that matchup. We'll see soon enough.

Fjordson

Soo...Warriors playing the Pelicans tonight. It'd be sweet if Kerr wasn't above tanking the game to help the Pels and get rest for his starters.

As a rockets fan, Im not sure if I should root for the spurs or hope they loose. If they lose they will probably be motivated to beat us more...

Spurs are destroying the Thunder again. And the Spurs offense isn't particularly hot outside of Leonard. Thunder are really bad right now. No way that team doesn't get lit up by Golden State if the Pelicans don't capitalize and take the 8th seed.

spyder_ur

The Spurs look really scary right now. Would not be excited to see than play like this if I were a western team. So damn predictable.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

James Ennis and Tyler Jonson suck and will forever suck. They're D-League caliber scrubs and miracles like Hassan Whiteside don't happen twice. Even if we beef up our bench, we're not built to be a 60 win regular season power house. But if we don't get killed by injuries again 50+ wins is definitely achievable.

If you want to win a championship, you need a playoff rotation of 9 guys playing 300+ total minutes during said deep playoff run. I'm confident in the following 6: Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside, McBob. That leaves us needing 3 more bodies. I'm not confident in Napier nor Chalmers. Birdman looks done. Haslem is going to be 35. The more I think about it, the better off we're trading our top 10 pick for bench help. Turn that 1 rookie who's going to be completely mismanaged by Spoelstra (because you know that's exactly what's going to happen) into 2 or 3 roleplayers that can be counted on when logging those 300+ playoff minutes. That's if we don't do something stupid like actually win the next 3 games and lose the pick.

The fantasy basketball season is over..
p3ckBCf.png

I finished 7th out of 12 teams but thats expected when 2 of the first 3 guys you drafted were Kobe and Howard. Let's do this again next season with more teams.. I will draft Kobe again though Dwight (And that giantic scrub Roy Hibbert) can fuck off.. I'm gonna get Mamba his 6th through GAF-fantasy basketball.

Congrats to the winner and all gaffers for participating. I'll take my meaningless regular season win though :) I got really lucky with injuries for the most part but in the end not so much :(

Top Bottom