• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Well, I think its settled that Harden won't be MVP now. Sloppy game by the rockets too, horrible free throw percentage, 20 turnovers. What a disappointment.

Well, I think its settled that Harden won't be MVP now. Sloppy game by the rockets too, horrible free throw percentage, 20 turnovers. What a disappointment.

Harden has still carried the Rockets team on his back whereas Curry has had a more favorable team around him. Still think Harden deserves it.

Harden has still carried the Rockets team on his back whereas Curry has had a more favorable team around him. Still think Harden deserves it.

These argument never seem to take into account that maybe Curry's supporting cast looks better in a lot of part because of him? Not to say that player for player the Warriors aren't better than Houston (especially with all their injuries) but Curry should get credit for how good they are looking. The offense runs through him perfectly.

Fjordson

These argument never seem to take into account that maybe Curry's supporting cast looks better in a lot of part because of him? Not to say that player for player the Warriors aren't better than Houston (especially with all their injuries) but Curry should get credit for how good they are looking. The offense runs through him perfectly.
Yep.

And candidates are thankfully never penalized for winning too much when you look at the recent history of the award. Warriors dominance will work in Curry's favor.

Lexxism

Wow. No call on that blatant foul? Jesus Christ.

Clean block

CCRzNVKW4AA2omN.jpg

Raps win thanks to Lou, 6th man Williams!! Just happy to get win despite how bad we played.

Spurs just ridiculous, Vintage Duncan beast mode tonight. Harden had a bad game, shot like 5/20 fg. It was bad man.

Celtics beat the Cavs? Wtf Brad Stevens is great coach can't believe he is winning with this roster.

Celtics beat the Cavs? Wtf Brad Stevens is great coach can't believe he is winning with this roster.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say cleveland tanked that game (between lebron sitting for half the game, kyrie sitting for a fictional hip injury, and the corpses of miller and marion combining for 44 minutes)

Paul Wong starts We Believe Part 2

Paul Wong, whose "We Believe" fan campaign helped fuel the Warriors' 2007 playoff upset of the top-seeded Dallas Mavericks, is at it again.

The 42-year-old Alameda resident will unveil a new "We Believe Championship" placard at Thursday's night game against the Portland Trail Blazers at Oracle Arena.

He will come equipped with 250 blue and gold placards he intends to share with "my beloved Dub nation."

"I think it's going to take it to a whole different level," he said. "It's almost like déjà vu again."

Wong said a visit last fall by coach Steve Kerr and his staff to his Alameda restaurant, "Hang Ten Boiler," cemented his warm feelings toward the current Warriors regime.

"This is where I feel like I've really reached stardom as a fan," said Wong, noting that Kerr made visits to Iowa to meet Harrison Barnes and Australia to get to know Andrew Bogut after being named coach.

"I felt so special that he came to visit the ultimate fan by dining for lunch with his coaching staff," Wong said, noting that Kerr posed for a photo with him. "I felt so honored."

Pretty classy of Kerr to go and visit the guy..

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say cleveland tanked that game (between lebron sitting for half the game, kyrie sitting for a fictional hip injury, and the corpses of miller and marion combining for 44 minutes)

Oh I see I didn't catch game, I think Cavs face them again in a few days and Celtics will have more to play for with playoff berth on the line. Pacers are coming.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Yeah, the other players wouldn't get as many good looks as they have if Curry wasn't frequently drawing a lot of attention.

Pimpwerx

I haven't posted in a few weeks. I was overseas for a minute. Do a week in Bangkok. Holy shit, the stories are all true. I loved it so much I'm moving there later this year. Fucking unreal.

Anyway, I got to follow some of the games while over there. Boy, we fucking suck. I can't wait for the season to end. Next year will be so much better. It just has to be. Unfortunately, it means I'll mostly be watching West Coast games, as East games are too early in the morning over there. I'll have to figure out the cable situation when I get there. If anyone is located in Asia and has found a good non-LP solution, give me the good news. Otherwise, I might have to just swallow the bill.

On a sad note, some of you know how much I love football, but it's almost certainly gonna drop off my watch list. I'll probably replace it with soccer. If you ever get a chance to visit Bangkok as a single male, do so. It's a whole 'mother level of fun. PEACE.

