• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

James Ennis and Tyler Jonson suck and will forever suck. They're D-League caliber scrubs and miracles like Hassan Whiteside don't happen twice. Even if we beef up our bench, we're not built to be a 60 win regular season power house. But if we don't get killed by injuries again 50+ wins is definitely achievable.

If you want to win a championship, you need a playoff rotation of 9 guys playing 300+ total minutes during said deep playoff run. I'm confident in the following 6: Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside, McBob. That leaves us needing 3 more bodies. I'm not confident in Napier nor Chalmers. Birdman looks done. Haslem is going to be 35. The more I think about it, the better off we're trading our top 10 pick for bench help. Turn that 1 rookie who's going to be completely mismanaged by Spoelstra (because you know that's exactly what's going to happen) into 2 or 3 roleplayers that can be counted on when logging those 300+ playoff minutes. That's if we don't do something stupid like actually win the next 3 games and lose the pick.

Ennis and Johnson seem like they are willing to put in the work to get better. I mean they aren't going to be legit starters like Whiteside, but they can certainly be solid role players. Ennis has been playing really well lately, he is averaging 10 ppg in the last 10 games he has played.

Wade, Dragic, Whiteside, Bosh, Deng, Ennis, Johnson, McRoberts, Beasley/Chalmers would be a decent 9 man rotation. I just hope Whiteside puts in a lot of work this summer, if he can learn to shoot free throws, foul less, and develop a few more post moves, he will become completely unstoppable. I think he is going to be the X factor in how far the Heat will go.

just wanted to say goddamnit heat, just fucking tank already. i don't want a first round sweep, i want my injured ass team to have an april exit and get those months of rest + the possibility of an ok draft pic.

I think it would be in our best interest to at least try and make the playoffs, so we can sign Dragic. I think if we make the playoffs, even though it will be a quick exit, it would go a long way towards getting him to resign.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
He should last that long:p

Your dream will come true.

Though I have watched every single Bulls game since the 80s(probably earlier), I have only been to one in person at the old Chicago stadium and guess who was out for that game???

Yeah, I know the feeling...

wow that's horrible!

I saw Drose in Chicago during his MVP year, so It's not so bad.

just wanted to say goddamnit heat, just fucking tank already. i don't want a first round sweep, i want my injured ass team to have an april exit and get those months of rest + the possibility of an ok draft pick.

Do the Heat even own their first round pick this year?

I think it would be in our best interest to at least try and make the playoffs, so we can sign Dragic. I think if we make the playoffs, even though it will be a quick exit, it would go a long way towards getting him to resign.

The Heat have the opportunity to pay him more money than any other team. I don't think he's leaving.

Do the Heat even own their first round pick this year?
The Heat have the opportunity to pay him more money than any other team. I don't think he's leaving.

Our pick is top ten protected. I don't think so either, but he seems like a pretty competitive guy, and I think it would be a turn off for him, if Miami tanked the last couple of games.

I think we probably are the only team that is willing to use a roster spot on his brother, so we have that going in our favor too.

Houston gaf if you order online through Papa Johns website and use the promo code ROCKETS you get 50% off the price of your pizza.. finally that xl pizza is worth it at 9$.

Apparently Donatas Motiejunas is out for the season for Houston. Hopefully Splitter and Parker get healthy soon. :\

That injury bug for Houston still doing damage. Sucks he played great for them when Howard was gone.

I am legit scared of the Bulls with Rose coming back, Thibs starting to realize he has a bench. Rose just needs to be what he was early in the season and have those big games once or twice during a 7 game series, but otherwise his team will get it done against most teams in the East.

That injury bug for Houston still doing damage. Sucks he played great for them when Howard was gone.

I am legit scared of the Bulls with Rose coming back, Thibs starting to realize he has a bench. Rose just needs to be what he was early in the season and have those big games once or twice during a 7 game series, but otherwise his team will get it done against most teams in the East.

Toyota Center is cursed.

I'm a rockets fan, but I'm not greedy. With how well the spurs are playing ball right now, I'll take a split of these 2 games. After that I think the remaining games on our schedule our W's, which would guarantee no worse than a tie with Memphis for the #2 seed.

James Harden is my favorite non-Lakers player in the NBA along with Durant. Hope you guys win both games.

Thank you for your hope.

I'm a rockets fan, but I'm not greedy. With how well the spurs are playing ball right now, I'll take a split of these 2 games

As long as the don't lose both, they should still be good as far as seeding goes.

Tickets for Friday's game are through the damn roof. $117+ for nosebleeds?!

