• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

zychi

Banned
Lebatard floating the theory that Lebron is sitting the next 2 boston games so that boston wins and the heat don't make the playoffs.

that's cold, lebron

i guess this means cle has a terrible team that cant beat boston without lebron?

if people actually believe this, then i guess every other east team has a better chance than cle?

leba being stupid like usual.

That would be hilarious. Serious question, is LeBron still hated in South Beach?

he's not exactly loved, and our loyalty lies with our team so he can suck an egg and i hope he never wins another ring.

but i can admit that he's good, that if he's sitting to screw the heat that he's cold blooded, and that i am thankful for the 2 rings he helped bring down here.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
every year i think they will finally slow down.

but like clockwork, they get this burst of energy and proficiency near the playoffs that make them scary as fuck.

Like an old veteran who knows to save his energy fore the most opportune moment while the younguns are parading around flexing their muscles in extravagant manner before the fight.

Apparently ratings are down this year.

I know it sounds crazy, but i think part of it is due to Lebron leaving MIA. No longer is there a "villain" to defeat. no longer a goal of every team and city to strive towards to (BEAT THE HEAT).

I think it has more to do with all the injuries.

Kobe
Drose
Rookie injuries
Knicks sucking, Carmelo injured
Bosh
Durant
Paul George

"Thabo Sefolosha (black man in general vicinity of New York City police officer) will miss the rest of the season." - @NBAInjuryR3port

Edit:

On a serious note, this seems to be more serious than I originally thought.

CCLafM2W8AITz3W.jpg

"Police report says it took four officers to place Thabo Sefolosha in handcuffs. #ATLHawks" - @CVivlamoreAJC

Pacers’ Chris Copeland and 2 Women Are Stabbed Outside Manhattan Club - NY Times

One of the two Hawks team members who were arrested, Thabo Sefolosha, 30, an eight-year veteran from Switzerland, was arraigned on charges of resisting arrest, obstructing governmental administration and disorderly conduct after he ran “in an aggressive manner” toward a police officer who had his back turned to Mr. Sefolosha, according to a criminal complaint. It took four officers to place Mr. Sefolosha in handcuffs, the complaint says.

The other Atlanta player, Pero Antic, 32, who is from Macedonia, was arraigned on charges of obstructing governmental administration, harassment and disorderly conduct. While Mr. Sefolosha was being arrested, a criminal complaint says, Mr. Antic grabbed another officer’s shoulder.

Video of Brutal Clash with Cops Headlocked & Taken Down - TMZ Sports

Atlanta Hawks star Thabo Sefolosha was grabbed around the neck -- and flung to the ground -- in a struggle with several NYPD officers during his Wednesday arrest ... and TMZ Sports has the footage.

Before the video begins, Thabo's teammate Pero Antic was already sitting on the curb -- subdued by police for allegedly obstructing cops from investigating the Chris Copeland stabbing.

But when cops tried to corral Thabo, something went wrong -- and a scuffle breaks out between the NBA player and 6 officers.

At one point during the struggle, you can see an officer reach out and grab Thabo by his neck ... while two other officers help take the 6'7", 220-pounder down to the ground.
Eventually, Thabo is placed in cuffs -- and officers walk him down the street ... while onlookers shout obscenities in French directed toward the police.

Fjordson

Why were the Atlanta dudes obstructing the cops? If they actually did.

Weird story. And hate to say it, but I'm always a bit wary about cops these days.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Just saw an NBA alert on my phone about Thabo. Holy crap. I can only wonder if this incident will derail the Hawks' postseason.

Lol Beasley making more 3s than Bulls field goals in the 2nd quarter. This is pathetic. The Bulls aren't doing shit in the playoffs. I'm done being optimistic.

Every time I think the Heat have hit rock bottom, they show me that they can fall to another level. This is the worst quarter we have played all season, hell this might be the the worst quarter in years.

Edit: Lol now we are down double digits. I hope D Wade is alright, because he has been playing really poorly tonight.

Mother of God.... It's like Will Smith went into that Heat locker room in halftime and did that neuralyzer memory erase thing and everyone on the damn team forgot to play how to pro basketball. This is fuckballing of the highest level.

Well there is one positive thing about this game. The Bulls have shown they have no answer for Whiteside, which could be huge if Heat meet the Bulls in the playoffs next year.

Unless Whiteside actually turns into David Robinson I don't think this Heat team will amount to anything next season either, and that's even with the return of Bosh. I really don't think Wade and Deng will stay in tact by this time next year if they have to continue carrying a load.

It still feels too close to the LBJ era and they really gotta wash themselves clean of that

This team is so bad I'm starting to question if they'd be good even if they had Bosh. Something's just not right. They've got a Josh Smith on the Pistons-like weight that needs to be lifted.

This team is so bad I'm starting to question if they'd be good even if they had Bosh. Something's just not right. They've got a Josh Smith on the Pistons-like weight that needs to be lifted.

Their core rotation is talented and it's a very good rotation but not championship in my opinion. They would need to have a really really good bench to have a shot. You aren't winning the title without one of the true elites in the league. With LeBron leaving they lost that impact player. Even when we got Dragic and still thought Bosh was healthy I wasn't all that optimistic. better, sure, but not better than the best in each conference.

They have a collection of really good players but nobody in particular that opposing teams lose sleep over.

GamerSoul

Well there is one positive thing about this game. The Bulls have shown they have no answer for Whiteside, which could be huge if Heat meet the Bulls in the playoffs next year.

I think so. I just hope the flow of the offense will work well with him Bosh, Wade, and Dragic. Next year will be great if everyone can stay healthy. imo
10zakgn-gif.5074

Yeah. Heat vacation mode activated. No point in making the playoffs at all. Ain't doing shit w/o Bosh.

thank you lol. And yea, you cant give up a lead like that in a must win..

Top Bottom