• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Nah. James took the first 3 months of the season off.

Also, Curry's team has won 60+ and he's objectively and demonstrably the best player on that team and the best scoring PG in the NBA.

Curry is the MVP. Fuck Harden, and sorry LBJ: next time don't act like a pouty bitch for 3 months and you'll get proper consideration. He's certainly done God's work since January and it is true there's less overall talent on the roster than GS has. But November --> January he was acting bitchmade.

Harden's playoff numbers are boo boo.

overcast

Naw Curry will most certainly get a huge majority. It should be neck and neck, but it won't be.

Also, Rockets fans ya'll sweating? Cause I am. No DMO, no Bev going into the playoffs. I bet we end up 6th seed and get SA in the first round. Quick exit if that's the case.

Curry is the people's champion though - I also think he will win it easily.

Well, I might be way off but I'm sticking with what I said.

I think it will be close.

One of the reasons(besides the actual playing) that I think Harden will win it is because the player analysts always seem to give him the edge in the race(they probably don't even have a vote but still...).

Even Mark Jackson picked Harden over his guy.

I think Klay Thompson's hype early on and play overshadowed Curry if just for that small period of time.

Harden seems to be carrying the Rockets more.

Either one would be a good choice.

He didn't show up against the Heat in the Finals though, he was a total non-factor.

It's still possibly the wrong decision even at the time but if he played lights-out in the Finals and they were competitive, they probably would have kept him.

but wasn't he still basically a glorified 6th man at the time? Sure, he didn't show up but no one from OKC really did, it was pretty much an easy series for Miami. They moved on from him much too soon

Fjordson

There is NO chance Curry will win it easily.

He could win it but it would be neck and neck.
It really won't be. Team performance factors heavily into the award these days and the Warriors are 10 games above the rest of the pack. And statistically dominant over the entire league in many areas.

Like I said, whether that's right or wrong is for everyone to decide individually. Just saying that's what will happen. ESPN had a panel survey on who they thought would win it and Curry was at like 82%. He'll win it quite comfortably.

edit: quite comfortably may be a poor choice of words, it'll be far from unanimous. But I'm pretty confident Curry will win it.

Even Mark Jackson picked Harden over his guy..

Mark Jackson has been salty as fuck lately. He's said that rim protection doesn't matter in the NBA (dig at Bogut). Then turned around and called D. Jordan DPOY over Draymond Green (contradicts what he earlier said about rim protection not mattering). Now he goes out of his way to say Harden is MVP over Curry, his guy (to which Curry was shocked considering how much he vouched for him and continues to). He's clearly bitter over losing his job and hasn't gotten over it.

Mark Jackson has been salty as fuck lately. He's said that rim protection doesn't matter in the NBA (dig at Bogut). Then turned around and called D. Jordan DPOY over Draymond Green (contradicts what he earlier said about rim protection not mattering). Now he goes out of his way to say Harden is MVP over Curry, his guy (to which Curry was shocked considering how much he vouched for him and continues to). He's clearly bitter over losing his job and hasn't gotten over it.

Well, that could all be true but that's not what I saw last time they brought it up.

He paused and basically said he thinks Harden should win it but would like Curry to.

It could have been being politically correct though, you never truly know a guy's intentions 100% unless you are in his head.

GamerSoul

All i can do is shake my head and shrug this season off.

Every time I hear Chef Curry I think of this image.

KSS_Chef_Kawasaki.png

Hahah

I really don't think it's Mark Jackson being bitter. Why can't he just have a damn opinion? It's not like the choices he's making are outrageous...

I mean he gave his reasons. Is he salty about being fired? Yes. But he's not going out of his way to discredit Warriors players. Yall just seem to want to sweep every award lol.

Fjordson

Nah, the Harden thing is fine. Perfectly reasonable answer.

He and Bogut is kinda weird though. They definitely don't seem to like each other.

Shun

Nah, the Harden thing is fine. Perfectly reasonable answer.

He and Bogut is kinda weird though. They definitely don't seem to like each other.

That's more Bogut being very vocal about it and maintaining a horrible attitude during Jackson's tenure due to his lack of usage. Jackson just didn't know how to use Bogut's skill as a passing big man and Bogut took that personally and made his displeasure heard.

As of now, Jackson is salty as hell but he isn't a bad guy.

