• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Empty my ass I was just at the game

4th quarter was another story lol

No way! the place was empty even in the third quarter. I know because fans already moving down to take good seats. Went to the bathroom and some assholes tried to take my seats.

And I don't mean literally empty, but for a big game the place had lots of empty seats

Btw the American Airlines arena is pretty sweet.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Steph Curry breaks the all time NBA record for 3s in a season with 273. The previous record was 272 by Steph Curry last season.

Is it me or does the GS crowd seem to be a little more money these days? Even during regular season games it used to be that most of their crowd was wearing team colors/jerseys etc. Now it's all high dollar designer clothes and crap.

Is it me or does the GS crowd seem to be a little more money these days? Even during regular season games it used to be that most of their crowd was wearing team colors/jerseys etc. Now it's all high dollar designer clothes and crap.

This always happen when teams start winning consistently. Being a Seahawk fan in Seattle we've had a pretty big explosion in our fanbase in this current Pete Carroll era, and the number of "wealthy fans" has skyrocketed.

People with more money will always buy out seats from the crazy diehards. Lakers fan been dealing with this for far longer than Warrior fans.

^ Yea I mean bandwagons are nothing new.

Also shit, I forgot ABC has the western conference playoffs this year. Going to try and watch local coverage as much as I can through that shit show.

Fjordson

Wardell going HAM!

Defense wa a little shaky, but I think dudes are just ready for the playoffs. And that was a masterpiece from Steph.

DarkFlow

Banned
Miami blew another double digit lead? Lost count now but it cost them a playoff seed most likely.

Why would they want a playoff seed at 7 or 8. So they could have the honor of getting bounced in the first round and a even worse draft pick? I'm glad my Suns can't make the playoffs, I just wish they would have tanked harder really.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Why would they want a playoff seed at 7 or 8. So they could have the honor of getting bounced in the first round and a even worse draft pick? I'm glad my Suns can't make the playoffs, I just wish they would have tanked harder really.
They don't get their draft pick if they're not in the lottery, so they have plenty of reason to tank.

Spurs will crush anyone.if GS played cavs then GS wins easy as cavs are frauds.

IsgqdQX.gif

Also looks like the Bulls will have that 3 seed. This should be better to get the Cavs into shape to take on The Hawks, and whichever powerhouse comes out of the west.

Fjordson

Didn't watch last week's Golden State Spurs game I take it?
Was a meaningless game for GS on the second night of a back to back. Doesn't mean much. GS spanked them the previous matchup when they were still playing for the 1 seed.

SA might beat GS in a series, but it ain't gonna be easy. And homecourt advantage is massive in Oakland.

Westlo

im telling myself that miami missing the playoffs might be a good thing.for their health.

I lie to myself to numb the pain

Even though it sucks it's pretty much true if we get keep our pick and maybe move up a bit with some luck. I mean ffs, I know Pat loves his vets and makes some ill trades, but he's only had 3 Top 10 draft picks (4 top 20!) in his entire Miami reign. Butler, Wade and Beasley, wouldn't be bad to add another. Though knowing Riles he'll probably deal it, either way it's an asset that will help more than a first round loss to the Spurs East.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Who has the tiebreaker between us and the Jazz? Us and the Hornets? What are even the draft tiebreakers? The lottery is such a foreign concept to me. Since Riley and Arison have been running the show in 19 seasons, we've only missed the playoffs 3 times!

l7BpEG2.png

One aspect of Curry's game that I feel people overlook is that he gets his numbers without ever breaking the flow of the team offense or at the detriment of his teammate's offensive game.

Glad the heat lost last night, just gotta do a super mini tank for the next few games and this painful, dreadful season will be over. the only other thing keeping me around is hoping Lebron and the cavs don't get a ring because fuck that.

zychi

Banned
l7BpEG2.png

One aspect of Curry's game that I feel people overlook is that he gets his numbers without ever breaking the flow of the team offense or at the detriment of his teammate's offensive game.

Curry is fun to watch and he's a great talent, but i doubt you'd get these stories if he was on the Lakers or Miami. He just happens to be playing on a team that doesn't play fuckball.

Can you imagine Curry on the Spurs? Jesus.

Bron looking out for us since he knows well get that chi town 10th to first miracle at the lottery
I think they were actually 9th when they got the first pick. I don't think we could get a top 3 pick, but maybe we could luck out and move up a couple of spots.

Who has the tiebreaker between us and the Jazz? Us and the Hornets? What are even the draft tiebreakers? The lottery is such a foreign concept to me. Since Riley and Arison have been running the show in 19 seasons, we've only missed the playoffs 3 times!

Since we split the season series with both teams, I think it comes down to who has a worse conference record. Charlotte is 25-24, Utah is 21-27, and Miami is 23-26.

MVP discussion

"Not taking anything away from Steph [Curry], I just think James has done so much with less," Blake Griffin said Friday. "He's had a lot of guys injured, and they're sitting at No. 2. You can't go wrong with either one. If Steph gets it, he deserves it. I think James deserves it, too."

Basically how I feel

MVP discussion

"Not taking anything away from Steph [Curry], I just think James has done so much with less," Blake Griffin said Friday. "He's had a lot of guys injured, and they're sitting at No. 2. You can't go wrong with either one. If Steph gets it, he deserves it. I think James deserves it, too."

Basically how I feel

Nah. James took the first 3 months of the season off.

Also, Curry's team has won 60+ and he's objectively and demonstrably the best player on that team and the best scoring PG in the NBA.

Curry is the MVP. Fuck Harden, and sorry LBJ: next time don't act like a pouty bitch for 3 months and you'll get proper consideration. He's certainly done God's work since January and it is true there's less overall talent on the roster than GS has. But November --> January he was acting bitchmade.

Fjordson

When you have a player as good as Curry on a team as dominant as the Warriors there's not much reason to give it to someone else.

Harden's the MVP and will win it.

Curry is an amazing talent though.
Curry will win it and the voting won't even be particularly close. What should happen is subjective, but you can bet that's what will happen.

OKC gotta be kicking themselves for giving away Harden for peanuts. They could've had the west by the balls for half a decade, instead now they sit there hoping that durant doesn't go.

When you have a player as good as Curry on a team as dominant as the Warriors there's not much reason to give it to someone else.

Curry will win it and the voting won't even be particularly close. What should happen is subjective, but you can bet that's what will happen.

There is NO chance Curry will win it easily.

He could win it but it would be neck and neck.

OKC gotta be kicking themselves for giving away Harden for peanuts. They could've had the west by the balls for half a decade, instead now they sit there hoping that durant doesn't go.

He didn't show up against the Heat in the Finals though, he was a total non-factor.

It's still possibly the wrong decision even at the time but if he played lights-out in the Finals and they were competitive, they probably would have kept him.

Top Bottom