DJwest

No player in a 6th seed team is winning an MVP award, it's simply not happening. Otherwise TMac would have been MVP in 2003 lol

I haven't posted in a few weeks. I was overseas for a minute. Do a week in Bangkok. Holy shit, the stories are all true. I loved it so much I'm moving there later this year. Fucking unreal.

If you ever get a chance to visit Bangkok as a single male, do so. It's a whole 'mother level of fun. PEACE.
Dude, elaborate please, how was it like ?

rambis

Banned

I'd say its more symbiotic than any one side benefiting more. The Ws start three 40+% 3pt shooters. With that type of spacing everybody benefits and it makes double teaming near impossible.

Also I wouldn't necessarily say the offense runs through Curry. He's the primary ballhandler for sure but his usage is only slightly above Klay's, versus looking at a team like CLE where Lebron heavily dominates the ball. We play a more swing style game.

Chichikov

Anyway, I got to follow some of the games while over there. Boy, we fucking suck. I can't wait for the season to end. Next year will be so much better. It just has to be. Unfortunately, it means I'll mostly be watching West Coast games, as East games are too early in the morning over there. I'll have to figure out the cable situation when I get there. If anyone is located in Asia and has found a good non-LP solution, give me the good news. Otherwise, I might have to just swallow the bill.

On a sad note, some of you know how much I love football, but it's almost certainly gonna drop off my watch list. I'll probably replace it with soccer. If you ever get a chance to visit Bangkok as a single male, do so. It's a whole 'mother level of fun. PEACE.
You might want to check some other Asian cities first, in that part of the world, Bangkok is trash tier, unless you into fucking little boys I guess.
I'm not 100% serious, Bangkok is not my favorite city but good on you for moving to live in another part of the world, it's always a great experience.
Thailand is great though.

Anyway, as for watching NBA games, I've watched NBA before in Thailand, but it was mostly in bars that have satellite dishes, but they do games on free television there too.
I'm in China and they show shitload of games on free non-premium channel. Most of the playoffs games are going to be there as well. Lots of Tony Parker commercials for some reason...

You can of course always get league pass, it's pretty damn cheap in those countries and probably your best option for watching the NBA.

As for the hours, it ain't ideal, but it's doable, shit during the week, but gives you an excuse to get shitfaced at 8 in the morning on the weekend, so it evens out I guess.

Thabo Sefolosha NEW Video of Arrest ... NYPD Officer Swung Baton - TMZ

Atlanta Hawks star Thabo Sefolosha appeared to suffer a severe blow from an NYPD officer's nightstick during his arrest Wednesday night ... based on this new video of the violent take down.

TMZ Sports just obtained this new angle of Sefolosha's arrest, shot by a witness outside 1Oak Nightclub in NYC ... moments after Pacers Chris Copeland was stabbed.

In this video you can clearly see Sefolosha being tugged in different directions by 6 officers. Additionally ... you can see one of the officers take a big swing with his baton, and it sounds like he makes contact with something.

A witness says Thabo told police, "Calm down."

As we've reported ... Sefolosha broke his fibula during the scuffle with cops, and based on this video it's possible it could've been caused by the officer's baton.

In their report, police said Thabo was aggressively charging at one of the officers before they got physical with him. That's not evident from either video we've obtained ... since they start after the scuffle began.

What the hell is with TMZ and their use of ellipsis?

I was probably way too heated last night. True, I feel like it was a lame way to win, but Josh should have made his free-throws. It's just, losing by 1 point and the constant berating of the Rockets by most fans (still don't understand that), it all got to me. I am super excited about the playoffs. I just, man, a win last night would have put me in a way better mood. Spurs are scary good, so I hope the Rockets can get into the 5th seed somehow.

Don't mean to sap up this thread, just feel embarrassed. #AtLeastImHonest

HabeeNo

I was probably way too heated last night. True, I feel like it was a lame way to win, but Josh should have made his free-throws. It's just, losing by 1 point and the constant berating of the Rockets by most fans (still don't understand that), it all got to me. I am super excited about the playoffs. I just, man, a win last night would have put me in a way better mood. Spurs are scary good, so I hope the Rockets can get into the 5th seed somehow.

Don't mean to sap up this thread, just feel embarrassed. #AtLeastImHonest

That's just sports man lol IMO you're fine :)

Top Bottom