Fjordson

That's more Bogut being very vocal about it and maintaining a horrible attitude during Jackson's tenure due to his lack of usage. Jackson just didn't know how to use Bogut's skill as a passing big man and Bogut took that personally and made his displeasure heard.

As of now, Jackson is salty as hell but he isn't a bad guy.
Jackson alienated just about everyone in Golden State (front office disliked him and his coaching staff was bizarrely dysfunctional) so I don't put it all on Bogut by any means. MJax just seems like an obnoxious person to work with and a bit of a douche professionally.

There's also the religion thing that local writers have said alienated a few guys, Bogut especially. Jackson was apparently super, super intense about that stuff.

Shun

Jackson alienated just about everyone in Golden State (front office disliked him and his coaching staff was bizarrely dysfunctional) so I don't put it all on Bogut by any means. MJax just seems like an obnoxious person to work with and a bit of a douche professionally.

There's also the religion thing that local writers have said alienated a few guys, Bogut especially. Jackson was apparently super, super intense about that stuff.

During right before his firing, majority of the team supported Jackson. Curry, Green, Iguodala, Speights, etc.

He was good with developing the team's defense and was a source of stability in some ways for the players whom did support him throughout the tenure. He wasn't the best decision maker as a coach, but he wasn't a D'Antoni or a Shaw or a Byron Scott. I mean he has to be decent if DeMarcus Cousins wanted him or George Karl to coach for Sac.

I mean I love Bob Myers, but our front office and the bench arguing isn't something new. Team has always been dysfunctional with terrible decisions until now that Lacob gets the person he wants. I'm not a fan at all of the decisions that Warrior's owner Joe Lacob makes, the move to San Francisco being a huge fuck you to the fanbase. Lacob's nonchalant comments during the switch were quite unprofessional as well in contrast to how the other members of the front office dealt with the offseason.

Bob Myers has been making pretty good decisions through his tenure so far and I trust him.

I mean Mark Jackson wasn't perfect, but he led us to some pretty decent times after years of shitty draft picks and terrible basketball. Does he deserve a ton of shit now for what he says? Definitely. But during his tenure, he got a bit too much crap. We just got lucky with the coaching market this past offseason.

Fjordson

Oh I agree he did some great things as coach, but I can't say I miss him much. Just has always come off as a bit of a douche to me and I don't think it's a coincidence so many people were ready to see him gone.

Naw Curry will most certainly get a huge majority. It should be neck and neck, but it won't be.

Also, Rockets fans ya'll sweating? Cause I am. No DMO, no Bev going into the playoffs. I bet we end up 6th seed and get SA in the first round. Quick exit if that's the case.

Sweating buckets right now. Lose, and they drop to 6th. With that, Harden's MVP chances go as well.

>Being the best player and the reason the Warriors are having a historic season.
>Not winning MVP.

I don't think this voting will be particularly close to be honest.

Come on Houston! Beat the Spurs! Anybody but them winning the division.

I hate in Basketball that the Division title winners are all skewered towards a certain number of teams.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Marcus smart needs to take more shots, attack the basket more, I have no idea why the reigns are so tight on him.

The league really needs to find a way to remove this 'hack a ___' strategy. I understand why its a legitimate strategy, and that players should hit their free throws, but in the end its just not fun to watch and completely ruins the flow of the game.

Bullshit Harden pretending to get that shot off.

Play some real fucking defense

Grown ass men playing professional basketball, make a fucking free throw or put someone in that can. But they can't because none of those guys can.

and the Spurs have the 2nd best defensive efficiency.

Bullshit Harden pretending to get that shot off.

Grown ass men playing professional basketball, make a fucking free throw or put someone in that can. But they can't because none of those guys can.

and the Spurs have the 2nd best defensive efficiency.

Learn to shoot FTs, you only making millions

kobe-shrug.jpg

then play some real defense if you're so good at it

nobody pays or wants to spend time watching this bullshit

this is the equivalent of someone spamming an exploit. play the goddamn game

neptunes

then play some real defense if you're so good at it

nobody pays or wants to spend time watching this bullshit

this is the equivalent of someone spamming an exploit. play the goddamn game

exploit? you are not serious

Is taking advantage of mismatch after a screen an exploit too?

Top Bottom