Silkworm

Let's go Celtics! Also come on Hawks and Horford, beat the Nets! Not looking forward to the home and away for the Celtics vs Cavs.... :-\

Dorsey is useless. Why have him on the court when he airballs free throws all day? Sure he's good at defense but the hack a Dorsey strategy is so extremely effective since he's so hilariously bad at free throws that you'd probably be better off with some D league guy.

Silkworm

Come on Hawks! Don't lose to the Nets. :-\ ATL falling asleep in the 4th qtr *smh*

Edit: Horford's dunk hopefully ends up being the difference in the game. Go Big Al!

Edit: Yes! Nets fittingly squander a golden opportunity to win. Suck it Nets! Go C's!

Let's go Celtics! Also come on Hawks and Horford, beat the Nets! Not looking forward to the home and away for the Celtics vs Cavs.... :-\

You can likely assume LeBron and maybe Love will sit out for one or both of those games as we'll have the #2 seed sewn up perhaps tonight. That's all Blatt wanted, and after I can see the rest the guys taking it easy til the playoffs start

Silkworm

You can likely assume LeBron and maybe Love will sit out for one or both of those games as we'll have the #2 seed sewn up perhaps tonight. That's all Blatt wanted, and after I can see the rest the guys taking it easy til the playoffs start
I hope that's the case. *fingers crossed* Even so, without LeBron and/or Love, I imagine the Cavs will split the series. At least that's better than losing both for the C's.

Yeah, I think it'd be fun if both the Nets and Celts make it. Would prefer over what remains of the Heat this year (they can't catch a break), and the reinvigorated Pacers.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Eww celtics you're in the worst position ever right now. I mean seriously they have a whole shit load of players who won't be with the team for more than a year or 2, and they have maybe 1 possibly 2 building blocks (smart? Young?) for the future. Sully's gotta go, KO is lousy, Turner is the worst. Zeller is mediocre at absolute best, jae crowder is a solid bench player, same with a handful of the other guys, but seriously nobody at all is a building block for the future. This of course would all be ok if they were taking strides towards changing that... instead we push for a pointless 8th seed (for experience?! LOL) so Wyc can see the cash flow in.

Houston was actually leading for a good portion of the first half and then in the 3rd spurs stepped up their defense and just ran away with it.
I saw that Houston was up and thought they were going to be in for a shootout. Did not expect the results I came back to in the fourth. Especially on a back-to-back.

Rockets now in a must win game vs. the Spurs on Friday

Regardless, Memphis clinched the tiebreaker vs. the Rockets today, so if Memphis wins out, they will get the 2 seed and Rockets will get the 3 seed to face the Spurs 1st round :(

Tom Penny

Eww celtics you're in the worst position ever right now. I mean seriously they have a whole shit load of players who won't be with the team for more than a year or 2, and they have maybe 1 possibly 2 building blocks (smart? Young?) for the future. Sully's gotta go, KO is lousy, Turner is the worst. Zeller is mediocre at absolute best, jae crowder is a solid bench player, same with a handful of the other guys, but seriously nobody at all is a building block for the future. This of course would all be ok if they were taking strides towards changing that... instead we push for a pointless 8th seed (for experience?! LOL) so Wyc can see the cash flow in.

What does it matter? You actually think they will pull some shit out of their ass and hit their 2% chance like the Cavs? When they were supposed to get Duncan and Durant they got the worst possible picks they could get..

Danny seems to be trying to do what Morey did. Collect assets but not completely bottom out and wait for a star/franchise guy to be available via trade. It's as much of a crapshoot as tanking for the number 1 pick though.

Excuse me, the C's are the 7th seed. The rebuild worked!

Spurs peaking at right time. Scary stuff man

every year i think they will finally slow down.

but like clockwork, they get this burst of energy and proficiency near the playoffs that make them scary as fuck.

Like an old veteran who knows to save his energy fore the most opportune moment while the younguns are parading around flexing their muscles in extravagant manner before the fight.

Apparently ratings are down this year.

I know it sounds crazy, but i think part of it is due to Lebron leaving MIA. No longer is there a "villain" to defeat. no longer a goal of every team and city to strive towards to (BEAT THE HEAT).

Rockets now in a must win game vs. the Spurs on Friday

Regardless, Memphis clinched the tiebreaker vs. the Rockets today, so if Memphis wins out, they will get the 2 seed and Rockets will get the 3 seed to face the Spurs 1st round :(

Yeah it's not seeming very likely that we will get the 2 seed now unless we win out and they lose a game. With Beverley and DMO out I don't see us winning tomorrows game against the spurs.

Top Bottom